Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

40 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Any idea how much the Skins sell tickets to brokers for? I realize it varies for each level of the stadium, but was just curious.

You could've gotten into the club level for under $10 (including fees) if you waited until 15 minutes before game time today. 

I think it depends on the sourcing.  If it's season tickets the brokers bought, then it's the same discount on face value that any other season ticket holders would get (so that's like 10% I think? Maybe more if the volume is really high?).  But if it's reclaimed tickets from delinquent season ticket holders or unused tickets from players/team personnel, then I think the team can negotiate with the brokers (where the profit/loss margin would be smaller I imagine because the demand would be more predictable).

I wanna be a fly on the wall in Snyder's room so badly.  I mean, what is he saying, what is he thinking.  This is worse than we even think it is.  Rock ****ing bottom.  I almost, ALMOST feel bad for the guy.  Anything but selling the team will be met with the same apathy we have now.  "I'm giving full control to so and so" we won't buy it.  We're dead.  This will take years to turn around whether we're talking about attendance or QB play or whatever.  We won't believe anything until it sustains for a few years.  It's sad.  Thanks Dan.  You might not think it's your fault, and maybe you tried your best, but everyone else who isn't a billionaire has to own up when they fail, and go a different course to succeed.  So **** you.

If 56,400 was the announced crowd, breaking it down to Skins fans and Jets fans and it would be feasible that Jets fans win!

I used to look forward to Monday morning (Aus time), which is Sunday afternoon (game time) in America.  I used to sit up waiting for the game to start, but as the years rolled on and I got older, I stopped sitting up and just checked the scores during the game (just to see how much we were trailing by!).  Most times, we were in front, but the opposition would have possession inside their 10 and invariably score a TD, putting them in front.  Nowadays, I sleep through the game and when I wake up, I check the scores to see how much we lost by.

We are such a bad team that not even Aust free-to-air TV shows a Redskins game, and I don't blame them.

Frame it this way, on this day: Washington has lost its past nine home games — more than a full season’s worth. Only one of those losses was a one-possession game. Washington lost five by at least three scores. In the year-plus since last winning on its home field, its average margin of defeat is nearly 16 points.

So if you’re leaving FedEx Field and want to beat the traffic, make sure you wait till the end of the fourth quarter.

For people to leave, though, they have to show up in the first place. The club announced an attendance Sunday of 56,426. The empty seats no longer seem jarring. The fraud of a generations-long waiting list is so passé. If you care, wait for the local television rating later this week. It’ll just be the latest data point in the long, slow, almost imperceptible slog to irrelevance.

“It’s obviously been a really tough season,” said been-here-forever linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, who knows from tough seasons. “There’s no other way around it. We were 3-13 in 2013, but right now, it’s pretty darn tough.”

It gets tiring to think about how massive any turnaround will have to be and how unlikely that seems under the current leadership of Daniel Snyder, the owner, and Bruce Allen, the team president. (Sorry, can’t help it: the 10-year anniversary of Allen’s hiring is coming up next month, and his record as an executive here is now 60-96-1, a winning percentage of .385, which averages out to be 6-10 year after year after year.) Sorry, sorry. Put those aside for a while and go through the absurdities of this game against the Jets — who, by the way, entered the matchup 2-7.

Only two teams awoke Sunday having scored fewer points than the Jets — Washington and the only team Washington has beaten, Miami. Yet on the Jets’ first possession, they never so much as faced a third down. Seven plays, 75 yards, a couple of Washington penalties. You got the sense right then and there the missed extra point didn’t matter. At all....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/the-redskins-are-making-it-harder-to-care-about-them-with-each-passing-loss/2019/11/17/a5a6607e-096c-11ea-8397-a955cd542d00_story.html

Is there any football personnel executive the fanbase would trust?  I mean we know Snyder won't sell, so it seems to me the only feasible way to sell the fanbase on somekind of a new start would be giving control of the franchise to a legit personnel executive.  Not someone wearing a dual hat like Shanahan, but a true proven GM.  One with enough cache and track record, so that the fanbase would feel like this person wouldn't come to DC to be Snyder's spokesperson.  I'm not sure who could fit the bill.

11 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Is there any football personnel executive the fanbase would trust?  I mean we know Snyder won't sell, so it seems to me the only feasible way to sell the fanbase on somekind of a new start would be giving control of the franchise to a legit personnel executive.  Not someone wearing a dual hat like Shanahan, but a true proven GM.  One with enough cache and track record, so that the fanbase would feel like this person wouldn't come to DC to be Snyder's spokesperson.  I'm not sure who could fit the bill.

We had that with Mac. 

And we know what they disgracefully did to him. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Would love to hear from people who attended today. It has to be miserable.

The game was, the fans weren't.  A lot of people I talked to are still coming because they are used to it and the people they meet up with been doing it for a very long time.  Or it was so cheap, it was "why not?", a lot of younger fans did that, a lot left early.  There were no redskins fans in my row by fourth quarter, so I went downstairs to where postgame crew was and watched the rest.  That was cool, but it was cold, and a lot of people complaining to each other to make sense of it.  It's getting harder.

30 minutes ago, c slag said:

The two parachutes that landed on the field at halftime was the best show of the whole day 

I thought they were bombing us at first

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Bruce prob told Snyder " look, people are hiring plane pilots to get into the stadium because seats are so hard to come by".

Pretty soon they will be putting Redskin tickets in cereal boxes.

Wouldn’t that be considered child endangerment?

Sheehan going to town on the point this morning.  Among topics: this is on pace record wise to be the worst Redskins team literally as to the 16 game schedule of all time.  Wonders if Callahan is worse than Zorn.  Then goes about all the fans checking out and actively rooting for them to lose not just because of draft position but because they don't like Dan and Bruce.  Talking about seats being available for $6.    The anger is oozing from him.

giphy.gif

Think about the PATHETIC individuals who still subject themselves to the abuse that is the Washington Football Team.  How do you not feel like an absolute LOSER when you attend these games?  There is nothing better you can do with your time?  Just continue to stuff Dan’s pockets, buying and wearing team apparel.  Blind loyalty to a franchise that doesn’t give two ****s about you.  I feel sorry for these people.

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Think about the PATHETIC individuals who still subject themselves to the abuse that is the Washington Football Team.  How do you not feel like an absolute LOSER when you attend these games?  There is nothing better you can do with your time?  Just continue to stuff Dan’s pockets, buying and wearing team apparel.  Blind loyalty to a franchise that doesn’t give two ****s about you.  I feel sorry for these people.

Mate that's ridiculously insulting. To be polite. 

You could make the pertinent argument for hitting Snyder where it hurts most to try bring about change. In the pocket. And trying to organise say a boycott of games et al to hammer that message home. 

But calling the game going fans, with all the sacrifices you make, both personal and financial, to follow your team live,  'PATHETIC individuals/ LOSER' is WAY beyond out of order. 

That's showing as much respect for fellow fans of your team as the man you're rightly castigating. None whatsoever. 

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Keep that hate pointed at Snyder where it belongs, sick of this fan cannibalism.

23 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Mate that's ridiculously insulting. To be polite. 

You could make the pertinent argument for hitting Snyder where it hurts most to try bring about change. In the pocket. And trying to organise say a boycott of games et al to hammer that message home. 

But calling the game going fans, with all the sacrifices you make, both personal and financial, to follow your team live,  'PATHETIC individuals/ LOSER' is WAY beyond out of order. 

That's showing as much respect for fellow fans of your team as the man you're rightly castigating. None whatsoever. 

Hail. 

That stadium could be bone dry empty and hed still turn profit because of TV deal, so taking it out on us makes no sense.

Archived