Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/3735555001

I'm so thankful the Caps didn't draft this POS. Can't imagine what the Coyotes were thinking here. 

Unfortunately, there are way too many children who make fun of people with disabilities.  Hopefully, this guy is the one who is made an example of who sheds light unto this issue.  I have a daughter with cerebral palsy and it breaks my heart to know that children will tease her due to her disabilities. That being said, I couldn’t be luckier to have a child this beautiful and awesome!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 10/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Hersh said:

Can't imagine what the Coyotes were thinking here. 

The Coyotes are becoming the modern day Hartford Whalers - can't do anything right on or off the ice. If they don't turn things around, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they end up relocating in 5 years.

6 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

The Coyotes are becoming the modern day Hartford Whalers - can't do anything right on or off the ice. If they don't turn things around, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they end up relocating in 5 years.

The anger I feel knowing that Nashville, the Carolinas, and ****ing FLORIDA and ARIZONA can support hockey teams, but Atlanta cannot.  I love our ECHL team, tho...good cheaper fun. 

But still.  :angry:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The anger I feel knowing that Nashville, the Carolinas, and ****ing FLORIDA and ARIZONA can support hockey teams, but Atlanta cannot.  I love our ECHL team, tho...good cheaper fun. 

Atlanta is a great sports town!  Did the Atlanta Thrashers ever catch on there before relocating to Winnipeg?  Also, I never realized that the Calgary Flames were originally from Atlanta?

Yep, Flames were before I moved here.  Then we had the Knights, 3rd string goalie was a girl (Manon Rhaeume), I was here for that.  I still keep my Thrashers blanket across the back seat of my car, I went to tons of games.  I've seen Mike Modano, Peter Forsberg/Sakic, Jaromir Jagr (with Caps here), Martin St. Louis ...if/when I see Ovi, my life will be complete. :thewave: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sorry about your Thrashers. Anyone complaining of how generous the expansion draft was for Vegas needs to look at Atlanta. As was the norm for expansion clubs 20+ years ago, they had to pick off the scrap heap to build a team which everyone knew would royally suck for their first 5 years. All while trying to build a fan base in a nontraditional hockey market. Factor in some major whiffs with several of their top draft picks and the sad case of their top player getting in a car accident which killed a teammate and then forcing a trade, and it was clear that team was doomed from the start. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...