Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Made some easy mistakes that cost me week 1. 

Started kyle Murray in hope for a breakout running game (because I was behind on Thursday night) instead of Wentz and played the redskins defense who scored negative. 

My top draft picks busted in week one. 

On the plus side while on my bench, my laughed at late round pick of scary terry might be a big value pick and I dropped Jordan Reed for tj hockenson on Sunday morning. 

Looking for a little more production from golladay and lockett. Got both of them under drafted and need them to produce. 

No injuries though so I'm happy with that. 

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

i bought hard into the Fantasy Pros podcast narrative this off-season that Winston's season-long stats would finish Top 5. Because he will put up nearly 5,000 yards and 30 TDs and there's nobody there to challenge him for that role. He will throw 30 interceptions in the process, but this is fantasy and not reality. Terrible defense + pass-heavy offense = good things, usually.

Odd thing is there are a lot of teams in my league that went 2 QB ... so the usual suspects aren't really around on the WW. Allen is a turd. But he has some fantasy upside in Week 2 (and at this point I'm just streaming). Cousins, Rivers and Stafford are all on the WW too.

But this is reminding me strongly of the year that I opted to stream QBs. Drafted Mariota and RIvers 2 years ago, and both had awful first weeks. So i picked up Big Ben. Awful week2. This went on and on until 10 games into the season I had gotten 1 QB to give me more than 12 fantasy points. It was an absolute disaster. My fear is if I don't play the WW right, I could have similar issues. We'll see though. I'm thinking I can land RIvers fairly easily. Nobody else remotely needs a QB at this point, and I'll likely hang on to Winston, because for every dud, he has a big game. Now after TNF, I may drop him if this continues.

I've never been a Matt Stafford fan but he might be a great value pick this year after having a down 2018.

The wide receiver group (golladay, amendola, jones) is sneaky good and tj hockenson is an elite tight end outlet along with the reliable jesse james.

The dude won't get you rushing yards but I believe he is in line for his best fantasy season. Value to be had if you don't have to pay much for him. 

I think that was only Josh Allen's 2nd game in the last 7 (dating back to last year when he came back from originally being benched) where he didn't score 20+ points. I'd take him as a late flyer/streamer nearly every week. I'd also be curious if Keenum can continue to chuck the ball. The Skins do have young weapons at WR and a stud but oft injured target at TE. Plus old man strength at TE too. 😁

What is the trade value for a tight end in a 12 man 1 tight end league? 

It seems tight ends are only useful if you have a dependable, elite one.. but it is difficult to gage their trade value. I know it is super frustrating constantly streaming them and having hit or miss performances every week. 

I've got kittle and hockenson and I'm okay rolling with either ROS. 

Grabbed Hock on Thursday when Reed was declared out. May cut bait on Reed and roll with hock. But I’m sure the rookie will have some ups and downs but he will at least be fun to watch in the process. 

If theres one thing I tend to excel at its in grabbing the breakout TE. Got Kelce his breakout year. Got Reed his breakout year. Got Kittle his breakout year. Now I’ve got Hock. I had a feeling about him this year even though he’s a rookie. Hopefully it keeps up.

And when I say I got them I mean I drafted them as my flyer when nobody was even considering them as anywhere near elite. 

I also think Fant has a shot at surprising. Was in on Andrews too but think most were on that train. 

5 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

What is the trade value for a tight end in a 12 man 1 tight end league? 

It seems tight ends are only useful if you have a dependable, elite one.. but it is difficult to gage their trade value. I know it is super frustrating constantly streaming them and having hit or miss performances every week. 

I've got kittle and hockenson and I'm okay rolling with either ROS. 

Had Ertz and Kittle in a 12 man league last year. Spent like 2+ months trying to trade either one of them and could never put together a deal that I thought was fair. Ended up with both of them all season. 

And yes, they were the ultimate roll of the dice week in and week out. One always showed up big but it was impossible to predict which one it would be. 

The whole thing drove me crazy. 

Anyway, starting Winston over Wentz this weekend is probably the single dumbest thing I've done in 20 years of playing fantasy football. Cost me two wins. **** Jameis Winston and **** me for thinking he might finally figure it out this year under Arians. 

Lmao the team I have going in an 8 team league put up 158.9 with Watkins and Henry on the bench. I could have put up a 200 spot week 1.

I don't have a decent TE and a couple injuries (Guice, Michael Williams) dampened the weekend for me a bit, so I'm gonna need to patch things together with waivers, but this team could be straight nasty by Wednesday morning. 

Won my two big leagues! Lost my little one. Kamara and Hopkins gave me scare in one league, luckily I had a 48 point lead going into the night. Won by 2 points.

I love owning McCaffrey in both leagues. Man that guy is good. I also drated Hockenson and I attribute it to watching preseason football. I remember watching the Lions play and Stafford hit Hockenson on a pass. The announcer was like, "I have a feeling that will happen a lot this season." The kid is tall, fast, and strong with great hands. What's not to like? Might end up being the surprise player of the year. I realize it has just been one game. I also started Gallup over Diggs cuz Diggs was hampered by a hammy all week. Another brilliant move 😁

Off to an 0-3 start in fantasy.  In one league, I had 5 players combine for 42 points...in a PPR. That team was predicted to score the most points this week.  Unreal.  

Gotta love fantasy -- sometimes you're on cloud 9, and other it ****ing sucks.  0-3 start in fantasy on top of our meltdown yesterday in philly....**** week 1.  :(

I'm in a family league and I helped my wife draft her team and I even picked one slot ahead of her and my team is trash and hers is awesome.  I knew I was in trouble after I had a day or two to reflect on what a god awful draft I had, but week one was even worse than I feared.  My hopes now rest on a crazy ass Antonio Brown and getting lucky on the waiver wire.

I was this close to drafting Andrew Luck too.  The draft was literally an hour before he announced his retirement.  Thank God I didn't.

45 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I was this close to drafting Andrew Luck too.  The draft was literally an hour before he announced his retirement.  Thank God I didn't.

Not that that was foreseeable, but that's the reason I always hold my draft a day or two before the first regular season game. Too many things can happen leading up to the first game. Guys get traded, released, injured. I don't understand leagues that draft 10-14 days before the first game. I see it all the time. Newbs (not criticizing your friends or anything, sorry if it sounds like that).

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

Lmao the team I have going in an 8 team league put up 158.9 with Watkins and Henry on the bench. I could have put up a 200 spot week 1.

I don't have a decent TE and a couple injuries (Guice, Michael Williams) dampened the weekend for me a bit, so I'm gonna need to patch things together with waivers, but this team could be straight nasty by Wednesday morning. 

8 Team league? -  150-160 points should be the average. Every team should be loaded.

14 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Anyway, starting Winston over Wentz this weekend is probably the single dumbest thing I've done in 20 years of playing fantasy football. Cost me two wins. **** Jameis Winston and **** me for thinking he might finally figure it out this year under Arians. 

Here's my thinking. If i think they are a bad NFL player, I don't start them. My reasoning is that despite whatever opportunity they have (and Winston has a lot of options), they'll find a way to screw it up. 

I don't think your decision was terrible though because Wentz was coming off an injury. 

I will one up you here in the stupid category though. I started the redskins defense which scored me -3 points and I lost the match up by 2. 

17 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Grabbed Hock on Thursday when Reed was declared out. May cut bait on Reed and roll with hock. But I’m sure the rookie will have some ups and downs but he will at least be fun to watch in the process. 

If theres one thing I tend to excel at its in grabbing the breakout TE. Got Kelce his breakout year. Got Reed his breakout year. Got Kittle his breakout year. Now I’ve got Hock. I had a feeling about him this year even though he’s a rookie. Hopefully it keeps up.

And when I say I got them I mean I drafted them as my flyer when nobody was even considering them as anywhere near elite. 

I also think Fant has a shot at surprising. Was in on Andrews too but think most were on that train. 

Imo, he was the best tight end prospect in a long time. Was hoping he would make it to the redskins pick. 

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

8 Team league? -  150-160 points should be the average. Every team should be loaded.

I had the highest score at 158.9. My opponent put up 116.

Even if you have theoretically stacked teams, I guess you've got to make the right plays. 

Advice needed.

Won week one but it was close (went against Hopkins).  Anyway, I have good RBs Zeke, Chubb and Fournette.  But am weak at WR.  Starters are Godwin and Boyd.

Another player has proposed trade of OBJ for Chubb.  I wouldn't do this but Im considering countering with Fournette.  Thoughts?

Also, I have Lamar Jackson (and fortunately started him last week). He is probably at an all time high right now.  Wondering if I should sell high and look for a WR or? that I can buy low.  Thoughts? 

On 9/11/2019 at 1:25 PM, Idaho fan said:

Also, I have Lamar Jackson (and fortunately started him last week). He is probably at an all time high right now.  Wondering if I should sell high and look for a WR or? that I can buy low.  Thoughts? 

Standard, PPR, etc.? I mean your 3 RBs are pretty stacked. I wouldn't really want to change it up. If you have them + Jackson I think you could just roll with the streaming WR option. Idk though.

------------------------------------

QB: Streaming (have Winston, but going Josh Allen this week)

Starting: Nick Chubb (RB), Dalvin Cook (RB), Davanta Adams (WR), Brandin Cooks (WR), Duke Johnson (FL), James White (FL)

Bench: Mike Williams, DK Metcalf, John Ross, Marquise Brown, AJ Green (IR), Ronald Jones, Justice Hill, Derrius Guice (IR)

Offering James White around to see if I can get any bites for a QB. I had this too-late realization that the 2 years I have won this league I have had stud QBs. I thought I was gonna get something out of Winston with Arians and those weapons but I am now completely scared off of him.

I know I can get Matt Ryan for James White. It's already been offered to me.

I shockingly have the Aaron Rodgers owner, who's a Pats fan, interested in White for Rodgers straight up but once he does research I would imagine he'll ask for more. I would be willing to kick in one of my back-end WRs to make it happen.

Those 2 deals are must-do right? It's a 6 points per TD league and Half PPR. So White has substantial value, but I fear that he (over DJJ) is at risk for being buried with all the weapons they now have in NE and Burkheads re-emergence.

I think I have to pull the trigger on either one, but I am waiting to see if the Rodgers owner will really do the trade, otherwise I turn to Matt Ryan. Thoughts?

I think I might have actually done pretty decent in my draft and first waiver wire run this year after winning week 1 considering I had the last pick in the draft. 

QB: Brady or Watson. 

RB: Freeman (horrible week 1), Derick Henry, Peterson, Jordan Howard. 

WR: Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, Josh Gordon, John Ross, and dropped Guice to add McLaurin

TE: Kelce

Rams kicker and KC Defense.

Also have Christian Kirk and DK Metcalf on my bench.

I'm hoping Brady and Watson both put up 30+ this weekend, Can only start one, but maybe I can trade one for a better depth at RB. 

my league is 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 flex(WR/TE/RB) So looks like i'll be going WR heavy. 

Just now, nonniey said:

Well was offered Dalvin Cook for Conner and Josh Gordon - I immediately rejected as I have Conner ranked higher.  Question am I wrong to have him ranked higher and did I make a mistake in the quick rejection?

Cook > Conner IMO. I think any questions re: Cook were dispelled last week. The Vikings are going to be a run-heavy team and Cook is versatile in the passing game as well.

Cook has #1 RB upside this year. Conner does not.

Whether this was a smart rejection or not, it would help to see who your other WRs are.

Archived