Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Adam Schefter said it today on Get Up too.  He expects a trade in the next 48-72 hrs.  That's day 3.

The pick(s) does not necessarily have to be for this year. Although getting decent compensation in terms of a player or pick that could help us right now is preferable a deal for a better pick next year is not the worst thing that could happen here.

1 hour ago, carex said:

you think college athletes are going to take a year off because of the coronavirus? 

I mean at this point, if the college football season is in jeopardy I expect the 2021 NFL draft to take place this July and officially be called the 2020 NFL supplemental draft.  I know it's supposed to be for people who aren't eligible in 2020 but didn't know it for some reason, but I figure how can you be eligible for something that doesn't exist

The only ones that would be eligible for the supplemental draft in July, would be those seniors (current juniors until next month) that lose eligibility to play in college. The vast majority will not lose their college eligibility. So assuming there is no college season (not really a bad assumption) next years draft will be a complete and total crap shoot. More Juniors than the norm would not come out and I think even many seniors (who would still retain eligibility if the season was cancelled) would play college football in 2021 to enhance their draft status.  If the 2020 college season is cancelled - 2021 will be an extremely weak draft and 2022 will be very strong maybe, the strongest ever. 

Edited by nonniey
7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The pick(s) does not necessarily have to be for this year. Although getting decent compensation in terms of a player or pick that could help us right now is preferable a deal for a better pick next year is not the worst thing that could happen here.

If it takes to day 3, a 4th and a 2nd in 2021 isn't too different than what we've seen a few places.  All rumors I know, but doesn't have to mean only a 4th or 5th for TW.

I know 2021 is discounted (and people argue even more so now), a pick this year and next and the TW drama to be over is about all we can ask for at this point. 

I'm still hoping it's 27 1st rounders, but ya know, beggars can't be choosers. 

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All good points.  Having a Trent saga linger into the season would feel like very old school (and nauseatingly so) Bruce's Redskins.  Lets turn the page from being a losing/sleazy soap opera driven organization.  Rivera brings a major touch of class.  So does Kyle Smith.  

"He just wants outta DC"? Even with the old regime gone and RR being a players coach, Trent still wants out. Is this a case of embarrassment and pride? Is it Snyder? The only remaining piece of the old regime.

Why does he want out so bad?

• Like 1

We need a ****ing stupid team (like us) to trade and give us a high pick. Did every team all of a sudden get smarter or something. If these teams are trying to push it for next year, then it better be a 1st rounder.

13 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

"He just wants outta DC"? Even with the old regime gone and RR being a players coach, Trent still wants out. Is this a case of embarrassment and pride? Is it Snyder? The only remaining piece of the old regime.

Because Rivera didn't kiss his ass and he knows he'll be held accountable (like all the other malcontents). That and the whole team will be laughing at him for how bad HE screwed up. EVERYONE WAS sympathetic at first and he managed to turn that 180 degrees to full on hate.

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger
he not me
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Trent is going to be rejuvenated by going to Cleveland? Jason Reid really is dumb. 

it's an odd idea anyway cause when he was on the field he was playing fine before

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Trent is going to be rejuvenated by going to Cleveland? Jason Reid really is dumb. 

Maybe the thinking is that his ol coach Callahan will rejuvenate him.

Not necessarily talent-wise, since Trent probably doesn't need that aspect.

But maybe Trent and Calli are close, and it would boost Trent's "morale" in his eyes,

Just a guess

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Adam Schefter said it today on Get Up too.  He expects a trade in the next 48-72 hrs.  That's day 3.

This is what I'm expecting.

The teams that are hoping to get a starting LT in this draft, but fail to land one, may then be willing to trade, and offer more, for Trent.

But the downside to that of course, is that the early rounds in this draft will have already passed by that time, so it's going to have to be a 2021 pick(s)

• Like 1

My guess is a trade happens tonight after the round is over. Teams will he evaluating who is left and whether or not they’ll be able to get their guys. If we see Josh Jones, Ezra and maybe Austin Jackson all go in the first there may be a panic among the early pickers that gambled that one would fall to the second.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

My guess is a trade happens tonight after the round is over. Teams will he evaluating who is left and whether or not they’ll be able to get their guys. If we see Josh Jones, Ezra and maybe Austin Jackson all go in the first there may be a panic among the early pickers that gambled that one would fall to the second.

Well lots of smoke that Cleveland already has an offer on the table that will be accepted (Going by posts in this thread so no I don't have anything new). If that is the case the trade will happen during the draft if the guy Cleveland is targeting is gone before their pick.

In other words a contingency trade. 

Edited by nonniey
1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

It's called avoidance. He's trying to avoid some kind of pain (which in this case, seems more mental/emotional than physical). The challenge is.... pain can be real or perceived. So even if he could give you an answer, it doesn't necessarily mean it will make any sense (ie. rational) or be even justified. And it's unlikely he's going to actually share his deepest truth here.... since he hasn't seem to take any ownership of anything in this entire saga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

It's called avoidance. He's trying to avoid some kind of pain (which in this case, seems more mental/emotional than physical). The challenge is.... pain can be real or perceived. So even if he could give you an answer, it doesn't necessarily mean it will make any sense (ie. rational) or be even justified. And it's unlikely he's going to actually share his deepest truth here.... since he hasn't seem to take any ownership of anything in this entire saga.

img.webp

• TK locked this topic