Games played per year player B:

2019: 0

2018: 13

2017: 10

2016: 12

2015: 14

Player A just fetched a 4th round pick

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Schefter on First Take this morning said look for the trade to happen within the next 48 to 72 hours.  Seems to signal a 3rd day pick (Saturday) ugh....

Best take would be a 4th (#155 overall from Cleveland if it's them) and a player or just the (#115 overall 4th rounder).  Better than a 5th round compensation.  Hopefully, a player of need like the Brown's TE Njoku.  I don't want OBJ on this team as part of the trade and he doesn't fit RR's type of player either.  

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

I'm guessing the hold up is teams want a physical on Trent and aren't offering 2020 picks.  At least not day 2 picks.  So it's 2020 day 3 pick or a player and 2021 day 2 pick. 

Here's a question:

If a team deals for Trent, without a physical, and only gives up a 2021 2nd round pick couldn't the trade be voided if he failed the physical? Whereas, if they give up a 2020 pick without the physical the ship will have sailed because the pick was already made. 

25 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Per NFL,

Williams' trade value is likely at its highest in the next 12 hours. 

Amen

3 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

It may be its highest immediately after round 1 ends if a team or two did not get the OT they targeted.  Every team targeting a LT is not targeting all four LTs but a specific one or two.  Every team is not going to get the LT they want.  I can't imagine every team thinking that any one of the four will do.  I can see a deal getting done after the first round has concluded or even immediately after the LT a team targeted in the first round is gone.

This has been my thought from the start.

The tackle class is being moved up slowly and now it gets interesting. I could see 3 of the 4 drafted in the top 8, which then means some OT needy teams in the 10-20 range wont have quite the selection they thought. 

These teams will be calling us about a scenario where their tackle isnt there, so they take another player and make the trade for Williams with their 2nd. But they cant pull the trigger until they know their OT is gone. Dont be shocked if you a OT needy team in the 10-25 range pass and pick up another player, followed by an announced trade later tonight of Williams for day 2 pick(s).

2 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Two top level guys at their positions:

Games played per year player A:

2017: 14

2016: 8

2015: 15

How old is player A?

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He the most accurate in the biz when it comes to news on this kind of stuff.  Higskin is the second sentence saying "Seems to signal a 3rd day pick" from you or is it what Schefter said? :)

I'm saying Saturday because that's 48-72hrs from this morning.  🙂

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

if you're talking about a Gronk vs. TW comparison, it's apples to oranges.

TE not nearly as important as LT.

One was retired so Pats basically got a 4th round free consolation prize.

Not to mention that Tampa wasn't bidding against anyone else. They knew they'd be the only suitor with Brady in house.

Lets just hold Trent thru training camp and let the have nots watch their horrible starting left tackles get abused everyday....the phone will ring soon enough and we ask for a 2021 1st round pick again. The wheels on the bus go round and round.....in the meantime Trent continues to stew. 

4 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Two top level guys at their positions:

Games played per year player A:

2017: 14

2016: 8

2015: 15

I'm guessing Player A is Trent and Player B is Gronk.  I still think the shelf life of a LT is longer than a TE's.  

Honestly, I don’t want to hold him. 

I want a quick turn around on a return so that if he fails a physical it’s game, set, match and we already have our guy on board. 

It is an interesting thought... trading Williams for a 2020 pick is basically Russian roulette for the team we do business with. You can’t back out of the trade at that point. And the league can’t really veto it. 

I wonder where the rules stand on that :ols:

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Lets just hold Trent thru training camp and let the have nots watch their horrible starting left tackles get abused everyday....the phone will ring soon enough and we ask for a 2021 1st round pick again. The wheels on the bus go round and round.....in the meantime Trent continues to stew. 

Not to mention but he does provide a service to us by protecting young DH. More value in that than a Day 3 pick imo.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Well, if Schefter has said that a trade will happen in the next 48-72 hours then it's probably going down.  I understand your logic and it makes sense but I think RR/Smith are tired of this mess and want to rid their hands of him and his salary.  Just a guess. :)

Just now, kingdaddy said:

That would be worst case scenario... sounds like BA talking.

you rid the team of this malcontent and move on. Officially turn the page, new regime, new mentality, let’s go. Take the late day 2 or early day 3 pick.

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

if you're talking about a Gronk vs. TW comparison, it's apples to oranges.

TE not nearly as important as LT.

One was retired so Pats basically got a 4th round free consolation prize.

Trent is also essentially retired.  He won't play for the Redskins but he can't play for anyone else unless he is traded.

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Here's a question:

If a team deals for Trent, without a physical, and only gives up a 2021 2nd round pick couldn't the trade be voided if he failed the physical? Whereas, if they give up a 2020 pick without the physical the ship will have sailed because the pick was already made. 

Yes which why teams might be gun shy on giving up a pick this year.  Once the pick is used it's done.  That's why a player (like Njoku or OJ Howard) and a 2021 pick might make more sense to teams.  If Trent fails the physical, it voids and the players and 2021 picks are returned back.  

Trent for a day three pick would be robbery.If that is the offer I say wait it out until someone goes down, a team can't protect their young franchise QB or a contending team swings for the fence at the trade deadline.Look at what the Broncos got for Sanders.No way we should get less than a 3rd and change.

3 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I'm guessing Player A is Trent and Player B is Gronk.  I still think the shelf life of a LT is longer than a TE's.  

Flip it.

The shelf life of any 300lb player once they start having leg issues decreases dramatically. If I told you that I was trading a 1st or 2nd for Trent and then signing him to 15-18 per year over 3 years and you were the FO of that team you would laugh at me.  

3 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Trent is also essentially retired.  He won't play for the Redskins but he can't play for anyone else unless he is traded.

doesn't matter, completely unrelated. Two different positions and Pats/Bucs really had no other choices. Gronk wouldn't have come back if not for Brady and the Bucs.

TW/Skins, from what I can tell, have choices and his position is premier..

Archived