Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Orlov had Guentzal, Wilson had the point. What the hell was Backstrom doing floating that far from the net?

Yeah, horrible rebound control, but Crosby should have been bodied and fighting for the rebound, not casually strolling through the crease. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Orlov had Guentzal, Wilson had the point. What the hell was Backstrom doing floating that far from the net?

Yeah, horrible rebound control, but Crosby should have been bodied and fighting for the rebound, not casually strolling through the crease. 

I’m not 100 percent of the rotation there but neither Wilson nor Backstrom did any good there. Making a lack of communication or a different scheme?

I’m pretty sure I’m -4 watching the Caps this season.

Edited by Hersh

7 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

4 games in 6 nights, all on the road, to start the season for the oldest team in the league with no preseason, and a new system. And they took 6 of 8 points. That’s an 84 point season in this season (123 in a normal season). 

I'm more annoyed with the dumb play than losing a game. That 5-3 play was awful

• Like 3

What on earth was Kuznetsov doing dumping it in on a 5-3? Makes zero sense to me, Oshies hit was also legal but unnecessary which led to another goal. We gift wrapped them 2 goals and another win after dominating the first period. It’s always annoying to lose to the Penguins but getting a point in each game helps. Usually we start off hot and almost peak too early but it’s an older team with little time to gel in the offseason. We will be fine. Our downfall may very well be goaltending 

19 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

They are on the bench without masks, in group cellies without masks, and in the locker room without masks. I don’t get why the players can’t be around each other without masks off hours. In the team hotel. 

Cause it just takes one that doesn't know they have it to spread it to a bunch of them. See the Canes now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

On the  bench and locker room they are only exposed to each other.  In the hotel s they are exposed to everyone else

Who is everyone else? The players are locked down, and are not permitted to interact with ANYONE outside of the team. 

There will be one hotel designated in each NHL city where road teams will stay. Players will each get their own room (no more road roommates), and housekeepers are not allowed to enter rooms during the stay. In addition, all members of the team's traveling party are banned from dining at restaurants, going into shops or using transportation that is not directly provided by the team; all meals will be served at the team hotel.