Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Case Keenum Named Week 1 Starter

desertbeagle85

2 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Not only that, but wait until Jones looks better than Haskins. Meltdown.

I fear that Jones may actually pick us apart because his bread and butter is dinking and dunking into the flats or on slants/shallow crossers (which you could see a bunch of in his preseason play), and our defense's bread and butter is giving 10-15 yard cushions in coverage and letting TEs run free in the short middle of the field, all while having no pass rush. 

9 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Agreed.....however the guy who shall not be named was always good for the same stats plus a pick and a fumble. I don't consider him a game manager just yet. Time will tell.

Indeed he was, but he also put out the occasional 300 yards plus a big win game.  Thats not to say Case wont do that this season, but he certainly hasnt in 2 games.

The sad part is the guy who shall not be named is so far the best QB we have had in the past 20 years, massive flaws and all.  I hope I wont be able to say that next year.

22 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Indeed he was, but he also put out the occasional 300 yards plus a big win game.  Thats not to say Case wont do that this season, but he certainly hasnt in 2 games.

The sad part is the guy who shall not be named is so far the best QB we have had in the past 20 years, massive flaws and all.  I hope I wont be able to say that next year.

Not even going to go look at stats.....just going to lay down by my bowl. The fact that you think the guy who shall not be named is better than anyone for the last twenty years is my cue to check out. He was garbage time x 4.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My #1 thing was if the Giants draft Daniel Jones, they can go to their ice cream place of their choice.      The funny thing is I thought if it went down it would with their 2nd #1 not their first #1.

When the Giants drafted Jones, I along with my kids screamed with delighted.  But it pissed off my wife who is a Giants fan.  :mellow:

I also discovered the Giant fan reaction videos , found one which was clean from expletives, and would play it for my son who would just erupt in laughter.  My wife though busted me on that front, too.

So this Daniel Jones-Redskins showdown will be a big thing in my household.  I need the dude to lay an egg.  😀  

I actually kind of find myself rooting for the guy, primarily due to Giant fans' reactions to his selection.  On a human level, it would really suck to give so much time and effort to get to the point where you are a top 10 pick in the NFL draft... then have the fans and media saying it was laughable you were picked. Within minutes, several Giants fans gave him the nickname of "pick six", because he was taken 6th overall.  Personally, I hope he is able to have a bit of a redemption story, even if he is a Giant.

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Not even going to go look at stats.....just going to lay down by my bowl. The fact that you think the guy who shall not be named is better than anyone for the last twenty years is my cue to check out. He was garbage time x 4.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

17 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

You’re a ****ing fool if you believe s this trash ass MF was better or more prepared than Haskins. 

Hes so ****ing good that he’s lost his job twice in a row. 

He ****ing sucks and has always ****ing sucked 

I think the worry is and was the line cant protect Dwayne...-but i dont see how one offseason will fix it might as well see what the young kids got

On 9/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

This is what I was saying the other day, i am jumping a game ahead but bring on the heat on Jones.  Unlike Eli, Jones demeanor wise is unflappable under pressure and stands tall in the pocket -- but from the games I watched he stinks when you bring on the heat.  

Either our DC is soft or he doesn't trust the secondary to blitz. 

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I think the worry is and was the line cant protect Dwayne...-but i dont see how one offseason will fix it might as well see what the young kids got

Now that the Bears have done what they were always going to do to our line on mnf, it should be DH time.

26 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

You’re a ****ing fool if you believe s this trash ass MF was better or more prepared than Haskins. 

Hes so ****ing good that he’s lost his job twice in a row. 

He ****ing sucks and has always ****ing sucked 

I don't think you understand how far down the rabbit hole this team can go, especially if you think that performance couldn't be beaten

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Now that the Bears have done what they were always going to do to our line on mnf, it should be DH time.

The Patriots still have a chainsaw in their hands. I'm not feeling so good about sending Haskins in with the pocket knife.

59 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Wrong

DH won't fix this team and you risk throwing him in there with a poor team and offensive line. I don't see how this will help Haskins get better. Running for your life won't help.

Time to stand up for my favorite player. Skip Bayless says the same thing, Sprinkle drops a perfect pass for a 30 yard gain, next play the SMU kid doesn't get to the ball and it's a pick six. You gott get to that ball man! It's going there no matter what, dive for it and get hands on it. Then Case slowly gets the team back into the game, 2nd and 1 3rd and 1 and AP can't get a yard. Then Keenum messes up and let's the ball get away. Tom Brady would have lost with this horrible line play. Case will keep battling though. He doesn't care about his stats, he will sling it if there is hope for a completion when his team is down. That's why he plays.

15 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Wrong

DH won't fix this team and you risk throwing him in there with a poor team and offensive line. I don't see how this will help Haskins get better. Running for your life won't help.

In all seriousness,  so much of his second half success comes from the defense allowing passes that kill the clock to get the game over with. It's not like he regularly going over the top on people for quick scores after halftime, teams are letting us kill the clock for them

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

In all seriousness,  so much of his second half success comes from the defense allowing passes that kill the clock to get the game over with. It's not like he regularly going over the top on people for quick scores after halftime, teams are letting us kill the clock for them

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Nowhere in my post do I say Case has been the man. I'm saying Haskins won't make this team much better with all of the other problems it has. I also don't want to rush Haskins into a bad situation and that's what the team would be doing. 

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Nowhere in my post do I say Case has been the man. I'm saying Haskins won't make this team much better with all of the other problems it has. I also don't want to rush Haskins into a bad situation and that's what the team would be doing. 

I honestly think I quoted the wrong person.

Having said that, in lite of it coming out theres been no attempt to prepare Haskins for taking the job from Case or even prepared to play in case he gets hurt, THAT is unacceptable.

They arent protecting him they ate ignoring him, theres a difference.  And to my point, I dont believe the offense will look that much worse if teams are letting us score in the second half to get the game over with.  That might help Haskins more then is being discussed.

Archived