Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

On 1/5/2021 at 12:38 AM, China said:

What happens to Carson Wentz ?

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex Smith retires after this season.

Do the Redskins trade for him?

Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston may be available and either could end up with the Jets

My money is on Wentz reuniting with his old OC in Indy. I expect a trade between the two franchises.

Mariota, bleh. Winston intrigues me. Theres really not enough tape of him WITH lasik eye surgery. That man was squinting at every receiver further than 5 yards down the field, you can't tell me that didn't have something to do with all those interceptions.

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-qb-drew-brees-likely-to-retire-after-postseason-run

Saints QB Drew Brees likely to retire after postseason run 

Drew Brees is gearing up for what might be his final run with the New Orleans Saints.

With the Saints kicking off their postseason Sunday afternoon against the Chicago Bears, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL GameDay Morning that Brees is likely to retire after the season.

"I have yet to talk to one person who believes that Drew Brees will play in 2021," Rapoport said. "He has not made clear his decision, he has not announced definitively that he is retiring after the playoffs, but certainly that seems to be the way this is headed.

"As you mentioned, he has an NBC contract waiting. (He) may have done it last year, (but) decided to come back this year and give one final ride, see if he can ride off into the sunset, end his season on a podium holding a trophy. And this is another reason, by the way, the team wanted to get an extended look at Taysom Hill when Drew Brees was out with about 35 rib fractures, just to see what they have next year at the quarterback position. That is still ongoing, and of course, we'll see how Brees finishes it out."

Sigh, I guess Brady secures the passing records then.  

Edited by visionary

Anyone that goes high on their initial bid should be fired on the spot. There's a very good chance Easterby has major input into bringing in the new GM from New England, and the schism with Watson came immediately after that hire. They saw trading Hopkins as "addition by subtraction" and Easterby's fingerprints were all over that asinine decision, so if I'm the other team I'm treating it like they have a strong desire to get rid of Watson. The owner over there is completely off his rocker. 

32 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Goff's ridiculous contract probably added some picks to the deal though.

Yeah I just saw a tweet that Washington was in the mix and had offered a deal to Detroit that offered more immediate help but Detroit decided to go in a different direction? Ugh.   

I have to agree, Rams way over paid for Stafford, even taking into account getting rid of Goff.  Two bad front office moves now - dumping two big contract players early in their contracts.

No first round pick until 2024 is steep.  Thinking that your team is ready to compete for the next three - four years is not good planning.  Stafford is a solid QB, perhaps above average, but he is not a top 10 QB, and is basically 33 years old with some injuries in his career.

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah I just saw a tweet that Washington was in the mix and had offered a deal to Detroit that offered more immediate help but Detroit decided to go in a different direction? Ugh.   

I wonder what we offered if that's true. I heard the 9ers had offered two 2nds and two 3rds. I guess nobody was offering a 1 this year so the Lions took what gave them the most long term help. They need to completely rebuild.

8 hours ago, FrFan said:

Now the Rams won't have any first round pick for the next seven years !

Not quite. The Rams won't have 1st round picks for 2022 and 2023. By then, it will have been 7 years since they used a 1st round pick. Still a stunning thought.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/30/rams-set-to-go-seven-straight-years-without-a-first-round-draft-pick/

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Remember, it isn't official until March 17. So, either team can back out before that date.

I suppose that a team could possibly escape unscathed were they to cancel the trade in the event one of the players having an injury or major illness before March 17, but cancelling merely due to buyers remorse would effectively render that team unable to make trades ever again.  All of the other teams would blackball the team for such a display of bad faith.