Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

7 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

The more this drags on, the more I believe Trent will be our starting LT this year. We're not going to give him away for below value. And that value includes protecting our young franchise QB. I dont think Trent is going anywhere.

I don't think he'll be the starter. He'll have to prove himself like everyone else. I doubt Rivera just hands him the job, especially after all his shenanigans.

We're gonna be stuck with that big idiot for another year of drama.

9 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

The more this drags on, the more I believe Trent will be our starting LT this year. We're not going to give him away for below value. And that value includes protecting our young franchise QB. I dont think Trent is going anywhere.

Nope..not until trade deadline when contenders will come calling. Just hang in there..no rush cause a bad deal is not a winner.

10 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

I don't think he'll be the starter. He'll have to prove himself like everyone else. I doubt Rivera just hands him the job, especially after all his shenanigans.

I don't think he'll play for us.  He'll try a repeat of last year

I’d be shocked if Rivera gave Trent the chance to play this year. A huge portion of Rivera’s X factor ability as a coach is his EQ and ability to have a group of men follow him and a situation like Trents compromises his number 1 asset as a coach. Some coaches could make it happen, not Rivera, IMO. Not that he can’t, but that it would keep him up at night for not being true to himself (sound off the novice attempt at psychoanalysis). 

Even as a professional, it's gotta be extremely detrimental to team chemistry and to your young QB knowing that the guy responsible for protecting your blind side doesn't want to be a part of the team. I'm not saying it'll prevent him from doing his job, but knowing a key cog would only be playing so he can get the hell out of there can't be good for team morale. Reminds me of when Bell at out for Pittsburgh and the entire O-line passive aggressively stated that they're happier with him not there in the locker room. 

I’d rather have Trent half assing it than Christian at tackle (Disclaimer: the Christian of early last season, he could be much improved) if I were Haskins.

Still, I would love to give Bruce Allen a dirty look from a distance for I’m screwing that whole thing up.

46 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I can see it being a 3rd and 5th or a combo of a 2nd and 3rd day pick of two 3rd day picks.  I definitely think TW is traded during the draft at some point after all the high graded Left OT are taken.  

Reading the tea leaves from Keim, he's giving the impression the best offer they have thus far for Trent is a 5th pick alone.  He's hinted among others a third alone might get a deal done.  So if some team offers both picks, I'd think they'd have a deal.  It was telling to me when Keim had an exchange with a fan about whether they'd dance with a team if offered a 4th round pick and he said something to the effect that yeah if some team offered a 4th they'd at least be close and can likely work out a compromise.  So he seemed to be hinting that no team has even offered a 4th.

I was just listening to Donaldson who seems plugged in with the Rivera crowd.  She said:

A.  They are engaged in a conversation with one team right now.  (Keim also said he heard there is one team is especially interested.) 

B.  Trent isn't going to play for the Redskins next season.

C.  they really really want to move him badly before the draft

And, Trent's value right now has been dampened. 

24 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I’d be shocked if Rivera gave Trent the chance to play this year. A huge portion of Rivera’s X factor ability as a coach is his EQ and ability to have a group of men follow him and a situation like Trents compromises his number 1 asset as a coach. Some coaches could make it happen, not Rivera, IMO. Not that he can’t, but that it would keep him up at night for not being true to himself (sound off the novice attempt at psychoanalysis). 

I think you are right about this.  Will see. 

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

Exactly why I think he'll be our starter. He'll have to prove himself. He'll have to prove to other teams that he is still a top LT. RR will put the best rostered LT out there to protect his young QB.

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’d rather have Trent half assing it than Christian at tackle (Disclaimer: the Christian of early last season, he could be much improved) if I were Haskins.

Still, I would love to give Bruce Allen a dirty look from a distance for I’m screwing that whole thing up.

Trent cant afford to half ass it. That's the thing.

1 hour ago, carex said:

I don't think he'll play for us.  He'll try a repeat of last year

He cant sit out. It's in his best intrest to play. He sits, his career is likely over.

18 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Exactly why I think he'll be our starter. He'll have to prove himself. He'll have to prove to other teams that he is still a top LT. RR will put the best rostered LT out there to protect his young QB.

Trent cant afford to half ass it. That's the thing.

He cant sit out. It's in his best intrest to play. He sits, his career is likely over.

Wasn’t my point. Point was: even half ass Trent is better than the other options currently on the roster. 

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wasn’t my point. Point was: even half ass Trent is better than the other options currently on the roster. 

Yes, I agree, that's my point as well. Exactly why I think he'll be our starter this year. But he cant cant afford to play games and half-ass it. He'll be playing for his career.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reading the tea leaves from Keim, he's giving the impression the best offer they have thus far for Trent is a 5th pick alone.  He's hinted among others a third alone might get a deal done.  So if some team offers both picks, I'd think they'd have a deal.  It was telling to me when Keim had an exchange with a fan about whether they'd dance with a team if offered a 4th round pick and he said something to the effect that yeah if some team offered a 4th they'd at least be close and can likely work out a compromise.  So he seemed to be hinting that no team has even offered a 4th.

I was just listening to Donaldson who seems plugged in with the Rivera crowd.  She said:

A.  They are engaged in a conversation with one team right now.  (Keim also said he heard there is one team is especially interested.) 

B.  Trent isn't going to play for the Redskins next season.

C.  they really really want to move him badly before the draft

And, Trent's value right now has been dampened. 

I think you are right about this.  Will see. 

Interesting to hear about Donaldson.  One would think that team is either the Vikes or Browns.  We need to sign a vet LT (Penn or Peters) to a 1 year deal.  Think we will and if so who?

1 minute ago, actorguy1 said:

I agree with others that Trent's value doesn't go up until after the first round. If a few teams miss out on there top tackle or draft a QB then the compensation will rise significantly. 

I don't think significantly but I believe it does go up and it wouldn't surprise me if we were able to land at least a 3rd round pick for him.  JMO.  :)

28 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Probably the dumbest decision he could make. Throwing away over $20M. 

Then again, seems his agent could create that level of stupidity. 

no, it would be about legitimate hostile feelings towards the Redskins

It still absolutely makes me sick to my stomach to think that we could probably have had Cleveland's 10th overall pick this draft for Trent if ****stick Bruce Allen hadn't been such a hard-headed, spiteful tool. I hope he drinks a bad Coors on draft day and spends the next 3 days puking his guts up.

So let's think about this.  The entire league know how good TW is.  They are HOPING the Skins get frustrated and give in to TWs agents demands.  Ain't happening.  Once the draft gets here and a team in need of a Left OT isn't able to draft one TWs value goes up.  I don't expect a 1st or 2nd rounder for him but I think we do get at the very least a 3rd and possibly another draft pick as well. 

On 4/3/2020 at 9:41 PM, RWJ said:

Interesting to hear about Donaldson.  One would think that team is either the Vikes or Browns.  We need to sign a vet LT (Penn or Peters) to a 1 year deal.  Think we will and if so who?

Don't know.  Keim seems to think they might ride with what they have in house but he's not sure.

If I had to guess what happens based on these reports, they end up trading Trent for a 4th and some conditional pick.   there seems to be a lot of smoke that the trade value of Trent last season versus now is night and day and teams aren't offering much.  I hope that's wrong but will see.  JJ Halsell, agent, in an interview said if he were another team he'd just wait the Redskins out until they get desperate. 

Archived