Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He'd be a FA in 2021.  The comp pick comes a year after you lose the player in FA. 

Not to mention chances are it would have been offset by a signing of our own, and since we stayed relatively quiet this offseason I imagine we’d be bigger players in 2021

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Lets just hold Trent thru training camp and let the have nots watch their horrible starting left tackles get abused everyday....the phone will ring soon enough and we ask for a 2021 1st round pick again. The wheels on the bus go round and round.....in the meantime Trent continues to stew. 

EXACTLY, people need to keep in mind that we dont HAVE to trade him right now. I want the absolute highest value for him, even if means we have to wait for the 2021 draft to reap the benefits. Also wouldnt mind watching the season come and watch Trent swallow his vomit while suiting up in a Skins jersey. Just sayin, dont take no BS value just for the sake of getting rid of him. 

2 hours ago, paloosa said:

If that Eagles report is true then I wouldn't trade him to a division rival especially if we had to face them twice a year. Anywhere else outside of the division would be in play. Just MHO.

Totally agree...........But if we do, we better bend them over the barrel and make them REALLY pay. 

7 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

EXACTLY, people need to keep in mind that we dont HAVE to trade him right now. I want the absolute highest value for him, even if means we have to wait for the 2021 draft to reap the benefits. Also wouldnt mind watching the season come and watch Trent swallow his vomit while suiting up in a Skins jersey. Just sayin, dont take no BS value just for the sake of getting rid of him. 

I felt like this for a long time.

Then I realized that out of a depressing but properly-placed sense of rational fanhood I've been actively rooting against this team for years in the hopes of cleansing it of the filth that was Bruce Allen, an incompetent organization, and Snyder's influence.

Who knows if Rivera will work out, if Haskins will work out, etc. 

All I know is that this will be the first season in YEARS where I can enthusiastically cheer like every blessed homer should on every play. The games matter again with this fresh start. The stakes are HIGH, because we have a real HC, a real DC, and a legit QB prospect to watch develop (or not). This **** matters again for us, man.

And I don't want the specter of this Trent Williams saga hovering over this new look, new attitude, new chance at relevance team. I just don't. It'll be a focus every week and every game. I just wanna enjoy my team again like a regular sports fan, not be this extra, 4D-chess playing nerd fan who roots for high draft picks and partakes in ancient occult rituals in the hopes of encouraging serious FO turnover. 

46 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

AS for 2021 picks, I'd prefer 2022.  There will be no college season this year; so whatever 2021 draft picks they are, will have last played in 2019. So, you be drafting them based on their 2019/2018 performance.  Unless you a Trevor Lawrence or Chase Young type player; you are taking a bigger risks with all 2021 draft picks.

Glad I'm not alone seeing this on this board. I think the 2022 draft is likely to be the strongest in years because of the current COVID situation.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:27 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Questionable source but I agree with the sentiment

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He'd be a FA in 2021.  The comp pick comes a year after you lose the player in FA. 

I wouldn’t care. That’s possibly another year to use Trent’s services for 2020 then the in the 2021 draft we can draft his replacement. Plus who knows Trent may like playing for Riveria after a year. Until a team comes up on their asking price I would Keep Trent another year. If they offer any thing less than a 2nd or high 3rd I walk away.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Glad I'm not alone seeing this on this board. I think the 2022 draft is likely to be the strongest in years because of the current COVID situation.

you think college athletes are going to take a year off because of the coronavirus? 

I mean at this point, if the college football season is in jeopardy I expect the 2021 NFL draft to take place this July and officially be called the 2020 NFL supplemental draft.  I know it's supposed to be for people who aren't eligible in 2020 but didn't know it for some reason, but I figure how can you be eligible for something that doesn't exist

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The day 3 would be consistent with what Pauline and Keim heard but that was awhile ago.  I think we all agree here that draft day might be our one shot for better compensation if we get lucky as for how it goes.

Adam Schefter said it today on Get Up too.  He expects a trade in the next 48-72 hrs.  That's day 3.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Adam Schefter said it today on Get Up too.  He expects a trade in the next 48-72 hrs.  That's day 3.

Um "in the next 48-72 hours" also includes every hour from now until the end of that timeline. 

"I'll get back to you in the next 48 hours"

I could call you in ten minutes or in 48 hours and still fulfill that promise. 

His statement just means he thinks it's happening before the end of the draft. 

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I was referring to a day 3 pick not that a trade goes down that day.  But watched Schefter say the same, but it didn't sound like he's 100% sure of it by the way he said it. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I felt like this for a long time.

Then I realized that out of a depressing but properly-placed sense of rational fanhood I've been actively rooting against this team for years in the hopes of cleansing it of the filth that was Bruce Allen, an incompetent organization, and Snyder's influence.

Who knows if Rivera will work out, if Haskins will work out, etc. 

All I know is that this will be the first season in YEARS where I can enthusiastically cheer like every blessed homer should on every play. The games matter again with this fresh start. The stakes are HIGH, because we have a real HC, a real DC, and a legit QB prospect to watch develop (or not). This **** matters again for us, man.

And I don't want the specter of this Trent Williams saga hovering over this new look, new attitude, new chance at relevance team. I just don't. It'll be a focus every week and every game. I just wanna enjoy my team again like a regular sports fan, not be this extra, 4D-chess playing nerd fan who roots for high draft picks and partakes in ancient occult rituals in the hopes of encouraging serious FO turnover. 

All good points.  Having a Trent saga linger into the season would feel like very old school (and nauseatingly so) Bruce's Redskins.  Lets turn the page from being a losing/sleazy soap opera driven organization.  Rivera brings a major touch of class.  So does Kyle Smith.  

I saw on NFL website about Trent Williams and two others that are on the Trading Block. He made the same point I had made in an earlier post is that if we trade Trent to a team and he fails his physical or Helmet try on like last year then the Trade is null and void which means we get him back. Unless there is something attached to the deal that the other team waives that. Because IMHO I think Trent made a big deal about that last year and he ended up losing money that he won't ever get back. 

1 minute ago, paloosa said:

I saw on NFL website about Trent Williams and two others that are on the Trading Block. He made the same point I had made in an earlier post is that if we trade Trent to a team and he fails his physical or Helmet try on like last year then the Trade is null and void which means we get him back. Unless there is something attached to the deal that the other team waives that. Because IMHO I think Trent made a big deal about that last year and he ended up losing money that he won't ever get back. 

I'm sure they could easily include a stipulation that if a 2020 pick was part of the trade and TW fails a physical after the draft, a pick in the same round in 2021 would go back to other team as settlement.  

But we all know TW faked his failed physical last year to avoid playing for the skins, so he is not failing his physical.

19 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

So it won't happen, but I want Cleveland to miss their pick of OT at 10, TB to ante up 14 for TW and we draft Ezra Cleveland.  IDK why, but that's where I'm at today.  Lol

All we need to do is gin up all the internet traffic so they can’t get through. 

7 minutes ago, paloosa said:

Unless there is a stipulation that basically say buyer buys product “as is.”

Archived