Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

"He just wants outta DC"? Even with the old regime gone and RR being a players coach, Trent still wants out. Is this a case of embarrassment and pride? Is it Snyder? The only remaining piece of the old regime.

Why does he want out so bad?

We've been a non-stop dumpster fire forever?  Regime changes never really mattered. Although this one seems different since Brucifer is gone. Probably just feels the relationship is over and ultimately its still Snyder?

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Trent is going to be rejuvenated by going to Cleveland? Jason Reid really is dumb. 

Cleveland rejuvenates nobody. Kind of like Oakland.

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

"He just wants outta DC"? Even with the old regime gone and RR being a players coach, Trent still wants out. Is this a case of embarrassment and pride? Is it Snyder? The only remaining piece of the old regime.

Why does he want out so bad?

Money.

The Redskins wouldn't pay him what he thinks he's worth, which is QB money.

Not to mention he seems like he wants to be treated special. Above the team and the coaches and only answering to Snyder.

He's become a malcontent and a potential cancer.

There's just too much water under this bridge for him to stay.

He needs to be traded.

6 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

FWIW, I've heard it likely happens tonight and involves a 3rd this year and 2nd next year.  Value could rise depending on what happens tonight.

(from someone I know with ties)

I think that's what happens.

But I really wish we'd get a 2nd this year. Not just because he's worth it, but we're going to miss out on a talent-heavy round this year.

But then I console myself by stating the Montez Sweat is 'essentially' our 2nd rounder this year.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

There's just too much water under this bridge for him to stay.

The bridge is fully submerged. He'd need a zipline or a helicoptor to get across.

Not a boat, because those are some super turbulent waters after all that's happened.

Hopefully,  the reason a Trent deal is not happening before or during the 1st round is because the Redskins are confident that a few teams will be frustrated not getting a shot at the tackle they want and thus get more competitive offers. I hope their bet pays off. Either way it adds extra intrigue to the first round. 

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’m would rather have Cleveland’s #74 and a second next year than two 3rds. Maybe a guy like Chinn falls to us at 66, then we draft Bryan Edwards at 74. 

2. Chase Young
66. Jeremy Chinn

74. Bryan Edwards

108. Trade for OJ Howard 

A 3rd and a 2021 2nd is way more than we’ll get. Set your bar at one 4th... I know tweets and rumors are being hyped up, but ya gotta get your bearings straight. Unless BA gets hired by another team in the next few hours, then hopes for a 1st or multiple day 2s are nuts. 

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think that's what happens.

But I really wish we'd get a 2nd this year. Not just because he's worth it, but we're going to miss out on a talent-heavy round this year.

But then I console myself by stating the Montez Sweat is 'essentially' our 2nd rounder this year.

The bridge is fully submerged. He'd need a zipline or a helicoptor to get across.

Not a boat, because those are some super turbulent waters after all that's happened.

Same- really want that second this year-  if even drop back to a 4 or 5 next year if we could

12 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Hopefully,  the reason a Trent deal is not happening before or during the 1st round is because the Redskins are confident that a few teams will be frustrated not getting a shot at the tackle they want and thus get more competitive offers. I hope their bet pays off. Either way it adds extra intrigue to the first round. 

I think a big part of him not being traded yet is the contract he's asking for.

Just now, Gallen5862 said:

Would you do this trade if Detroit said they would trade 1st round pick #3 overall to the Redskins for Dwayne Haskins and Trent Williams? The Redskins could then draft Chase Young at #2 and then Tua at #3.

I would trade down from 3 to grab Jordan Love and Isaiah Simmons

59 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I bet @volsmet would go for a decent washing machine 🤔

i think he'd only use it to mix his special jungle juice in even larger quantities

he goes through so much of the stuff some days that he ends up stumbling around the tailgate, engaging in erratic and sometimes scandalous activities

he's super smart on useless stuff but after looking under the hood i'm not sure i'd trust him with properly operating any major appliances 

(the preceding off-topic and undeserved pillorying of an excellent es poster in the pursuit of humor is just another free service provided by es staff for your entertainment) 

6 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Cleveland is more than likely the only game in town today. But by pick 46, when the top LT prospects are off the board, teams like Denver, NYJ, Minnesota, and Seattle will all be on the table, and a 2020 2nd is more attractive than a 2021 2nd. If Cleveland wants to make a move that doesnt involve their 2nd this year, they will need to up the compensation before friday starts.

#74 and a 2021 2nd is the minimum I would accept.

I think you need to add San Diego to that list. If they take a QB at 6 ,TW should be in play with their 2nd rounder. They also traded their LT to the Panthers earlier in the off season.

35 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I think you need to add San Diego to that list. If they take a QB at 6 ,TW should be in play with their 2nd rounder. They also traded their LT to the Panthers earlier in the off season.

Right, if the chargers take a QB at 6, call them and say we have the perfect protector for your new franchise QB (hopefully it's hebert so it's the blind side).  All you have to do is give us 37, but you have to act fast, Cleveland and Minny are ready to pounce.  

In addition to rooting for chargers to take Herbert, we need to root for Andrew Thomas to go top 9.  And the sooner that first OT goes off the board, the better.

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Right, if the chargers take a QB at 6, call them and say we have the perfect protector for your new franchise QB (hopefully it's hebert so it's the blind side).  All you have to do is give us 37, but you have to act fast, Cleveland and Minny are ready to pounce.  

In addition to rooting for chargers to take Herbert, we need to root for Andrew Thomas to go top 9.  And the sooner that first OT goes off the board, the better.

Chargers have so much money invested in their OL already.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

we need to root for Andrew Thomas to go top 9.  And the sooner that first OT goes off the board, the better.

Agree.  The key is IMO for Wirfs, Thomas, Wills to be gone fast and teams are scared of Becton's weight and failed drug test.  Then there is a mid first round rush for Jackson, Cleveland, Jones.  If that happens we are good.  

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Haha you tell em joe... although I’m less optimistic than most regarding TWs expected compensation, we are very fortunate that the front runner is the browns. Here’s to hoping they whiff on LT at #10 🍻

Been saying all along we end up just cutting Trent and getting nothing. (but comp pick)

Would love to be wrong though. 

If things don't go someone's way in the next couple days they might pull the trigger. Looking at you NY jets. 

Archived