Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Of the remaining Eastern teams, the order in which I DON'T want to see them winning a Cup:

1. Philadelphia Flyers: just no way. Kids on here don't realize it but they were our rivals during the 1980s. Still can't stand them.

2. Tampa Bay Lightning: that an expansion team in a state that doesn't care about hockey won a Cup before us was be bad enough, to have them win two would be           insufferable.

3. NY Islanders: painful, but short term painful. Plus it would show Leonsis what a blockhead he is by letting Trotz go.

4. Bruins: easily my favorite option. No particular beef with the Bruins.  

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Letting Trotz go is beginning to seem the like the worst Caps move since the Forsberg for Erat trade. 

At least the organization realized it with the two consecutive first round exits and didn't give him a pass on the shortened season, which is exactly what I thought they were going to do 

2 hours ago, c slag said:

At least the organization realized it with the two consecutive first round exits and didn't give him a pass on the shortened season, which is exactly what I thought they were going to do 

Had we won game 5 and made a series out of it, i think the organization would’ve possibly given him one more try. But a 4-1 series loss and looking as flat as they did in a must win game 5, i think that was definitely the writing on the wall 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Ya they missed it and it cost them the game

It's one of the first things I learned playing goalie. You cannot cover the puck and stop play all the way behind the net. That was pretty bad. I guess he was allowed to catch it but he was supposed to play it and that makes it a judgement call?

Edited by Hersh