Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Case Keenum Named Week 1 Starter

desertbeagle85

37 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm glad for Case. Always felt he was wronged by the Vikings. Feel he's going to get wronged by the Redskins, too, but at least here he knows he's on a one year audition with the rookie of the future in hand.

No reason to keep Colt and Case.  I think Case could start for a few teams in need but don't know if he'd want to be a Colt like career backup. 

I think we all know this season is about the future... we do not have a team to make a playoff run...

if Jets are looking for a QB, we should trade Case to the Jets and turn the helm over to Haskins.

And trade TW while we still can!

lets start planning for the future next few years

Case is dominating, at least statistically. He obviously has rapport with TMC. But he has had decent pass blocking (disaster coming Monday night now) and with good pass pro - "no DB can cover forever" may be in play.

We have heard Haskins cannot play because our pass pro will be horrible. Will need the run game, etc. I am not seeing that. Case a journeyman has posted close to monster stats (c'mon, for us it is) without having to do it all himself.

Trade his ass for a kings ransom when Colt is ready for his handful of games, and then close out the season with you know who.

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Case is dominating, at least statistically. He obviously has rapport with TMC. But he has had decent pass blocking (disaster coming Monday night now) and with good pass pro - "no DB can cover forever" may be in play.

We have heard Haskins cannot play because our pass pro will be horrible. Will need the run game, etc. I am not seeing that. Case a journeyman has posted close to monster stats (c'mon, for us it is) without having to do it all himself.

Trade his ass for a kings ransom when Colt is ready for his handful of games, and then close out the season with you know who.

We needed to see what the line looked like with a geriatric & all time bust on the blind side, but they’ve held up well. Callahan Oline parts does it again.

11 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We needed to see what the line looked like with a geriatric & all time bust on the blind side, but they’ve held up well. Callahan Oline parts does it again.

Yep, and I will add Case has done well with his pocket clock.  Like, HIS clock is going to get cleaned, clock. Get rid of it.  He has had some off throws but so far those have turned out 100x better than sacks/fumbles, since no INTs were logged.  He is avoiding sacks and giving his WRs chances to make contested catches at the same time.

I am still bummed he missed TMC for that 2nd big long TD... Eagles fans would have torched their own stadium. 

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Yep, and I will add Case has done well with this pocket clock.  Like, HIS clock is going to get cleaned, clock. Get rid of it.  He has had some off throws but so far those have turned out 100x better than sacks/fumbles, since no INTs were logged.  He is avoiding sacks and giving his WRs chances to make contested catches at the same time.

I am still bummed he missed TMC for that 2nd big long TD... Eagles fans would have torched their own stadium. 

6th in the nfl in total QBR on a team without a #1 wr, TE under the age of 50, or Trent. Impressive - particularly for a guy on a new roster who has faced two of the more gifted defenses in the league. 

17 minutes ago, volsmet said:

6th in the nfl in total QBR on a team without a #1 wr, TE under the age of 50, or Trent. Impressive - particularly for a guy on a new roster who has faced two of the more gifted defenses in the league. 

I think its high time Jay unleash the D and try to win games on the shoulders of one Case Keenum. Stop ****ing around and go 5 wide more than never.  I got pushback at suggesting going 5 wide - that we need a back in to block. No, we don't. Case will get rid of the ball on schedule. We need to get our best receivers onto the field as much as possible and utilize the strength of the team NO ONE saw coming.

The passing game.  That's why we watch the games.  So much crazy random **** happens, it's completely unpredictable.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I think its high time Jay unleash the D and try to win games on the shoulders of one Case Keenum. Stop ****ing around and go 5 wide more than never.  I got pushback at suggesting going 5 wide - that we need a back in to block. No, we don't. We need to get our best receivers onto the field as much as possible and utilize the strength of the team NO ONE saw coming.

The passing game.  That's why we watch the games.  So much crazy random **** happens, it's completely unpredictable.

It’s very hard to get pressure if the ball gets out quickly — there just aren’t many things you can do, it’s nearly impossible to get pressure around any OT if the QB is on point pre-snap. 

21 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I'm just an arm chair QB type guy......but based upon what I'm seeing from Case, he could be the franchise QB we have been looking for. Yes, I know it's only been two games, but he is doing incredibly well for these curcumstances.

Case is a somewhat younger Ryan Fitzpatrick.  That's all.

6 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

Case is a somewhat younger Ryan Fitzpatrick.  That's all.

Nah....I don't see that at all.  No interceptions would be the first thing that jumps out at me. Plus the fact that he has 0 run game and still has 5 TD's in two games and a 111 rating. Granted two of those TD's are garbage time. He would be lights out if we could actually fool people with PA pass.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Nah....I don't see that at all.  No interceptions would be the first thing that jumps out at me. Plus the fact that he has 0 run game and still has 5 TD's in two games and a 111 rating. Granted two of those TD's are garbage time. He would be lights out if we could actually fool people with PA pass.

Fitz only has one TD pass & he gets to play 60 minutes of garbage time a week.

Case has played well, but lets also not overinflate his stats.  In reality, over 2 games he has 450 yards passing and 3 TDs 0 INTs.  Its been more game manager stuff.  25% of his yards and 40% of his TDs have just come on the two absolute garbage time TD drives to end each game.  If hes getting that every week, that means we are getting beat badly every week.

Agreed.....however the guy who shall not be named was always good for the same stats plus a pick and a fumble. I don't consider him a game manager just yet. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Case has played well, but lets also not overinflate his stats.  In reality, over 2 games he has 450 yards passing and 3 TDs 0 INTs.  Its been more game manager stuff.  25% of his yards and 40% of his TDs have just come on the two absolute garbage time TD drives to end each game.  If hes getting that every week, that means we are getting beat badly every week.

17 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Yes, Case was average to above in game 1 and below average in game 2. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

It’s very hard to get pressure if the ball gets out quickly — there just aren’t many things you can do, it’s nearly impossible to get pressure around any OT if the QB is on point pre-snap. 

I'd like to see more quick slants this week against the Bears to hopefully nullify any pass rush.  Quick slants to McLaurin, PRichy.  

Keenum verus Jones

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I try to stay open minded about QBs in spite of my preconceptions leading into the season, and I've been really pleasantly surprised by Keenum.  I got zero complaints about him.  He's far from perfect but he's been plenty good enough.

Archived