Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

Never seen so much QB change in one year and it probably will continue into 2021 and maybe 2022.

Rivers probably only plays one season, that's all he signed for.  Colts did draft a QB.

Brees, signed a 2 year deal, I think.  He may only play one year.

Eventually, the Packers will move on from Aaron; though probably not for 2-3 years since the cap hit is huge.  

Cam has to be happy that Andy signed with Dallas; so he may still have a shot of signing with Jacksonville, where he could eventually be the starter.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Cam has to be happy that Andy signed with Dallas; so he may still have a shot of signing with Jacksonville, where he could eventually be the starter.

Newton would be a horrible fit in Jay’s system.  Dalton was a better fit, frankly I’m shocked he didn’t end up there. 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What are the Pat's expectations and intentions ?

Compete outright with Stid ?

Insurance in case Stid ain't no Stud ?

Veteran mentorship/backup ?

Bill wants to show he can win without Brady.

If Cam is healthy, he wins the job. There's no way he isn't the starter if he's healthy.  He wouldn't have gotten that incentive laden contract, if Bill didn't think he could become the starter.

I think Bill thought it would be easier for an establish veteran like Cam to become the starter; than having a young kid do it.  The coronavirus limiting offseason activities; probably played a part.  

• Like 1

I love Patrick Mahomes as much as anyone, but 10 years off two years of play is a bit..... extreme? If the team is smart, they put in some injury clauses after seeing what happened to Alex Smith.

Edited by NickyJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 88Comrade2000 changed the title to The 2021 QB Thread- Expect Even More Big Changes this year

2021 will continue to see a change in QBs.   Some QBs will retire.  Some will be cut or traded; either due to new regimes or poor QB play.

New England- they will finish too low to get one of the Top QBs in the draft; unless they trade up.  Cam will be one and done there.  What does Bill do?

New York Jets-  They will be drafting their QB.

Philadelphia- Will they stay will Jalen or get someone else.  Can they find someone to take Carson; with that very high cap number?

Dallas-  Will they resign Dak or draft a QB?

Washington-  Will they draft a long term QB for Alex to groom?  Does Dwayne get another chance?

Chicago- They will move on Tribusky/Foles.  Will they draft, trade for a QB, or sign a free another agent?

Detroit- The new regime may decide to move on from Matt Stafford.

Pittsburgh- I expect Ben back in 21 but the Steelers need to find his successor. 

Atlanta- The new regime may decide to move on from Matt Ryan.

New Orleans-  I think Brees finally retires. He's been injured the last 2 seasons. The Saints need his successor.

Tampa Bay-  Will the Brady- Arians pairing make to a year 2?  Tampa does need a long term QB.

Jacksonville- Will draft the 2nd QB available.

Indianapolis-  Rivers is too old, not worth resigning. They need a younger long term solution.

Denver- Drew Locke probably isn't the answer.  They may draft someone else or could Elway trade for someone like Stafford or Ryan?

San Francisco- They are moving on from Jimmy G. 

Wow, that's almost have the league that has long term QB questions.  Some of that will be filled in the draft but there could be trades also for players like Wentz, Stafford and Ryan. 2021 should be just as interesting at 2020 in the QB market.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

2021 will continue to see a change in QBs.   Some QBs will retire.  Some will be cut or traded; either due to new regimes or poor QB play.

New Orleans-  I think Brees finally retires. He's been injured the last 2 seasons. The Saints need his successor.

How bad must Jameis Winston be not to be the starter when Brees went out but to have Taysom Hill get the nod instead?

• 2 weeks later...