Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

thoughts:

1.  Too many people here crying about penalties (or the lack thereof).  I've reviewed all the ones called.  The calls have been fine.  I did see one that should have been called on Dallas late in the first half but other than that, the ratio of crying fans about the refs to actual ref performance impacting the game is about 1000 to 1.

2.  Dallas is simply a better team than Washington.  Philly is also a better team.  This shouldnt be a surprise.  The refs are not at fault for them being better.

3.  Montez Sweat is looking like a disasterous bust early on.  He has done absolutely nothing in a game and a half other than be easily blocked.  I remember one in depth scouting report on him had him as a second round project player who wasnt nearly as good at generating pass rush as the leadup to draft day had people believing.  

4.  I probably would bench Norman for the 2nd half but they dont have enough healthy corners.

5.  Montae Nicholson might not be at fault for that big play.  The deep receiver ran a post and was crossing out of his deep half responsibility.  the under receiver was wide open and IN his responsibility about 25 yards down the field.  either way nicolson went, dallas was getting a gigantic play there, the other guy would have had 35 yards if not a TD as well.  You want to blame someone.....why not blame the pass rushers who are non existent in 2 games and gave Dak about an hour on that play.

Archived