Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors. Ghislaine Maxwell guilty of sex trafficking a minor for Jeffrey Epstein and four other charges

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Trump loves to project...

I think in this case he’s projecting his base. Trump is in power thanks to the absolutely dumbest, most conspiratorial minded segment of the GOP. 

Think the guy we all went to school with who was terrible and dumb, but watched a **** ton of InfoWars and thought he was smarter than all the “sheeple”. That’s your average hardcore Trump supporter, who loves the fact that this buffoon was spreading bull**** conspiracies even before he took his office.

Like I don’t get this take: 

He got into office after engaging in birtherism and accusing a political opponents father of murdering JFK. I would have been more surprised if he actually showed restraint.

He’s a nutjob, just like a substantial portion of the country that voted for him.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

My God, people are losing their minds over this.  85% of the people that took that poll up above on Twitter think he was murdered (granted, twitter is mostly a dumpster fire...)  I think people genuinely had a courtroom fantasy where Epstein was on trial and some lawyer was, like, red faced yelling at him, and Epstein, with tears and embarrassment running down his face, slumped over and leaning against the railing sobs, "....and yes, <insert Donald Trump or Bill Clinton here based on your political leanings> was in there with three girls for hours....> 

People wanted that moment or something like it SO BAD that they're clinging to the idea that something nefarious took place, that someone had to have reached out and killed him.  There's no other way.  

Epstein left behind plenty of evidence.  Journals, notebooks, flight logs, whatever.  Ghislaine Maxwell is still alive and if she's not under arrest yet, she should be.   The girls like Giuffre aren't done speaking yet and haven't all come to the surface.  There's SO MUCH to comb through.  

People at the prison should lose their jobs for this, he never should have been taken off suicide watch to begin with.  That's an inexcusable error.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My God, people are losing their minds over this.  85% of the people that took that poll up above on Twitter think he was murdered (granted, twitter is mostly a dumpster fire...)  I think people genuinely had a courtroom fantasy where Epstein was on trial and some lawyer was, like, red faced yelling at him, and Epstein, with tears and embarrassment running down his face, slumped over and leaning against the railing sobs, "....and yes, <insert Donald Trump or Bill Clinton here based on your political leanings> was in there with three girls for hours....>   

Too unbelievable. I don't think anyone thinks Epstein would repent. More likely he'd try to take people down with him as he's locked up for the rest of his life. Just didn't know it would be so short 

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Too unbelievable. I don't think anyone thinks Epstein would repent. More likely he'd try to take people down with him as he's locked up for the rest of his life. Just didn't know it would be so short 

Probably unbelievable.  Maybe that's what I would have wanted to see.

I just read an article on the WaPo saying that the criminal case is now closed.  Georgetown law professor says that it doesn't mean that the investigating all the allegations that surround the case won't stop and turn to everyone else that was involved with sex trafficking in this case.  This is far from over.  

The craziest thing in all this is we have a president who is searching for Epstein hashtags on twitter and then retweeting random people.

Seriously, just think about that. He is our president.

Also, The Clintons should just cop to this and Vince Foster and tell Trump he's next.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hooper said:

The craziest thing in all this is we have a president who is searching for Epstein hashtags on twitter and then retweeting random people.

Most of us would get fired if we spent as much time on twitter as the President. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think the two are related to his suicide, but never good when attorneys have to hire attorneys.  Epstein was into some shady stuff.

As for the suicide, this whole thing stinks.  Taken off suicide watch, guards not doing their job, no cell mate?

If they don't want people to suspect foul play, they shouldn't have a bajillion problems with their jail that look like someone paid off a half dozen people to make it look like an accident.

Edited by DogofWar1

11 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

This whole thing stinks.

I recall one of Greggory MacDonald's "Fletch" books.  He's investigating the death of a famous criminal defense attorney, and he keeps reflecting that nobody has a problem saying "criminal lawyer".  

• Like 1