Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Caps don’t have potential spread. The Caps are “high risk close contacts” and placed on the COVID reserve. There is no positive test. In order to have potential spread there has to be a positive case. 

EDIT: The Stars didn’t have spread during a game. They haven’t played yet. 

We can revisit the first part in a few days if you like but you are wrong that there are no positive test.

Stars spread was doing normal training camp events, technically correct, not during a game, but also not breaking protocol. 

15 hours ago, Springfield said:

It’s silly.

NHL: Play a full contact sport in the most risky of all arenas with little to no face protection.

Also NHL: Don’t fraternize with your teammates without a mask.

Not silly at all as it was more than just hanging out with your peeps in their hotel rooms. Laviolette said the players were in contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

100k fine. How difficult is it to follow protocol? That's irritating. 

"I regret my choice to spend time together with my teammates in our hotel room and away from the locker room areas," Ovechkin said in a statement. "I will learn from this experience."

On 1/20/2021 at 10:22 PM, daveakl said:

We can revisit the first part in a few days if you like but you are wrong that there are no positive test.

Stars spread was doing normal training camp events, technically correct, not during a game, but also not breaking protocol. 

Ok, Sammy tested positive after the Tuesday night Pens game. 

Now my question is, the penalty is from BEFORE the game because the Caps came home after the game. So the penalty is meant as an example for the league. Sammy sat on the bench the entire game. So why are the Russians forced to quarantine? It still doesn’t make any sense. The league’s statement is still that the quarantine/penalty is for being social without masks. 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Ok, Sammy tested positive after the Tuesday night Pens game. 

Now my question is, the penalty is from BEFORE the game because the Caps came home after the game. So the penalty is meant as an example for the league. Sammy sat on the bench the entire game. So why are the Russians forced to quarantine? It still doesn’t make any sense. The league’s statement is still that the quarantine/penalty is for being social without masks. 

You're likely to be shedding the virus in the days before a positive test.