Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Chase just doesn't impact the game like he should as a #2 pick. 1.5 sacks through 8 games? Fine. But he lacks pressures and QB hits as well. 

Most pass rushers have lackluster rookie seasons but their 2nd season is typically better. Chase is worse in his second season than his rookie season, that's not good. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Cosmi yes. St Juste is purely a push. Getting nothing more than expected out of a 3rd rounder. A flash here and there but nothing spectacular. Samuel, Jackson, and McCain. I rest my case

Samuel may yet be a fine FA acquisition.  In his brief appearance he was getting open and making some things happen.  Yeah McCain was a cheap dumpster dive. William Jackson, I don’t know what the heck is going on with him.  Could be a victim of the general secondary dysfunction, hard to say.  

Realistically they won't trade Chase, he's like the face of the franchise right now and it would look terrible for them to trade a #2 pick for some 2nd round pick. Not saying I wouldn't trade him, but I doubt it's even being considered. He just stops and watches so many plays, I have no clue why he's doing that this year. He at least hustled last year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Realistically they won't trade Chase, he's like the face of the franchise right now and it would look terrible for them to trade a #2 pick for some 2nd round pick. Not saying I wouldn't trade him, but I doubt it's even being considered. He just stops and watches so many plays, I have no clue why he's doing that this year. He at least hustled last year. 

He doesn't give a **** buddy, Bust, Bust and Bust. 

10 hours ago, pico926 said:

Cosmi yes. St Juste is purely a push. Getting nothing more than expected out of a 3rd rounder. A flash here and there but nothing spectacular. Samuel, Jackson, and McCain. I rest my case

Getting slightly below average starter play out of a third round rookie CB is a hit. That being said, Paulson Adebo was taken right after St Juste and looks like the better player 

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Chase is certainly having a disappointing season, given his draft status, but he is playing a lot better than a "bust". 

He's having a season a lot like Allen did last year. Next year will be telling.

Bust is certainly premature, but there are absolutely times where it looks like dude is giving minimal effort and winded.  When you combine that with his lack of showing up on the stat sheet, and not showing up on the off-season, it’s a really bad look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Bust is certainly premature, but there are absolutely times where it looks like dude is giving minimal effort and winded.  When you combine that with his lack of showing up on the stat sheet, and not showing up on the off-season, it’s a really bad look.

1000% agree. He looks like he hit that "made it" level prematurely. Like I said, this offseason will be very telling about who he really is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think he's dogging it. His conditioning seems to be an issue though. As early as Week freaking 1 he was subbing himself out on pass rush situations in the first quarter. I'll cut him some slack for yesterday as playing in Denver can be really rough if you're not used to it but he's had stamina issues all year.

I don't care how good of an athlete you are, if you don't work on your conditioning you will get tired fast. I know some really athletic people(obviously not NFL caliber but you get it)who don't work on their cardio ever and they get winded after like an hour.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think he's dogging it. His conditioning seems to be an issue though. As early as Week freaking 1 he was subbing himself out on pass rush situations in the first quarter. I'll cut him some slack for yesterday as playing in Denver can be really rough if you're not used to it but he's had stamina issues all year.

I don't care how good of an athlete you are, if you don't work on your conditioning you will get tired fast. I know some really athletic people(obviously not NFL caliber but you get it)who don't work on their cardio ever and they get winded after like an hour.

Not just yesterday, but in other games this season, he's completely turned his motor off once the play is past him.  Perhaps that's a symptom of his conditioning and not wanting to hustle for what he most likely can't help with anyways but it's bad tape none the less.  I believe Baldinger has called this out with receipts as well. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not just yesterday, but in other games this season, he's completely turned his motor off once the play is past him.  Perhaps that's a symptom of his conditioning and not wanting to hustle for what he most likely can't help with anyways but it's bad tape none the less.  I believe Baldinger has called this out with receipts as well. 

Yeah I think its athletic arrogance. I see it in the competitive volleyball I play. Obviously nowhere near NFL level but sometimes when guys who think they're supposed to dominate suddenly don't, they don't have that same desire and start to shut down.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I think its athletic arrogance. I see it in the competitive volleyball I play. Obviously nowhere near NFL level but sometimes when guys who think they're supposed to dominate suddenly don't, they don't have that same desire and start to shut down.

I've done this before playing golf in my freaking beer league and I'm not even that good.  Where I start playing really poorly and I'm just like 'eh, oh well' and cease to try harder to figure it out and player better.

But there's no tape of me playing golf.  I've got to imagine for a guy like Chase this is a really bad look in the film room.  Curious to how it's handled.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He had a very good few weeks now. Super disruptive in the pass and run game, but the fan base only wants sacks.

Are you out of your mind? Super disruptive in the pass game?  His pressure numbers stink for the season.  He’s not even mediocre as a pass rusher.   And the one time a Denver OT purposely passed him off to a TE (on that late 3rd down conversion) he slowed almost to a stop, giving Bridgewater time to make the throw.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capsman said:

Are you out of your mind? Super disruptive in the pass game?  His pressure numbers stink for the season.  He’s not even mediocre as a pass rusher.   And the one time a Denver OT purposely passed him off to a TE (on that late 3rd down conversion) he slowed almost to a stop, giving Bridgewater time to make the throw.  

He was the highest graded player for us yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He was the highest graded player for us yesterday.

Shhh. Don’t you know you can’t say anything nice about him anymore? You’re only allowed to say stuff like he doesn’t try or care, he’s only in it for then money or he’s too arrogant. Where have you been???

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Its fine to say he's playing better but he's just not a disruptive game changing player like a Watt or Garrett. That's what you expect out of a DE taken #2 overall.

I wouldn't say that he's "not", but yes, he hasn't been as disruptive as those guys. He certainly seems to be in the lowest dip of a learning curve I think, but he is absolutely disruptive. 

I'm probably the most disappointed in him when I noticed him jogging casually to the pile on his side of the field instead of sprinting full speed like he used to. 

I assume the rest of being a top DE in the NFL is hard and requires some practice. But that part is just effort and he used to give it. Part of what made him special to me was that he tried hard. Yea he was crazy athletic and fast for his ridiculous size but on top of that he out tried you. I don't notice him doing that kind of stuff anymore. He set a tone on D that we miss imo. 

Edited by Llevron

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

So is the "he's a bust" and trade him talk. It's dumb.

Everyone just wants to be able to say they were first to label his outcome.  And everyone probably has a different definition of the word "bust."

Just need to see if he can make any improvements next year.  Above all else, no one here has any ****ing patience whatsoever, which is hilarious considering how long this ****box franchise has demanded us to be patient.  

I can see us drafting a quarterback next year, he plays 2 mediocre games and people are already calling for his head.  

• Like 1