Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

18 hours ago, -JB- said:

You tell us why he hasn’t reported to camp yet.  It isn’t about fans “running him out of town.”  It’s about that if he doesn’t want to be here, BIG IF, then let the man leave and try to get compensation instead of losing him for nothing.  It’s not the fans fault.

Missing the point. The point is stop jumping to conclusions when you have no freakin facts. It simply keeps you from taking your foot out your mouth later. You all that scream trade Trent, don't pay him, he's not the best in the league etc. blah blah blah!!

Bottom line, I can say beyond a doubt that he's the best on this damn team. Some of ya'll acting like the Redskins are somehow an establish team like the Patriots where they can let a solid player go and plug another one in and win. If you had a cancer scare (and who knows what the diagnosis is because you can't report or talk about personal freakin' health information), would you report?

What you need to ask yourself is why noone in the organization has brought up contract or health?

1. If it was contract an organization can talk about that all day. But what do you hear? Crickets.

2. If its health outside of football, you can't say **** by law. 

So again, use some common sense and stop believing bull**** artist with microphones.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, HigSkin said:

On Redskins kickoff a few minutes ago, Santana Moss said he spoke to Trent before the season and he said then "He's not coming back period" so Santana is the source.  He told the crew about the conversation so they all knew long ago.  Said he was in tears about how he almost died.  If so, sad but is he even healthy enough to trade?  Can he put a helmet on and is his knee okay.  Maybe that's a reason to wait this one out on a trade until he's completely healthy.  JMHO

Listen to this

https://theteam980.com/125255/santana-moss-joins-doc-walker-in-studio-life-after-football-and-what-to-make-of-trent-williams-holdout/

I do believe Santana. I also believe Trent's situation transcends football and money. So again, trade and all that other **** is exactly that......****.

Since I believe Santana, I imagine that Trent's medical situation is the reason for his absence. However, the facts are still not available. Regardless, I wish the best for Trent and his family and support him in whatever decision he decides to make. He's a great player for the Redskins.

But consider this...

you've been diagnosed with cancer. There is probably a myriad of emotions one must go through when the doctor hits you with the news. So while you're going through your own emotions, you somehow have to reassure you family that everything is going to be ok. Obviously, there is a lot more to dealing with this horrible disease, but surely football is not important at this point, right? I wonder if he had to deal with any chemo? Wonder if he lost weight, felt weak or stayed up late at night wondering if he was going to die from this (?) You see, this has been Trent's life for the past year all the way up to 2 months ago when he had a procedure at Bethesda hospital. 

But some of you disregard that aspect of things and lean directly towards some football related bull****. Not me. 

And btw, never heard Santana say anything about Trent "not returning....period" See how reporters use the term source to lie?  

I ****ing hate sources.

20 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

No I think Williams is recovering from a real life cancer scare.

Do you talk to him personally? You sound like a reporter speaking for him. I was making a joke for the most part. I think you're trying to go to serious with this. 

26 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

The left side of the line is an EPA superfund site, that’s even without Penn, who lost his job to a rookie

I doubt he lost his job to a rookie. He has only been here a week. Probably needs to get into game shape. Penn could easily be the starting soon. 

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Do you talk to him personally? You sound like a reporter speaking for him. I was making a joke for the most part. I think you're trying to go to serious with this. 

I doubt he lost his job to a rookie. He has only been here a week. Probably needs to get into game shape. Penn could easily be the starting soon. 

Yea, i was just telling folks to lighten up about DH's performance tonight. And yes I'm sure you were making a joke. So my apology.

2 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Missing the point. The point is stop jumping to conclusions when you have no freakin facts. It simply keeps you from taking your foot out your mouth later. You all that scream trade Trent, don't pay him, he's not the best in the league etc. blah blah blah!!

Bottom line, I can say beyond a doubt that he's the best on this damn team. Some of ya'll acting like the Redskins are somehow an establish team like the Patriots where they can let a solid player go and plug another one in and win. If you had a cancer scare (and who knows what the diagnosis is because you can't report or talk about personal freakin' health information), would you report?

What you need to ask yourself is why noone in the organization has brought up contract or health?

1. If it was contract an organization can talk about that all day. But what do you hear? Crickets.

2. If its health outside of football, you can't say **** by law. 

So again, use some common sense and stop believing bull**** artist with microphones.

Dude, stop freaking out.  You’re too emotional.  The fact is that with all of the reports that say he isn’t going to play for the Redskins again, he sure isn’t coming out and making any statements.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what is going on here.  I never “screamed” to Trade Trent Williams.  I said trade him IF the reports are true and he doesn’t want to play with the Redskins anymore.  **** , I don’t blame him.

TW has zero intention of playing pro football for the Redskins ever again.  He's been quoted by many people as being committed to this stance.  There shouldn't be any argument about that at this point.  I see where he's coming from, however I view it rather indifferent as far as the teams W/L record is concerned.  They don't win more games when he is on the field vs the 30+% of the time he's not playing.  The statistics are mute.  That means you wouldn't pay him more money, nor extend him.  If he retires, then the Skins lose potential draft pick compensation.  Also appears that there's no reasonable logic to rushing to trade him.  His trade value only increases as time goes on and a contending team loses OL'men. Nothing going to happen on this for quiet awhile most likely. 

Does anyone know what the roster/contract/cap situation would be if he showed up the day before final cut?

We couldn't cut him, we'd lose his rights.

If he's on the roster, his 2019 salary is guaranteed.

Personally, I think our best bet is to trade him for the first decent offer that we get and move on.

Damn our OL group is weak. Some of the youth should develop, but this year is going to be tough without Trent.

If he's done, trade him asap, getting a player back plus a pick could be essential based on what may well transpire in preseason.

What I want to know is when did he decide that he wasnt gonna play in DC again?  Operating under the assumption that is the case, of course.  We don't officially know that, but I believe he's done.

Like, was he upset, but could be schmoozed and placated, or has he known all along that he was done and wasnt gonna change his mind.

Because they basically got lucky that a guy the caliber of Donald Penn was available on the street and ready to play.  

32 teams at this point feel like they have a chance to make the playoffs, one will eventually become desperate when realizing their great plan at LT isn’t working. 

Side note- I prefer team sweeten deal to  bring Trent back, but if that’s not possible, then be patient with making a deal. 

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

32 teams at this point feel like they have a chance to make the playoffs, one will eventually become desperate when realizing their great plan at LT isn’t working. 

Side note- I prefer team sweeten deal to  bring Trent back, but if that’s not possible, then be patient with making a deal. 

Exactly and think of the teams that are making a serious push mid season. Before trade deadline might be the best value. 

4 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

Does anyone know what the roster/contract/cap situation would be if he showed up the day before final cut?

We couldn't cut him, we'd lose his rights.

If he's on the roster, his 2019 salary is guaranteed.

Personally, I think our best bet is to trade him for the first decent offer that we get and move on.

Good teams don't trade probowl LTs for a decent offer. It has to be a good offer. 

31 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Good teams don't trade probowl LTs for a decent offer. It has to be a good offer. 

I'm curious. Based on the current ownership and leadership of this team do you classify them as a 'good team'? It's hard not to look at the W-L record, lack of any playoff success, lack of consistency at QB and HC spots and/or some of the dysfunction that has made it's way into the media and not see an obviously 20+ year trend. 

Maybe another way of looking at this, why would we start acting like a 'good team' now? It's completely admirable to want the franchise to make 'good team' moves, but to actually anticipate it is another thing all together. 

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Figured this was as good a spot as any to post: OUCH!!!

Why Your Team Sucks

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-washington-redskins-1837065916

Pretty funny stuff.  And exactly why my love for this team has diminished over the last 20 years to the point where it's a welcome sight to see them lose.  It Synder sold the team (I know it will never happen) I think it would  be a spiritual rebirth for me.

This whole thing is just typical "Redskins" to me.  Whatever they did to Trent it put him in a very awkward position to be holding out like this.

Hard to pass any judgment based on what little info we actually know at this point... I know from personal experience Doctors dont always say the right things at the right time because they look at horrible stuff every day and become jaded by it.

I'm holding out hope they get it sorted because without Trent a confidence factor of 5 out of 10 just went down to 1 out of 10 that we even win 6 games.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If we can get a 2nd rounder for Williams I probably pull the trigger. We're rebuilding anyway, and he's not coming back.

Agreed. But a tough sell to a coaching staff who need to win to stay employed here.

Archived