Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Losing ugly with a fanbase that has lost hope already and is looking for every reason under the sun to point a finger at the FO and say " i told you so" is a terrible situation to put a rookie QB through. Stick to making bad jokes.

I don't come over and tell you how to make mac n cheese..lay off...just my opinion..what does haskins getting reps have to do with the fan base wanting to stick it to the fo?

Going 0-5 should have been a blessing in disguise. Gave them a chance to get Haskins experience in low stakes games. But of course, nope, he’s “not ready” 

somehow sitting for 16 games is going to have him ready to hit the ground running in 2020 with minimal mistakes as he most likely starts the season against some combo of Dallas, Cleveland, Philly, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh 

20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

..what does haskins getting reps have to do with the fan base wanting to stick it to the fo?

Haskins getting reps against 3 top 5 defenses in a row with no help is throwing your rookie qb to the wolves. The likelihood that he performs well against those three teams is slim at the very best. He will get destroyed, we will lose, and half this fanbase will start with the "i-told-you-so's" about Haskins and Snyder, and Allen, etc. You cant possibly be oblivious to the nature of DC fans. One step into the Nats threads or Caps threads, teams that have been successful, is all you need to see how fast a DC fan can go from supportive to "I knew he ****ing sucked and the FO cant do anything right." And you want to throw him into that furnace right now? Why? What do we gain from that?

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Haskins getting reps against 3 top 5 defenses in a row with no help is throwing your rookie qb to the wolves. The likelihood that he performs well against those three teams is slim at the very best. He will get destroyed, we will lose, and half this fanbase will start with the "i-told-you-so's" about Haskins and Snyder, and Allen, etc. You cant possibly be oblivious to the nature of DC fans. One step into the Nats threads or Caps threads, teams that have been successful, is all you need to see how fast a DC fan can go from supportive to "I knew he ****ing sucked and the FO cant do anything right." And you want to throw him into that furnace right now? Why? What do we gain from that?

So if he has to play Dallas, Philly, or Cleveland’s defense week one in 2020, he should sit again??

and wtf do the fans have to do with anything? The FO never listens to the fans, otherwise Allen would be gone and Gruden would have been gone years ago 

16 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

So if he has to play Dallas, Philly, or Cleveland’s defense week one in 2020, he should sit again??

and wtf do the fans have to do with anything? The FO never listens to the fans, otherwise Allen would be gone and Gruden would have been gone years ago 

No, because that is week one 2020, not week seven 2019...

If the FO listened to fans they would have traded a 1st for Josh Rosen in the offseason and cut Flowers before the start of the season. The only poor decision theyve made this year is not trading Trent Williams before Houston sent out a ransom for a lesser player in Tunsil. Gruden was getting replaced by Kevin at the end of this season regardless. He expedited his own exit.

51 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Going 0-5 should have been a blessing in disguise. Gave them a chance to get Haskins experience in low stakes games. But of course, nope, he’s “not ready” 

somehow sitting for 16 games is going to have him ready to hit the ground running in 2020 with minimal mistakes as he most likely starts the season against some combo of Dallas, Cleveland, Philly, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh 

It's just sooo much tougher now than in the 80's and 90's  /sarcasm  LOL  

He must be as dumb as a box of rocks if he can't play right now.  Hodges played okay last night.  If Haskins is mentally that unstable and soft then better to rid yourselves of him as fast as possible.  I assume they feel he will throw 5 INT's a game or more?  That sitting and holding a clipboard is tired rhetoric.  You learn from playing.  

I apply to the Jordan era of how you do things, not LBJ from the 3-6 mafia.

15 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

No, because that is week one 2020, not week seven 2019...

If the FO listened to fans they would have traded a 1st for Josh Rosen in the offseason and cut Flowers before the start of the season. The only poor decision theyve made this year is not trading Trent Williams before Houston sent out a ransom for a lesser player in Tunsil. Gruden was getting replaced by Kevin at the end of this season regardless. He expedited his own exit.

If he’s not playing, what’s the difference? 

he’ll be the same inexperienced QB 

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

As long as he dont get injured hes getting the time he needs win or lose...the other stuff about fans around there and what have ya is all irrelevant 

16 minutes ago, mudpig said:

He must be as dumb as a box of rocks if he can't play right now.  Hodges played okay last night.  If Haskins is mentally that unstable and soft then better to rid yourselves of him as fast as possible.  I assume they feel he will throw 5 INT's a game or more?  That sitting and holding a clipboard is tired rhetoric.  You learn from playing. 

You just proved every single point I made about a fanbase ready to piss on everything. And then to top it off... you want him to learn from playing while assuming he is dumb, mentally soft, unstable, and likely to throw 5 ints a game or more. Haha. How obtuse

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

As long as he dont get injured hes getting the time he needs win or lose...the other stuff about fans around there and what have ya is all relevant 

Thats a pretty lofty wish since behind this OL and TE we have watched an incredible amount of injuries related to blocking

1. Alex Smith - Broken Leg / Career-ender

2. Colt McCoy - Broken Leg

3. Josh Jackson - Broken Foot

4. Case Keenum - Foot Injury

In fact lets look at the OL/TE lineup so far:

1. Jordan Reed - Concussion, hasnt played this season

2. Vernon Davis - Concussion, hasnt played for 2 weeks

3. Trent Williams - Hold Out

4. Brandon Sherff - missed 2 weeks

5. Chase Roulier - missed 2 weeks

32 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

If he’s not playing, what’s the difference? 

he’ll be the same inexperienced QB 

This team is terrible.

Haskins will play regardless simply by being the backup. You honestly think Case Keenum is going to start the next 12 games in this dumpster fire? Or will even last that long physically? Dude was in a walking boot a week ago. (that's last *4 starting QBs injured btw) 

The starting QB on this team won't last the next 3 games. 

39 minutes ago, Mooka said:

This team is terrible.

Haskins will play regardless simply by being the backup. You honestly think Case Keenum is going to start the next 12 games in this dumpster fire? Or will even last that long physically? Dude was in a walking boot a week ago. (that's last *4 starting QBs injured btw) 

The starting QB on this team won't last the next 3 games. 

.....i think a new challenger may have entered the fray...

who plays first? Smith or Haskins lol 

How bad could Haskins look?

I mean, has anyone watched Baker Mayfield this year? Winston this week? Goff at times?

Let the kid play. Yes, he'll throw picks. Yes, he'll look lost a lot. Guess what? Lots of guys who are playing right now look that way. Most young QBs do. 

29 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

who plays first? Smith or Haskins lol 

This gives me a horrible thought: Haskins sits all of this year before McCeenum and all of next year behind Peg Leg Smith.

The Steelers won a game on the road with a freaking rookie 3rd string QB. I don't want to hear "Haskins isn't ready." You're the coach, get him ready! Run a simplified offense. Streamline the playbook. Cater to his strengths. But the guy needs snaps in real game action after a week of real starter's practice.

We're 1-5. The competitive portion of the season is over, especially with how brutal our schedule is this year(the only win I see is the Jets at home but they just beat the Cowboys with Darnold back). We need to see what we have in the kid.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I'd love to see a healthy Smith back on the field. Not this year... but if we can't get a top QB next year, he's a good handcuff to Haskins...

Of course, my view of Smith is well painted and I am bias.

Trying to set my biases aside here and just being a thinking man... There are so many reasons why Alex Smith coming back and starting for this team at any point are alarming.

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd love to see a healthy Smith back on the field. Not this year... but if we can't get a top QB next year, he's a good handcuff to Haskins...

Of course, my view of Smith is well painted and I am bias.

Trying to set my biases aside here and just being a thinking man... There are so many reasons why Alex Smith coming back and starting for this team at any point are alarming.

Alex Smith was/is my man. I don't want the team to need to play my man again.

When i see 6th, 7th rd  and undrafted QBs come in and play at an above average level while the 15th overall pick cant get on the field because "he is not ready" says to me one thing. This owner & GM once again screwed the pooch by vastly overdrafting an inferior player. To put it simply... if a QB is a project and  not ready to start in year one in todays NFL, he does not belong in the first two rounds of the draft... much like any other position. I dont know if Haskins will ever amount to anything.. but its not a good look this early.

I'm in on letting him play. The true expectations of the season is what, 1 more win, possibly 2? Clearly, it's done for, might as well see what you have before entering the off-season.

The biggest issue it seems is possible injury, which I totally understand, but that can happen at anytime on any play with any line. Sure, chances are greater with our current line but that's why, as I think someone mentioned, design quick plays. Roll him out and have Thompson ready in the flat, hell, bring in Anderson as FB and just have him block the rush for an added second of time.

It just seems like with our current staff and the likeliness that we have will have a new HC who may install a new system, then you're back at 0 and he has to learn again. I say, start him, design quick shots, utilize Peterson and Thompson, bring an extra blocker (be it Anderson, a TE) and lets see what Haskins can do.  

Archived