Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

So this was an impressive win and hopefully it does a lot to help with the growth of the young guys on the team. Guice just showed us why we drafted him and that he can make the big play to ignite an offense. 

I think Haskins did ok but as much as i believe in the running game, I think Haskins can begone a better qb knowing that he doesn't have to play perfect to win, or to score, or to get a first down. 

I was impressed by Sprinkle, Harmon, Sims, Flowers, Moreau, Collins, Sweat, Orchid, man so many names. This was just a really good win 

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Sweet we just beat two backup qbs. We must be close.

We may not be close, just progressing and that good to me.

And I'll take a supportive win from a rookie in his 5 game over a back up.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

8-8 is the territory to win the NFC east. 9-7 giants took out the 16-0 Pats. You get in the dance and you never know. 

we are 3-9 and our fans are talking about being “close” and winning the division lmao

we deserve this pathetic franchise. They sucker you all in every year and all it takes is 1-2 “culture building wins” lol

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

we are 3-9 and our fans are talking about being “close” and winning the division lmao

we deserve this pathetic franchise. They sucker you all in every year and all it takes is 1-2 “culture building wins” lol

No one is seriously talking about being “close.” Enjoy the win. This team has been bad, but they are trending in the right direction. Enjoy that. 

Not sure how many people are seriously considering this as a playoff team (although the is ES and I’m sure there’s some) BUT I’m in the side of finding a cohesion the players you currently have vs counting on improvement via draft picks and the anonymous players they represent that you don’t have.

Lost in all of this excitement is the fact that we are now a game ahead of the John Mara owned ( can't type me true feelings towards him due to site rules), Danial Jones loving crybaby whiners from New York.  Maybe Danny Dimes isn't the savior after all.

and when young QBs are setting the league on fire more than they ever have before, this is the bar we’ve set for ours. 

And we are ok with it 

Most of those guys still lighting it up at this point in the season are playing on far better teams than the Redskins.

23 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd contend he was better than a game manager today. He had some nice throws. Some bullets.

If Sprinkle can catch just a little bit, the kid has a hundred more yards and at least a TD.

He still barely had a 50% completion rate, threw for under 150 yards and didn’t crack a 70 QBR. There weren’t that many drops to make up for those numbers.

Just now, ntotoro said:

He still barely had a 50% completion rate, threw for under 150 yards and didn’t crack a 70 QBR. There weren’t that many drops to make up for those numbers.

It's almost as if he is a very inexperienced QB who has a dozen or so games started since High School.

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

and when young QBs are setting the league on fire more than they ever have before, this is the bar we’ve set for ours. 

And we are ok with it 

I'm okay with this being his 5th game of  NFL experience and that he's 2-2 in his starts (correct me if I'm wrong here).

And absolutely thankful that he's growing.

I wish that he had every opportunity to take first team reps, coaching and starts for the complete season so we could better evaluate him again his progress as well as the other rookies.

So, I'm happy that we won a game on the road and that we collectively can see progress.

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I’ve come to the conclusion some people will just never be happy and negativity is a life style choice.

Meanwhile, football is a great game and this is a great Sunday after many, MANY ****ty ones. 

Hail.

What made it was it was the younger players doing the majority of the work.

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Me thinks you might be missing the humor in those posts 😂 believe me, i 100% doubt that anyone here actually thinks we have ANY shot at winning the division. The point is that people think it’s FUNNY how there’s still even a chance (as small as it is, which, duh....does it even need to be said?)

Archived