Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, c slag said:

Time to call and get the cable television hooked back up , now that there's something to watch again 

I'm letting Dish go. My local ABC affiliate is gone, along with NFLN. I only had the sports pack for the Caps & RedZone, **** em all. 

Buh bye. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm letting Dish go. My local ABC affiliate is gone, along with NFLN. I only had the sports pack for the Caps & RedZone, **** em all. 

Buh bye. 

If the Capitals make it into the later rounds, most of those games should be on NBC or NBC sports anyway 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I couldn’t catch it.  

Quick recap of what matters?

Starters, including Ovi (2 goals, 1 assist) looked great. Looked more cohesive than I expected. Then in the 3rd they started playing more of the lower lines and benched Holtby, so it was a little more sloppy. But I liked what I saw in the beginning

20 minutes ago, c slag said:

If the Capitals make it into the later rounds, most of those games should be on NBC or NBC sports anyway 

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of their earlier rounds/round robin games are on NBC/NBCSN as well

33 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For the round robin games, what will the difference be between winning only 1 of the 3, 2 of the 3, or all 3? We’ll still be in the first round no matter what, so does it actually matter much, or does it only matter in terms of who we want to face in the next round? 

Just seeding. So if they win more of those games, they get to play a worse team in the 1st round

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, c slag said:

Sling has MSNBC and RedZone, two of my top priorities. I can work from there. 😆 I don't plan on changing anything until I can get a week-long break...and without an NFL season (I don't see it happening safely), I've got time after we win the Cup. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm not familiar with the goalie today, pardon that, please....he gave up one while I was watching..but definitely had the metals during that 5 on 3 PP. 

Vitek Vanecek.  He's been in the system for awhile.  He was likely going to be our back-up plan for Holtby moving on until we drafted Samsonov.  Looked like a pretty good prospect across the pond, but he had some struggles over here for a bit.  Looked really good in Hershey recently, though.  I expect he'll likely be our #2 next season assuming Holtby gets a nice big contract somewhere else and Samsonov becomes our #1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I couldn’t catch it.  

Quick recap of what matters?

They looked good. Still struggle winning faceoffs and entering the zone on the PP.. Couple bad penalties. Basically looked like they did before the shutdown, but with a little better defensive effort. 

• Like 1

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/lightning/2020/08/02/steven-stamkos-not-expected-to-play-in-lightnings-first-game/

The Lightning probably will start round-robin play without Steven Stamkos. They take on the Capitals on Monday in Toronto in the first of three games for playoff seeding, and Stamkos did not practice the past two days.

“We never really, in any of our plans, had him playing in this first game, so I’m not sure any of that has really changed,” Jon Cooper said Sunday.

Stamkos is recovering from a leg injury suffered during voluntary workouts before training camp began last month.