Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

14 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise responding to the PFT tweet you posted, it seems odd to me that the Redskins would leak the Eagles. They don't need an OT and are in-division. Seems odd. Why not include a team that makes sense? Even throw in the NYG since they NEED an LT. Which is why I don't think the Eagles involvement is necessarily false?

maybe his agent who also looks after Peters. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, paloosa said:

If that Eagles report is true then I wouldn't trade him to a division rival especially if we had to face them twice a year. Anywhere else outside of the division would be in play. Just MHO.

long as we get Chase Young bring it on!!  I'm ready to make him look like an ***. 

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise responding to the PFT tweet you posted, it seems odd to me that the Redskins would leak the Eagles. They don't need an OT and are in-division. Seems odd. Why not include a team that makes sense? Even throw in the NYG since they NEED an LT. Which is why I don't think the Eagles involvement is necessarily false?

Don't know but there is at least some possibility that the Browns might be the only game in town.  If you piece rumors yesterday the bread crumbs somewhat lead there.  One NY reporter said they are out, another one said they aren't in the mix.    Tampa according to two people who cover the team said they are out.  So who is left?  Minny supposedly talked a month ago but supposedly nothing recent.

You got me one way or another.  But I think there is at least a shot that the Browns are the only team interested and the Redskins are trying to leverage things back by saying you aren't the only game in town.  

1 hour ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

It would be borderline irresponsible for a team to trade for Trent before the first round is over...or their pick in the first.  No team really knows how the draft is going to fall.  

Agreed which is why I said after the first round where there is a better chance they missed their target and now are enacting Plan B,  

Feels like the Browns pull the trigger if they get someone, not OL, dropping to #10 who they love. Saves them trading back for E.Clevland and being able to send us picks for Trent.

Still don’t discount those teams picking in the 20s+ swooping.

Cleveland is more than likely the only game in town today. But by pick 46, when the top LT prospects are off the board, teams like Denver, NYJ, Minnesota, and Seattle will all be on the table, and a 2020 2nd is more attractive than a 2021 2nd. If Cleveland wants to make a move that doesnt involve their 2nd this year, they will need to up the compensation before friday starts.

#74 and a 2021 2nd is the minimum I would accept.

The Eagles rumor among the legitimate teams seems like a very well planted seed by either the Redskins OR more likely the agent/player side. 

I'd be stunned if Trent Williams landed in Philly after they drafted Jason Peters replacement last year and have the highest paid tackle in the NFL on the right side. 

It's really an absurd thought. 

3. Williams is most likely heading to Cleveland

We've all talked about this since last year. Bill Callahan is there. They have no left tackle and they are built to compete. It has always made the most sense, despite several other options. 

Now the latest rumors: 

As of late Wednesday night, a source indicated to RedskinsReport.com that a deal was in the works but not complete. Another source did not have any concrete information as of late Wednesday night, but felt that Washington and Cleveland would be dancing. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/fantasy-gambling/draft-day-redskins-rumor-mill

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Agreed which is why I said after the first round where there is a better chance they missed their target and now are enacting Plan B,  

I was agreeing with you guys.  Although, it may not be because they missed their OT target...it could be who else is available at their pick that makes the difference. 

42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I believe Minnesota is gonna regret not trading for Trent. They have plenty of pieces to get it done without hurting their roster or their draft. He'd be great for them.

Honestly, Minnesota is the best option for Trent. They have the draft capital to make the move, they would save 8 million by releasing the incumbent starter, he has a report with Cousins, and Zimmer is on the hot seat to show up this year. 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Honestly, Minnesota is the best option for Trent. They have the draft capital to make the move, they would save 8 million by releasing the incumbent starter, he has a report with Cousins, and Zimmer is on the hot seat to show up this year. 

Hopefully not Minnesota lol.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Eagles rumor among the legitimate teams seems like a very well planted seed by either the Redskins OR more likely the agent/player side. 

I’ve just bloody said that in this thread 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Cleveland is more than likely the only game in town today. But by pick 46, when the top LT prospects are off the board, teams like Denver, NYJ, Minnesota, and Seattle will all be on the table, and a 2020 2nd is more attractive than a 2021 2nd. If Cleveland wants to make a move that doesnt involve their 2nd this year, they will need to up the compensation before friday starts.

Rumor is the Jets are taking a LT with their pick if so they'd likely be out.  Don't recall rumors about Denver having any interest unless I missed one.  Peter King thinks Seattle should be interested but don't recall any rumor about them actually being interested.  Minny can likely land Wilson or Cleveland with the first round pick but I'd guess they might go corner.

Yeah maybe teams just fall in love with getting Trent as the draft unfolds.  I hope so.  But not sure.  

Here's my mock draft on TDN. I ran through 4 full rounds picking for every team and doing R1 trades. I got #74 and #115 from Cleveland for Trent:

#2: Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State

#66: Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina

#74: Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah

#108: Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

#115: Thaddeus Moss, TE LSU

#142: Markus Bailey, LB Purdue

Debated going another WR or OL at #142. But Bailey was BPA, and a position of "need" ... there was a run on IOL in the 3rd and 4th round so nobody worth picking there. WR was the most tempting, but the top guys were Proche, Collin Johnson and Gandy-Golden. I would think we'd add one in the 5th or 7th. Also, some safeties like Geno Stone were available, but I felt best about adding Bailey. That was probably the one pick where there wasn't a "guy" I was targeting available as a top 3-5 BPA/

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor is the Jets are taking a LT with their pick if so they'd likely be out.  Don't recall rumors about Denver having any interest unless I missed one.  Peter King thinks Seattle should be interested but don't recall any rumor about them actually being interested.  Minny can likely land Wilson or Cleveland with the first round pick but I'd guess they might go corner.

Yeah maybe teams just fall in love with getting Trent as the draft unfolds.  I hope so.  But not sure.  

If Lamb or Jeudy is sitting there and NYJ decides to draft a tackle, I expect Gase to be out of the building by October. Their best target last year was some combination of Bobbie Anderson and Jamison Crowder. In fact, here is their current starting 4 wr:

Jamison Crowder

Josh Doctson

Breshad Perriman

Quincy Enunwa

That is the worst in the league. Sure the OL needs help too, but If I were NYJ, I would go with Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs in the first, then take whichever tackle prospect is left in the second. Niang, Wilson, Cleveland, Wanagho could all be available, in addition to the prospect of trading for Trent.

edit:

I was wrong about Denver. It looks like they need more IOL help than tackle.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's my mock draft on TDN. I ran through 4 full rounds picking for every team and doing R1 trades. I got #74 and #115 from Cleveland for Trent:

#2: Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State

#66: Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina

#74: Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah

#108: Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

#115: Thaddeus Moss, TE LSU

#142: Markus Bailey, LB Purdue

Debated going another WR or OL at #142. But Bailey was BPA, and a position of "need" ... there was a run on IOL in the 3rd and 4th round so nobody worth picking there. WR was the most tempting, but the top guys were Proche, Collin Johnson and Gandy-Golden. I would think we'd add one in the 5th or 7th. Also, some safeties like Geno Stone were available, but I felt best about adding Bailey. That was probably the one pick where there wasn't a "guy" I was targeting available as a top 3-5 BPA/

I Love Edwards too, but it seems really clear that Edwards, like Tyler Johnson, is going to fall quite a bit and seems if not a definitive day 3 pick, certainly a very late day 2 pick. Tyler's situation is much worse, he might not get even drafted (makes no sense to me), and I'll be absolutely stunned if Edwards goes before the 90's or more likely the 4th-5th round. This isn't an indictment of his talent, I think he's a top 10 WR in the class easy, but his middling at best athleticism and the injury mean he's gonna fall, probably quite far. 

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I Love Edwards too, but it seems really clear that Edwards, like Tyler Johnson, is going to fall quite a bit and seems if not a definitive day 3 pick, certainly a very late day 2 pick. Tyler's situation is much worse, he might not get even drafted (makes no sense to me), and I'll be absolutely stunned if Edwards goes before the 90's or more likely the 4th-5th round. This isn't an indictment of his talent, I think he's a top 10 WR in the class easy, but his middling at best athleticism and the injury mean he's gonna fall, probably quite far. 

I think you would be very wrong here. Both Tyler Johnson and Edwards will be picked in the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Agreed...unless we are getting a 2nd+ value from the Browns, I would hold off.

With the top 4 OT's go off the board early, it 1) forces teams in the teens reconsider and 2) allows other top rated players to fall to the teens/twenties.

Jones, Cleveland, and Jackson are all intriguing in their own way. But all three have serious issues with their tape/technique or their strength. None of those guys steps in as a quality starter on day 1, and Cleveland, Seattle, Arizona, and Minnesota etc. are trying to win.

I think Seattle is the sleeper in all this. I think they trade down from 27 and call the Skins.

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

If Lamb or Jeudy is sitting there and NYJ decides to draft a tackle, I expect Gase to be out of the building by October. Their best target last year was some combination of Bobbie Anderson and Jamison Crowder. In fact, here is their current starting 4 wr:

Jamison Crowder

Josh Doctson

Breshad Perriman

Quincy Enunwa

That is the worst in the league. Sure the OL needs help too, but If I were NYJ, I would go with Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs in the first, then take whichever tackle prospect is left in the second. Niang, Wilson, Cleveland, Wanagho could all be available, in addition to the prospect of trading for Trent.

You wouldn't find a bigger fan of Jeudy and Lamb than me.  I've seen both play multiple times live.  Still, I would be the reverse of your take here.  I'd think they'd be borderline nuts to skip a tackle especially since they are in prime position to get one of the top 4.   And that goes double considering how deep the WR position is.  I'd go LT in round 1.  And in round 2 take whomever drops among Reagor, Higgins, Mims, Pittman. 

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/nfl-draft-2020-prediction-jets-will-take-tristan-wirfs-in-first-round/

NFL Draft prediction: Jets will take Tristan Wirfs in first round

April 23, 2020 | 2:41am

The Post’s Brian Costello gives his prediction on whom the Jets will pick in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft:

OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa

The priority for the Jets must be strengthening the offensive line in front of Sam Darnold. Wirfs, a freakish athlete, does that.

I think Joe Douglas takes any of the top four tackles who fall to No. 11. In my mind, Wirfs is the one who tumbles because some teams view him as a guard and not a tackle.

Archived