Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If you can change teams, you were never a 'fan' of the Redskins to begin with. 

Goof riddance to anyone of that ilk. 

Hail. 

Who are you to tell any of us what the legitimacy or illegitimacy of our status as fans is ?

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

And most would say if you propose Callahan is an offensive genius you want to stay, you were never a 'fan' of the Redskins to begin with. But I dont think you know what the word 'fan' means.

6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

And most would say if you propose Callahan is an offensive genius you want to stay, you were never a 'fan' of the Redskins to begin with. But I dont think you know what the word 'fan' means.

And pray tell who did that again?

Seriously, if you want to be a complete dick, at least try be an accurate one. 

Helps. 

Hail. 

55 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And pray tell who did that again?

Seriously, if you want to be a complete dick, at least try be an accurate one. 

Helps. 

Hail. 

Stay classy, San Diego.

But not surprised, and in the meantime Ill still continue to stand up for those you unfairly attack.

23 minutes ago, ananoman said:

I’m shocked at the number of Skins fans that are still showing up.  I guess they figure they might as well make the best of it since they can’t unload their season tickets for even a stick of gum 

i think because theyve already paid for them, they probably figure why let it go since no one will buy them.

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Disagreed. That would be like saying you were never married to your first spouse if you're divorced. I mean, if he/she was a worthless drunk who drained your money and did nothing to help around the house yet wanted your attention only when they wanted it, you'd eventually lose the ability to stay loyal to that too. 

If you can put up with this kind of performance for 20+years then I respect that, but I also see no big deal with people moving on also. It's like a hobby or TV show. If it no longer makes you happy then find one that does. Again, this is not a religion or a marriage, it's a hobby.

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

That is a bit absolute. A person can like more than one team, the Snyderskins have made this possible.

57 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Disagreed. That would be like saying you were never married to your first spouse if you're divorced. I mean, if he/she was a worthless drunk who drained your money and did nothing to help around the house yet wanted your attention only when they wanted it, you'd eventually lose the ability to stay loyal to that too. 

If you can put up with this kind of performance for 20+years then I respect that, but I also see no big deal with people moving on also. It's like a hobby or TV show. If it no longer makes you happy then find one that does. Again, this is not a religion or a marriage, it's a hobby.

That's not how fandom works though is it? To a layman, it must be a totally mad concept. But it's unconditional and like nothing else in life with the emotions involved. 

More often than not, a person's connection to his/ her team is the most important thing in their life outside of their faith and family. Often passed down from generation to generation. And that's your team, for better or worse, through the successful times and bad ones. You could lose interest to the point of not wanting to watch them/ pay to go watch them for whatever reason. In our case how poor the product is. But they're still your team.  You don't jump ship to another team. Following a sports team doesn't work like that. It's totally unlike most anything in life. That lifetime connection to your team. It's not like going to the store, and not liking what they sell/ charge. So you go to a different store the next week. Your team is your team. 

If it's not, and you can flip and change teams at will, you were never a 'fan' of any team to begin with. 

Each to their own. And maybe it's a different cultural thing.  But this concept of flipping teams when one is bad is the most foreign concept of fandom to me imaginable. 

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I wonder where the season ticket sales are at right now.  And I would imagine lot of the brokers would have to think about pulling back next year.  Must be taking quite the bath this season.

Any idea how much the Skins sell tickets to brokers for? I realize it varies for each level of the stadium, but was just curious.

You could've gotten into the club level for under $10 (including fees) if you waited until 15 minutes before game time today. 

Archived