Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

It really seems like his success is very situational. Or situation-dependent.

Everything, including defense, OLine, receivers have to all be clicking on a high level for him to succeed.

You don't really see him making something out of nothing, or "carrying" the team through adversity.

I want to see him succeed. And I know it may involve patience. And yes, he does need more talent around him, than what we have.

But I still have doubts about the long-term with him.

I think we are all patient. As fans, we are about as patient as they get. If we saw a glimmer of hope, most fans would be understanding. The reason there is so much noise from us is because he just does not pass the eye test. This is why winning 2 or 3 meaningless games at the end of the year to get up to 6 wins is stupid. They just don't know how to draft QB especially not with Danny Boy butting his little ass in the decision. Yea yea, I hear he's turned the corner and won't do that anymore. 

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Justin Fields is from Ohio State right? Do they ever produce good QBs? It's like USC QB's.

I haven’t watched a ton of Fields in great detail, but I’ve watched a few games.

Fields is a different QB than Haskins. Haskins threw a lot of quick hitters or darts to his speedy receivers and let them run for a lot of YAC. He did that with a strong arm, poor technique and pre snap reads on defenses (ironically, we see similar here when he gets the ball out quickly vs. when he has to read a D post snap).

Fields is different. Dude moves better, has a strong arm, spreads the ball around the field, reads defenses pre and post snap. 

I think Haskins may have the stronger arm of the two, but Fields is close and uses it better.

I wasn’t enamored with Haskins as a passer and thought he was a major developmental project. I think Fields, Lance and Lawrence can make an impact on day one in the NFL. 

Also, off-topic... Lamar Jackson is actually still younger than Joe Burrow. 

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Justin Fields is from Ohio State right? Do they ever produce good QBs? It's like USC QB's.

I've seen this before and it makes think.

Did Tennessee ever produce another QB other than Manning? We had one, he wasn't very good.

Name an LSU Qb other than Joe Burrow? I can think of one, he wasn't very good.

Oregon QBs: Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Marcus Mariota, and Justin Herbert. People love Herbert's game on Sunday though.

Miami of Ohio other than Rothliesberger.

Quick, name another Auburn QB other than Cam Newton. We had one, he wasn't very good.

Point is, most schools produce one maybe two good QBs in their history--the school they come from means next to nothing.

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I haven’t watched a ton of Fields in great detail, but I’ve watched a few games.

Fields is a different QB than Haskins. Haskins threw a lot of quick hitters or darts to his speedy receivers and let them run for a lot of YAC. He did that with a strong arm, poor technique and pre snap reads on defenses (ironically, we see similar here when he gets the ball out quickly vs. when he has to read a D post snap).

Fields is different. Dude moves better, has a strong arm, spreads the ball around the field, reads defenses pre and post snap. 

I think Haskins has far better post-snap processing than Fields does, especially when in the pocket.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think Haskins has far better post-snap processing than Fields does, especially when in the pocket.

No way. He doesn’t process well post snap. His reads are off.

His accuracy decreases the longer he holds the ball. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Can we talk about the U? Kosar... Testaverde... Kelly.

Lets just call them QB U from now on, shall we?

What's interesting is Vinny T was the last U QB drafted in the 1st round. They haven't had a QB drafted before the 6th round since Craig Erickson was drafted twice in the 5th and then the 4th round in 1992.

Justin fields is going to be a star, I’ve watched a bunch of his games. He has that “it”. He’s basically a taller Murray maybe not a tricky as Kyler but uh yeah he’s good. A lot of people talk about Lance now and I know nothing about him 

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I've seen this before and it makes think.

Did Tennessee ever produce another QB other than Manning? We had one, he wasn't very good.

Name an LSU Qb other than Joe Burrow? I can think of one, he wasn't very good.

Oregon QBs: Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Marcus Mariota, and Justin Herbert. People love Herbert's game on Sunday though.

Miami of Ohio other than Rothliesberger.

Quick, name another Auburn QB other than Cam Newton. We had one, he wasn't very good.

Point is, most schools produce one maybe two good QBs in their history--the school they come from means next to nothing.

I agree with your statement overall - not exactly a QB churning scholl out there right now. But I would for historic purposes like to offer: 

Purdue University - Len Dawson, Bob Griese, Mike Phipps, Jim Everett, Drew Brees - -Not a bad list. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No way. He doesn’t process well post snap. His reads are off.

His accuracy decreases the longer he holds the ball. 

That has much more to do with his footwork/mechanics than it does his reads.  He's actually reading the field fairly well for a young QB - he just isn't throwing catchable passes to his WRs when they do get open.

Fields, on the other hand, will quickly bail the pocket when his first read isn't open.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What's interesting is Vinny T was the last U QB drafted in the 1st round. They haven't had a QB drafted before the 6th round since Craig Erickson was drafted twice in the 5th and then the 4th round in 1992.

Brock Berlin was criminally underrated. :ols:

31 minutes ago, max21 said:

Justin fields is going to be a star, I’ve watched a bunch of his games. He has that “it”. He’s basically a taller Murray maybe not a tricky as Kyler but uh yeah he’s good. A lot of people talk about Lance now and I know nothing about him 

Not to mention, he's a great kid with a great head on his shoulders. Loved watching the behind the scenes on QB1 on Netflix. Really think he'll be something special in the NFL and would love nothing more than us to land him in the draft. 

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Wait, if PFF has Geron Christian as a 55.2 from 2 games, that must mean they think he had a pretty good game against the Cardinals right?  Cause his Game 1 was in the 30's right?

Don't know if they thought he had a good game but certainly better, he's no longer ranked dead last among tackles but now he's 67th out of 71.  Progress. 😀

Archived