Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Drop it. Every week with this ****. No one who is here on ES in 2019 needs to hear you trying to put a value on their fanhood. Some are rooting with long-term interests in mind rather than just this week. And it's fine. Stop policing peoples' fanhood and rooting interests.

I'm not policing anyone.  To each their very own.    By the way, take the time to read the contacts of the exchange before your comment on a side bar conversation.

To answer your question directly, if someone takes the time to post why they believe a win is sub optimal, someone else should have the right to respond respectfully.

Hope this helps man.  

HTTR

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The draft order is an issue but the biggest concern for me with wins at this point is Allen’s ability to convince Dan to keep him around.  

I honestly dont know how he can. Regardless of what happens this year there is a decade of bad decisions and embarrassments to hang on Bruce.

IF.....DH can be developed over a strong offseason by a legit coaching staff, and with some personnel moves, in this division we are already playoff contenders in 2020. That's how quickly things can change in the NFL. The Skins have some great young talent, it's just a matter of who can cultivate it. 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Drop it. Every week with this ****. No one who is here on ES in 2019 needs to hear you trying to put a value on their fanhood. Some are rooting with long-term interests in mind rather than just this week. And it's fine. Stop policing peoples' fanhood and rooting interests.

Any fan that roots for a loss is not a real fan. I have been watching this team since 72 . Losing gets stuck into a “culture” the team expects to lose. Winning does the same thing.

and In the nfl the difference between a 2nd and 20th pick In the first round is not much at all. It all depends on need and draft position. And we don’t need to draft a qb

40 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Killing our draft position 😣 I'm also fairly sure we won't be drafting a QB. Double 😣😣

we will be in a better position if haskins makes a big leap and we get another edge rusher or offensive tackle anyway. 

Grant yourself the serenity to accept the things you cannot change and enjoy a win where they young guys looked good! 

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd contend he was better than a game manager today. He had some nice throws. Some bullets.

If Sprinkle can catch just a little bit, the kid has a hundred more yards and at least a TD.

Not everything is on the QB. They get too much credit and too much blame.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

On top of that, I kind of want prospective coaches that we want to recruit... hot commodities to look at this roster and think... Okay, I can do something with that. The team needs to show some life to get an interesting next head coach.

We are so close now.  Especially if the Skins win 1 to 3 more games.

I think Bruce stays and Dan let's him pick the next coach.  Bill will get strong consideration if he finishes with 2 or 3 more wins.

4 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Long term success always start with a winning culture.  

Check KC, Check NE and what happened to be an excellent 6 round draft pick surprise, Check the Steelers who have won consistently for 5 decades.

If high draft picks equate to winning, then we would have been winning for the past 5 years.

Hope this helps.

lol at establishing a winning culture by going from 2-9 to 3-9. Hahah wow

heres a hint, no winning culture was established without good players. The more picks you have in the draft The better your chances of finding good players. or the higher you pick, the better the player selection and trade options available are 

hope that helps 

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We are so close now.  Especially if the Skins win 1 to 3 more games.

I think Bruce stays and Dan let's him pick the next coach.  Bill will get strong consideration if he finishes with 2 or 3 more wins.

Bruce  is gone at least as gm and team president. He may stay to get the stadium deal done 

I mean I'd rather lose and get a high pick too but its not like the team can just forfeit games. Guys are still gonna try to win as they should.

The good thing is at least its young guys who are stepping up and helping us win, like Guice and Moreau today. Sweat played well too.

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Bruce  is gone at least as gm and team president. He may stay to get the stadium deal done 

There is no proof of that.

Only way Bruce goes that easily, is if he wants to.  Until I see it, I won't believe it.

If the Skins win 2 or 3 more games; I think he stays. He will feel the Skins are close and Dan will give him that shot.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I honestly dont know how he can. Regardless of what happens this year there is a decade of bad decisions and embarrassments to hang on Bruce.

It has been for 10 years and he's still in charge... So, now he's telling Dan we're close...

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Don't bet on it...

1 minute ago, Stadium-Armory said:

We run the ball on the 27th ranked run defense and people are suddenly talking about "being close". Jesus.

Because yeah; that's what Bruce will tell.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

lol at establishing a winning culture by going from 2-9 to 3-9. Hahah wow

heres a hint, no winning culture was established without good players. The more picks you have in the draft The better your chances of finding good players. or the higher you pick, the better the player selection and trade options available are 

hope that helps 

I love it!

Winning starts with wins.  Not draft picks not picking order, just winning.

Yes, confidence and competent coaching are key. Adequate players are key but winning starts with actually winning a game. 

And like I mentioned earlier, if it was about draft picks and round sections then we should be one of the better teams in the league by now.

I'm happy you picked up "Hope this helps"

HTTR  :)

Just now, dc1 said:

I love it!

Winning starts with wins.  Not draft picks not picking order, just winning.

Yes, confidence and competent coaching are key. Adequate players are key but winning starts with actually winning a game. 

And like I mentioned earlier, if it was about draft picks and round sections then we should be one of the better teams in the league by now.

I'm happy you picked up "Hope this helps"

HTTR  :)

Sweet we just beat two backup qbs. We must be close.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

2 superb post game feelings in 2 straight weeks.

Been a while since I was whooping and hollering at the TV in flat out excited fandom.

HAIL to the MF REDSKINS!

Hail.

Lol.  My son came down stairs twice to check on me.  

Yeah man.  It's been a long time.  

6 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Any fan that roots for a loss is not a real fan. I have been watching this team since 72 . Losing gets stuck into a “culture” the team expects to lose. Winning does the same thing.

and In the nfl the difference between a 2nd and 20th pick In the first round is not much at all. It all depends on need and draft position. And we don’t need to draft a qb

well damn. I guess we have an authority on “true fans” since you’ve been watching since 72. can I see your official fan card provided by the Washington Redskins? surely they provided a true and loyal fan like yourself with one right for keeping all of us fake fans in check for all these years.  

Ok boomer. 

Archived