Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

9 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Honor contracts? Is there an icon for laugh my clucking -- off? Give me a freaking break. That is beyond hysterical. The NFL is the one professional sports league where you are essentially guaranteed to have a drastically shortened life expectancy, on average, and suffer brain damage, on average in this country, and in addition to that, the contracts aren't guaranteed. The teams themselves NEVER honor the contracts, other than rookie deals. That's the whole point of "guaranteed money,"

DING DING DING. He got his guaranteed money for the contract he signed. So he was paid. The contract he got was lucrative at the time.

The rest of your statement is (to use your term) ridiculous. All those factors are in the negotiation and settlement at the time. Short career span is a norm in the NFL. Don't try and tell me TW was not compensated for the last 2 years of injury plagued performance. Give me a break..

Yes, so just sit on your asset, your most valuable asset, rather than get value for it, because off it, just make a point, which is pointless because nobody wants to come here in the first place. Who is he making the point to? Trent? He ain't coming back. Young players on the roster? They aren't resigning if they can avoid it? FA's? They aint coming here unless its for their final career big paycheck. The message he's trying to send has literally zero value whatsoever. Nobody that matters is listening, they're just laughing at how pathetic we are to spit in the face of the one asset that could actually help the team, draft picks, something we've been spitting on the value of ever since doofus Snyder bought the team.

Maybe you don't see the value in waiting..but I see value in waiting to get a #1 this season. A 2 or 3 would be my asking price in the off season. Collins came here in the prime of his career...and *I* don't think a player who refuses to play, abrogates a contract, is hurt all the time and blind sides a franchise is as valuable as you seem to think. It might be that other GM's see that and say hell no to a #1. So we'll wait for the off season

NO NFL TEAMS EVER HONOR CONTRACTS, heck even when they like the player, they're always beating down the door for players to restructure for cap reasons "for the good of the team," HA. 

And the reason they need them to restructure is because the owners negotiate the salary cap to be as low as possible so that they can keep most of the money.

There are real ES humans who believe Trent could only net a 3rd. 

Gracious

49ers acquired WR Emmanuel Sanders from the Broncos in exchange for third- and fourth-round draft picks.

The Broncos are also sending a fifth-round pick the 49ers' way.

RELATED: 
Oct 22, 2019, 2:52 PM ET
  •  

44 minutes ago, volsmet said:

There are real ES humans who believe Trent could only net a 3rd. 

Gracious

49ers acquired WR Emmanuel Sanders from the Broncos in exchange for third- and fourth-round draft picks.

The Broncos are also sending a fifth-round pick the 49ers' way.

RELATED: 
Oct 22, 2019, 2:52 PM ET
  •  

9ers aren't exactly desperate for offensive help are they?  Even in the post season we're likely to get decent value for Trent

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Don't understand the "trade Brandon Scherff" sentiment.

It is not the same situation as Trent.  Trent is in the twilight of his career, perhaps a a couple of seasons of elite level play left in him that is going to be getting his last big pay day, and he wants to do it on a winning team.

Scherff is still very young, playing at a high level and O-line is a position you absolutely need good, young players at if you want to build something.  

Well I seriously doubt he resigns with the Redskins once he becomes a Free Agent - which is in March. So if you could get a 2d maybe you should take it.

4 minutes ago, carex said:

9ers aren't exactly desperate for offensive help are they?  Even in the post season we're likely to get decent value for Trent

I find it hard to believe they’d give up a 4th for 2 months of Sanders, much less add in a 3rd/5th swap. Well done, Denver. These desperate times seem the most advantageous moment to strike — once the offseason arrives every team will formulate an atrocious plan, that they’ll believe in fully. 

I may be nearing abandonment of my long held desire to move Trent. We have been taken hostage by the wet bandits. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Denver and the Falcons for their down seasons do make an occasional SB appearance.  But yet Bruce-Dan know best! 🙄  Actually am hoping major trade activity plus the Nationals hogging attention might get Dan off of his stance.

When fans, average fans see what is being done here and you don't trade players that are not going to be resigned or have expiring contracts or are aging and these players could help bring draft picks in for next season and beyond, it says all we need to know about SnyderAllen.  

Just now, nonniey said:

Well I seriously doubt he resigns with the Redskins once he becomes a Free Agent - which is in March. So if you could get a 2d maybe you should take it.

franchise and transition tag

overall, this isn't baseball and it's not going to become baseball

46 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I just don't understand the thinking on not trading TW.  Maybe the offer is stupid low, like  a 3 & 4.  Bruce cannot be passing up a high pick or two out of spite.

I’ll help you understand the thinking of not trading Williams.Dumbass Synder and Dumbass Allen that should help you understand.

1 hour ago, carex said:

franchise and transition tag

overall, this isn't baseball and it's not going to become baseball

Is he worth a franchise tag? He maybe is but was wondering if the Skins want to pay him that much and transition tags are are ineffective (Which is probably why they are rarely used).

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Is he worth a franchise tag? He maybe is but was wondering if the Skins want to play him that much and transition tags are are ineffective (Which is probably why they are rarely used).

if he's not worth a tag is he really likely to break the bank on signing elsewhere, that we can't re-sign him.  Where's the limit on what to be upset about

"Our incompetent front office is letting this player who isn't  good enough to pay for leave"

7 minutes ago, carex said:

if he's not worth a tag is he really likely to break the bank on signing elsewhere, that we can't re-sign him.  Where's the limit on what to be upset about

"Our incompetent front office is letting this player who isn't  good enough to pay for leave"

I was asking if the Redskins wanted to pay him that much,  not what other teams would pay him (someone will).  Our FO/Allen doesn't have a strong history of paying the going rate for our own players. And if they do franchise him I could see them screwing it up like the last time they went down that route.

21 minutes ago, carex said:

Once you pay the franchise tag once, the price only goes up from there.

Do you ever think, in all of your years of defending whatever it is the FO does, and it doesn’t work out, that just maybe -we’re onto something, and you are just willfully denying reality for the sake of being your definition of a fan?

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Once you pay the franchise tag once, the price only goes up from there.

Do you ever think, in all of your years of defending whatever it is the FO does, and it doesn’t work out, that just maybe -we’re onto something, and you are just willfully denying reality for the sake of being your definition of a fan?

the franchise tag exists to be used and if you can't get an agreement on a player that you want to keep

26 minutes ago, carex said:

the franchise tag exists to be used and if you can't get an agreement on a player that you want to keep

Are you insinuating that the Redskins franchise tag Williams?

I have a few issues with that...

1) If he doesn’t show up, he will perpetually have two years on his deal from now until eternity.

2) If he shows up, and does the same thing again next year without being traded, we’re going to hold the guy hostage and get no value from him while he sits out without signing the tag?

3) He doesn’t want to play for this team. Why would you take this opportunity to be so negative towards Williams? That sets a bad tone for everyone else. 

I gotta say, I’m a little disappointed in you carex, you are as positive about the team as anyone yet an actual human gets to literally be held hostage and you’re okay with that. 

Tsk.

Just now, KDawg said:

Are you insinuating that the Redskins franchise tag Williams?

I have a few issues with that...

1) If he doesn’t show up, he will perpetually have two years on his deal from now until eternity.

2) If he shows up, and does the same thing again next year without being traded, we’re going to hold the guy hostage and get no value from him while he sits out without signing the tag?

3) He doesn’t want to play for this team. Why would you take this opportunity to be so negative towards Williams? That sets a bad tone for everyone else. 

I gotta say, I’m a little disappointed in you carex, you are as positive about the team as anyone yet an actual human gets to literally be held hostage and you’re okay with that. 

Tsk.

we were talking about Scherff at this point

Archived