Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Oilers and Penguins gone, if one of those teams gets 1st overall. Oh man, Edmonton with another 1OA would be pretty devastating. Or even worse Pittsburgh 

26 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Wow...

Both 12 seeds advance. I'm starting to feel bad for mcdavid. Gotta be the Trout of the NHL

I feel bad for him also, superstar of the league and he’s won one playoff series in his career so far. He is really fun to watch. This playoff format is really weird, part of me feels like it’s not even fair that the Hawks or Canadians even had a chance to play in these playoffs, pretty sure they were last in their division. The regular season has to mean something. 

McDavid is 23. Ovechkin was 32 when he won the Cup finally. No reason to feel bad for the guy. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, hurricanes or islanders. 

Former coach, or revenge on Carolina for knocking us out last year. 

im ok with either. 

I'd rather see the Islanders. I want no part of the Canes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I'm a Hawks fan and am buzzing right now, but I want to congratulate all of my Caps friends on the swift and efficient removal of the Pittsburgh Penguins. This is something we can all celebrate. 

Thanks.  We put in a lot of training to get through that series.

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Embarrassing defense. Twice on 4 on 4 a guy is alone in front of Holtby for a point blank attempt. 

They've had a lot of those simple missed assignments in every round robin game. Todd needs to figure that out first before round 1

Edit: also, getting our best defenseman back will help too

Edited by mammajamma

https://twitter.com/SamanthaJPell/status/1292538633052991489

Not sure why embedding tweets isnt working for ES right now. Site has seemed super slow lately

14 minutes ago, purbeast said:

When is game 1?  I can't seem to find anything googling and the NHL app doesn't say either.

Guessing theyre waiting till after all games are done to announce the playoff schedule

Edited by mammajamma
  • Thanks 1

1) Thank goddess we won today...I would've had to edit yet another rant. 

2) Yes, I meant to type it that way. 

3) This Jackets/Leafs game 5 is exciting already. 🏒🤩 

I really like everything about the televised games, just enough piped in noise to make it seem real, the music so far has been timely...the only thing missing (to me) is the loud "AWWW" when a good shot is missed...but it almost sounds like they're trying to replicate that too. 👍

Soooooo glad hockey's back. It's helping me out more than I can say. 

Now bring me another Cup. 🏆 🙂

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Andddd of course the NHL has us playing Wednesday at 3, when I DONT GET OFF WORK UNTIL 5!!! Fuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!! 

It's okay, I recorded the 1st period the other day & got home within a minute before the end, zoomed through before the 2nd started. 

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

13 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's okay, I recorded the 1st period the other day & got home within a minute before the end, zoomed through before the 2nd started. 

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I dont get home until around 6, so the 3:00 game would be over by then. Guess I’ll record and watch the whole thing when i get home. 

hopefully we get some night games sometime this round 

looks like we do. Friday at 8, and next Tuesday (game 4) at 8. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1