Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Cow****es at Redskins

TK

No one is claiming the 'Skins are losing because of the refs. Give that idea a rest.  We are all fully aware of how mediocre this team is.  All some of us are saying is that the refs need to be more consistent in what they are calling.  On both Dak runs, there was blatant holding, not ticky tacky "could be called or not"  Both of his runs a defender has his jersey grabbed and held, and Dak runs specifically by the defender being held so it isn't like it is happening on opposite side of the field where the refs might be out of position to call it.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Complaining about penalties is a losers mentality.

While I agree for the most part, it would be nice to see it called evenly on both teams. I have zero issues with the calls that went against us but sometimes certain softer calls against us won’t be called for us.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This team is defeated.  And I don’t blame them.  What’s the point of laying your life on the line when those around you have low football IQ and your coach is as simple as they come.

The defense will come out flat and then the offense will follow suit.

Imagine being a playmaker on this team (one of the few) and constantly having your good plays reversed. It's heartbreaking. Has to deflate you when your dumbass teammates commit such dumb, needless penalties to nullify a big stop or important play. 

3 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Disguising their penalties?  I've heard it all now

Yes. 

When you are tight to a defender and he begins to break away while having cloth, it emphasizes the hold. Dallas has been keeping extended and arms inside. Our guys aren’t making lateral movement to get away, so even in the case of a hold, it’s not obvious. The Skins guys keep cloth when opposing players make a move to break free. It’s gaming the rules and it happens in every level of football.

1 minute ago, moondog said:

I disagree. I have watched jay call two excellent games in a row only to get ****ed by penalties on his players and a missed deep throw or two. They were saying Byron Jones had great coverage on the first one to terry today. Bs. He had him beat and keenum under threw him and put in on the wrong shoulder back toward Jones otherwise that’s a big play. 

The stats that TK posted tell the tale:

The Redskins lead in TOP but are simply treading water with 3 yard runs and a paltry 33% 3rd down efficiency.  Sounds like a pretty poor game plan to me.

1 minute ago, cougs said:

The problem we are seeing is we have talent to be successful, but the coaching staff doesn’t know how to use it in an effective way to be a winning team. 

Exactly the coaches have a system and they want players to run the system and screw the talent and ability of the player

7 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ha.  I’ve seen it all now.  As fans we are now getting upset when media gives more credibility than deserved.  

Not it that I disagree with you 

Lol it is funny when you think of it that way but man I swear I bet Snyder and Allen listen to it and think “yea we are close”.

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Is Norman at fault for that first TD

Looked like Safety left his assignment and screwed the pooch

That’s what the commentators said but I’m not so sure.  There was an open receiver underneath that drew the safety over.   I think Norman just got beat.  

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

No one is claiming the 'Skins are losing because of the refs. Give that idea a rest.  We are all fully aware of how mediocre this team is.  All some of us are saying is that the refs need to be more consistent in what they are calling.  On both Dak runs, there was blatant holding, not ticky tacky "could be called or not"  Both of his runs a defender has his jersey grabbed and held, and Dak runs specifically by the defender being held so it isn't like it is happening on opposite side of the field where the refs might be out of position to call it.

Exactly

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Looking on the bright side, were still tied for the lead for the 1st overall pick in the draft. 

14 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Well according to the rules you can make contact with the wr in the first 5 yards. The line of scrimmage was the 5 the contact was not in the end zone.

that was not a penalty

You can make contact, you can't grab them with 2 hands and pull them down, it was definitely a penalty.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Imagine being a playmaker on this team (one of the few) and constantly having your good plays reversed. It's heartbreaking. Has to deflate you when your dumbass teammates commit such dumb, needless penalties to nullify a big stop or important play. 

Or when the coach benches you for a younger, injury prone player, whose proven nothing in his career.

Archived