Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

45 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I miss Trotz. We wasted a chance to win multiple Cups.

I wanted to be a smart ass with this comment but it still annoys me they let Trotz go. It's a massive failure if the Caps don't get to at least the conference finals and I don't expect it with this defense. It's been the problem all season. 

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I wanted to be a smart ass with this comment but it still annoys me they let Trotz go. It's a massive failure if the Caps don't get to at least the conference finals and I don't expect it with this defense. It's been the problem all season. 

I know no one counts a girl's opinion on sports valuable, but I worried about it too. Consistency is key. 

Edited by skinsmarydu

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know no one counts a girl's opinion on sports valuable, but I worried about it too. Consistency is key. 

Do you read/hear the amount of astonishingly stupid takes by men on everything, including sports? Only neanderthals dismiss the opinions of a woman. 

Edited by Hersh

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’re just saving it for the REAL playoffs guys.

There is something to the fact that none of these teams in the round robin are really playing for anything. However, that 2nd goal but the Flyers with the horrendous turnover was beer league hockey like. I mean, that can't happen. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m not 100% sure, but i think the local announcers are only on NBCSW, which means you have to live in the DMV to hear them. 

Makes sense. I thought the NBCSN broadcast was nationwide for everyone, but forgot there's a separate local channel. Guess it doesn't make sense for me to criticize the announcers on here anymore then ha. I do miss Beninati and Locker

Saw a tweet that says we’ll either play penguins, hurricanes, or islanders in the first round. Any truth to this?

id be ok with facing the penguins, cause it might get some of the intensity back for our players. Islanders would be nice to face too cause we could beat our former head coach. And hurricanes, well, we played the best against them out of the 3 games we’ve played in Canada so far, so.... 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw a tweet that says we’ll either play penguins, hurricanes, or islanders in the first round. Any truth to this?

id be ok with facing the penguins, cause it might get some of the intensity back for our players. Islanders would be nice to face too cause we could beat our former head coach. And hurricanes, well, we played the best against them out of the 3 games we’ve played in Canada so far, so.... 

saw the same one. although im not sure the penguins will be able to beat Montreal twice in a row, so i'm writing in Montreal right now. And betting CBJ wins their series. So that would leave us with NYI if we win on Sunday, or Carolina if we lose on Sunday

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m not 100% sure, but i think the local announcers are only on NBCSW, which means you have to live in the DMV to hear them. 

Yeah, I have Dish's sports package, half for this channel & coverage of Caps games, which are almost always "unavailable in your area". NFLN is gone too ("we hope to be back by the start of the season"...as if...), as well as my local ABC affiliate. 

Found a digital receiver thingy in a closet yesterday, so that clears up the local issue. I'm gonna blow some serious dough on a computer this weekend so I can stream (there's a damn Roku setup in here somewhere, I just haven't found it yet). 

If anyone needs keyboards, monitors, mice, or anything else...I've got em. 

(Easily 30 keyboards, no joke. They're everywhere.)