Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Athletes don’t get to cut in line for the vaccine.

Was discussing this a few days ago.  I don't think that pro or college athletes should cut in line ahead of vulnerable groups (healthcare workers, the elderly, etc.), but they should be at the front of the line of the "everybody else" group, just to keep up the national morale.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Was discussing this a few days ago.  I don't think that pro or college athletes should cut in line ahead of vulnerable groups (healthcare workers, the elderly, etc.), but they should be at the front of the line of the "everybody else" group, just to keep up the national morale.  

I get the thought but teachers vaccinated is more important to boosting morale in my opinion. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

aren't teachers already up for vaccination?

Yes but after a couple groups and even then it’s by age. Though I image it varies by state or county. My point is about what will impact morale. Watching regular season hockey, while fun, is way after getting kids back to school IMO. 

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea i would include teachers and other essential workers. Im just saying put athletes ahead of people with zero reason to be given any preference. So hopefully theyd be up by May. 

I also think it would help with the vaccine-skeptical. 

I’ve accepted the fact that I’m basically in the final 10 percent to get a vaccine so I don’t have a problem with that. 

• Like 1

So, what’s the difference between the ability to be tested daily and vaccinating athletes? Aren’t they important to returning to normalcy and aren’t they leaders and role models?

There’s something sadistic to me about saying “athletes don’t get to cut in line”. As if there’s no benefit at all to the public at large to getting athletes vaccinated. It’s not like there’s a huge number of them to really, really tip the scales. It’s a drop in the bucket.

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

So, what’s the difference between the ability to be tested daily and vaccinating athletes? Aren’t they important to returning to normalcy and aren’t they leaders and role models?

There’s something sadistic to me about saying “athletes don’t get to cut in line”. As if there’s no benefit at all to the public at large to getting athletes vaccinated. It’s not like there’s a huge number of them to really, really tip the scales. It’s a drop in the bucket.

There is a pretty good argument to putting entertainment type people at the front of the line. If you want people to stay home and away from each other, give them something to do / watch. BUT you also need to give them (the people at home) the necessary $ so that they can afford to stay home.

Edited by daveakl
  • Like 1