Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Day 3 pick? Not a chance. We will get that as a compensatory pick after next season.

it would likely offset, so don’t see the comp factor being a consideration. 

still think second round value is coming, likely in the value of multiple picks.

11 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Paul Allen knows more about the Vikings than pretty much any man alive, but let's hope he is off on the Day-3 pick. We need at the very least a 3rd+ for Trent. 

The day 3 would be consistent with what Pauline and Keim heard but that was awhile ago.  I think we all agree here that draft day might be our one shot for better compensation if we get lucky as for how it goes.

12 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

If it's Cleveland

2020: 3rd (#97)

2020: 6th (#187)

2012: 3rd (Hopefully somewhere between #65 through #75)

This would be great, we could retroactively get either Russell Wilson or Trumaine Johnson

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The day 3 would be consistent with what Pauline and Keim heard but that was awhile ago.  I think we all agree here that draft day might be our one shot for better compensation if we get lucky as for how it goes.

we will just refuse to trade him at that value. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Only 2nd round tomorrow?  That's new.

I think they're trying to milk it for the ratings. After all, the whole sports' world is reduced to the NFL draft.

Not to mention, with the war rooms scattered upon the wind, each time is going to need longer to get their acts together even more so if they are trying to negotiate a trade. I suspect there has been more ground work and if/then talk done between teams than ever before prior to the draft. Mind you, if that's true many teams are tipping their hands more than they'd like.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

we will just refuse to trade him at that value. 

Maybe.  Got no idea what they'd do.  Keim says they'd carry this into the summer if need be in the hope to prop his trade value.  I don't know if its on the table to have him play here still -- I've heard mixed things on that depending on who is doing the talking. 

I think in the end, you all will be very disappointed in what happens with Trent.

AS for 2021 picks, I'd prefer 2022.  There will be no college season this year; so whatever 2021 draft picks they are, will have last played in 2019. So, you be drafting them based on their 2019/2018 performance.  Unless you a Trevor Lawrence or Chase Young type player; you are taking a bigger risks with all 2021 draft picks.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This would be great, we could retroactively get either Russell Wilson or Trumaine Johnson

I think we can get Johnson anyway :ols:

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ezra IMO is going to be good

feels like Trent is option 2 after him

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we can get Johnson anyway :ols:

feels like Trent is option 2 after him

It could be.  I am on board with the optimists here who suggest that draft day is our shot to ramp up Trent's trade value.  My disagreement is the idea we should just count on it happening or even that its just likely going to happen.  To me it's clear as day that it will have some roll of the dice aspect to it.  Just like any draft.  And yes maybe everything goes our way on that front.  But there is also a chance things don't go our way.  i am not just counting on teams needing a LT are just going to have bad luck.  it's possible but its not a certainty.

To me its perfectly possible that the Browns, Jets and Vikings figure out their LT issues in the first round.  Conversely, it may not.    IMO what we have to root for is that teams trade up and get desperate for LT early. 

5 minutes ago, MAATopDogg said:

If we can’t get a least a 2nd or early 3rd I’d just keep Trent. Have him play out the year and get the 3rd Comp pick. 

1. We aren't eligible for a 3rd round comp pick for Trent no matter how large a contract he could hypothetically sign.

2. We have a ton of cap space in future years, we should not be banking on the inactivity it would generally require to gain good comp pick allocation given the amount of money we'll spend. We'll be signing FA's, and probably big ones, after Rivera sees what he's working with in year 1.

Archived