Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

14 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Samsonov seems a little slow to the puck, especially adjusting to the puck behind the net. Should be multiple wrap-around goals against us, but he's gotten lucky a couple times. Probably just early season issues and needs to warm up, but something to keep an eye on

100% other teams will be testing wraparounds. He did look slow to react to pucks behind the net. They mentioned it but he should be playing closer to the ice rather than moving across up on his skates. Having said that, 3 of the goals were on bad defense in front of him. Also, teams will test the PK getting the puck low and looking across the front of the net. Gotta clean up D assignments. Thought Chara played well. 

I did forget that they didn't play a preseason game did they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

Im just interested how the "D will join the rush" with "D first mentality" are going to coexist. lol  Hope Sammy is up for the challenge! 

i had that same thought. It seemed like they started to tighten up on D after that early third period goal. I was gonna comment on what good defense they were playing right before the Wilson falls down and they get the 4th goal. 

• Like 1

It looked to me that the Caps could dominate when they wanted to, but did not put together a full game.  Got up 4-1 then immediately let the Sabres get to within 1.  That Vrana goal ended up really bailing them out.  Overall they looked better than I expected given a new coach, a handful of new faces and no preseason games, but also the Sabres aren't very good aside from a few guys.  Hopefully we learn more tonight. 

11 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Nazis!!! it's 2021, you should have two TV's. Start a GoFundMe

I do but it’s family night. I’m gonna watch the 3rd period so apologies in advance if the Caps lose since it will be my fault for watch. 

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I do but it’s family night. I’m gonna watch the 3rd period so apologies in advance if the Caps lose since it will be my fault for watch. 

turned it on at 19:52 in the 3rd. 22 seconds later...my bad