Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Back over at the Panthers board.

We played well in the first and second (despite the score) and fully collapsed in the third. We need to tighten up the penalties, work on special teams and just be smarter overall. I called panthers in 6 from the start and I'm sticking to my guns

Hot take : I feel monumentally ****ing sad right now. It’s like thirty years of horrible nightmare games all rushing into my mind and I feel like puking

It’s not a skill level more so than a mental block our players seem to have. They look to be doubting themselves all game. The weight of this series and the weight of the downright awful history of this franchise is weighing on them

As a lifelong cats fan, you bandwagon whiny babies need to gtfo and go watch the heat or something. There’s plenty of hockey left.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its funny because we all said the same things in 2010, 2016, 2017 etc. etc. 

You're choking dogs. Until you're not. 

Tampa choked 3 years ago when they earned a 128-point regular season Presidents trophy. And then won the next 2 cups.

Choking is a right of passage. Gotta pay your dues before you hoist that cup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Die Hard said:

Tampa choked 3 years ago when they earned a 128-point regular season Presidents trophy. And then won the next 2 cups.

Choking is a right of passage. Gotta pay your dues before you hoist that cup.

Meh, they also cheated the cap and Covid created some weird seasons. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, they also cheated the cap and Covid created some weird seasons. 

They went from a soft finesse team that 128-point season to a very physical and a bit dirty the next season. They toughened up, 

Im not going to say they didn’t cheat last year…. as Vegas tried this year.

But look at all the Stanley Cup champs from the past 30 years. Teams finally break through… suffer disappointment after a strong campaign, overcome their playoff rivals and win the cup. Some teams sooner than later.

The Penguins the next year (Crosby), Red Wings, Avalanche, Chicago, Caps, Bolts, Stars, Blues, Boston.

The Avs/Islanders/Panthers/Preds are paying their dues now…. but they’ll be due.

Edited by Die Hard

Finally just finished the game, and holy moly.. can't say enough good things about Sammy. He completely owned his net (and looked a bit more athletic than I remember him being ha). That was sorely needed since we had zero goaltender confidence after the first 2 games. If he can keep that up, sky is the limit for this group