Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

For clarification, he intentionally failed the physical by saying he didnt like the way the helmet fit in context of the surgery he had on his head?  If that's true, someone is telling him exactly what to do in order to not play for us and still count the year, maybe his agent? 

This is far from over, he'll do this next year if he has to if it's true and it works.  This is not cool, this dangerous AF, hes taking this as far as he can to stick it to Bruce but showing loopholes at the same time for players in the future, regardless of the context.

As much as I want to cheer Trent for embarrasing Bruce as much as possible, what's to stop someone from going this route jus for more money?  What if Kirk did this knowing as a QB someone would overpay him no matter how ugly this got?

Safe to assume he's not just winging it.  He's been sitting at home for 4 months with nothing but time to talk to people, plot this whole thing out, contingencies, the whole nine.  

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

They failed his physical due to the growth. That’s a non football injury. They need to put him on the NFI list. Doesn’t count toward the accrued season...

That's a tricky one. Couldn't Trent lawyer up and say the growth was actually the Redskins problem to begin with? 

IMO this is Trent's way of saying F-U. No doubt his agent and lawyer had his reason thought through before he showed up. 

9 minutes ago, Unbias said:

That's a tricky one. Couldn't Trent lawyer up and say the growth was actually the Redskins problem to begin with? 

IMO this is Trent's way of saying F-U. No doubt his agent and lawyer had his reason thought through before he showed up. 

Yes in my follow up I said Trent would claim that the misdiagnosis while under the care of the Redskins resulted in a more significant procedure and subsequent failure of the physical. 

However, all of this will come before an arbitrator and text messages and communications will come out. I would expect his agent Vincent Taylor to get screwed by being suspended and even disbarred if he’s an attorney. This is a multimillion dollar fraud. The NFL is not going to put with this BS. Sets a very bad precedent for the owners.

8 minutes ago, Unbias said:

The growth..cancer or no..is a NON Football Injury. No way is that caused by playing ball or football contact. Like appendicitis...s*it happens

THAT and he could have had that checked way before now....

55 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There were 40 thousand Steelers fans at a Monday Night game in 2008 when the Redskins were 6-2 and coming off a 2007 playoff run.

Yall quit on the team over a decade ago, just 9 years into Snyder’s tenure and 1 year before Bruce was hired.

Look in the mirror.

Yeah Vinny’s years sure were great years.  The dysfunction has been going on from year 1 of Synder’s ownership. 

11 minutes ago, Csup said:

Yeah Vinny’s years sure were great years.  The dysfunction has been going on from year 1 of Synder’s ownership. 

The dysfunction started no later than 1994.

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

new stadium is number 1 on your list? 🤣

No insults?  You’re already making progress...proud of ya!

15 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So what does him failing the physical mean?

Either way Trent's starting to look like a clown as well. 

Yeah. I gotta be honest. If he really didn't want to be here and it wasn't about the money he wouldn't have reported at all. He should know by now that Bruce is an asshole and right now he feels like he got the W in this whole debacle because he got Trent to at least show up. 

Right now, as much as some of you don't want to hear it, Trent's best chance at getting traded is to shut up, play football and hope BA grants his wish of being traded. That's the unfortunately reality of being under contract. He's still obligated to do his job, especially at this point. 

9 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So what does him failing the physical mean?

Either way Trent's starting to look like a clown as well. 

RE: Failed Physical? - We'll find out. It's going to get complicated. It's not like Trent rolled out of bed and randomly decided to walk in. This is a calculated move where he's operating on the advice of his agent, who would have a good understanding of the legal argument for showing up and saying the helmet was not comfortable. 

RE: Trent starting to look like a clown - Or he's starting to look like someone who's dug in. We may not like his tactics, but he's following the Jalen Ramsey blueprint. It seems like he told Bruce he won't play for the team and it appears he's sticking to that. 

5 minutes ago, Csup said:

Wrong.  The losing started in 1994.  The dysfunction started with Synder.

You think firing the great Richie Petitbon after one year to hire Norv Turner and then drafting Heath Shuler #3 overall is a sign of a functional franchise?!?  And then going to war with DC City Council and building a stadium in a swamp and naming it Raljon?!?

Okay, bro.  

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The dysfunction started no later than 1994.

No insults?  You’re already making progress...proud of ya!

hey guy that wants a stadium before a competent front office and coaching staff

tell me more about how to be a real fan

a stadium

🤣

23 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

The growth..cancer or no..is a NON Football Injury. No way is that caused by playing ball or football contact. Like appendicitis...s*it happens

THAT and he could have had that checked way before now....

A lot could have happened way before now.

giphy.gif

From the Junior Galette days I know the team doesn't have to pay the player for being on the NFI list, but I still think those weeks counts towards years in his contract. Can someone check into that?

Anyway, if Trent's side is that the surgery from the growth is a result of the team not attending to the issue which they were advised of then the Redskins would have to prove they were accurate in their recommendation. It then becomes a he said-they said, which wouldn't be a good look for the team. 

Granted our owner would probably show more fight in that instance than any team he's fielded, but it's one of those areas where Trent is starting to force the teams hand in dealing him. 

Just now, Csup said:

Wrong.  The losing started in 1994.  The dysfunction started with Synder.

I really disagree with this. The way we treated out old players in 1994 was just maddening. Its like we forgot about the 80s and said I'm going to cut everybody that means anything to this team. The talk about what we should do with Kerrigan right now is reminiscent but while he's a likeable guy he's nowhere near the guy that a Clark or Monk or Mann or the Hogs or a bunch of other names who were driven out of town as we brought in Norv and his system. 

It hurt me so to see Monk in the Jets/Eagles jersey or Clark in a Cardinals/Miami jersey or Mann in a 49ers jersey. 

It hurt even more to see us being taken over by the enemy. But in my opinion it was the start of the shiny new toy syndrome where we continually overpay for somebody else's toys instead of keeping and developing our own. I'll admit that a big part of that was Casserly&Norv being horrible at the draft (or at least the first round). They were better at drafting rotation guys lower in the draft but hardly any impact guys. And sadly Tre Johnson was always hurt. 

5 minutes ago, carex said:

If Trent's plan was to fake an injury if he wasn't traded he should have shown up and faked it all through camp.  Less nakedly transparent that way

I can’t believe he would fake an injury that could potentially cost him a year of service.  He could have done what you said or fake an injury on the practice field after his hold out.  There has got to be more to this story because it just doesn’t make any sense.

Of course, there is always the possibility Trent is no smarter than Bruce- in which case Trent and the team deserve each other.

3 minutes ago, Csup said:

Of course, there is always the possibility Trent is no smarter than Bruce- in which case Trent and the team deserve each other.

I think that's basically it in a nutshell.

The whole "Can't wear a helmet because it hurts right where my tumor was" excuse is just a lame way to be petty. It's not smart and makes him out to be kind of a dick. 

7 minutes ago, carex said:

If Trent's plan was to fake an injury if he wasn't traded he should have shown up and faked it all through camp.  Less nakedly transparent that way

I think the goal is to be nakedly transparent about his discomfort. 

The Ramsey situation was a clown show. He missed a game for the birth of a child, then had phantom soft tissue injuries that immediately healed after being traded? I think this era of athlete is different. They have more power than previous athletes. Look at Kawahi Leonard vs. Michael Jordan. Kawahi did trust the SA medical staff, then held the Clippers hostage to trade for players of his choosing. Michael Jordan played multiple championship seasons without being one of the top 30 paid players in the league. 

It's night and day. I know basketball doesn't map over to football perfectly, but it's getting closer. Bell and Brown forced their way out of Pit. Brown then forced his way out of Oakland/LV. Ramsey did the same in Jack. If someone wants out and has enough money to wait they now have a blueprint to force their way out.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You think firing the great Richie Petitbon after one year to hire Norv Turner and then drafting Heath Shuler #3 overall is a sign of a functional franchise?!?  And then going to war with DC City Council and building a stadium in a swamp and naming it Raljon?!?

Okay, bro.  

So a draft bust is a sign of dysfunction?  I guess all 32 teams are dysfunctional because I don’t know any teams that haven’t whiffed on a high draft choice.  

Richie Petibon was a great defensive coordinator and was a terrible head coach.  Not dysfunctional to fire a coach with a 4-12 record.  

Same with fight over stadium.  That’s just business.  Not to say they weren’t rough, particularly because of the death of JKC.  But I don’t throw around the term “dysfunctional” as easily as you do, I guess.  

10 minutes ago, Csup said:

There is almost no chance that Trent is operating on his own. His agent is coaching him through the entire process and it represents millions of dollars to his agent, so you'd be he's got his agency's best lawyer looking at the CBA knowing exactly how to play this. 

The thing about good players is that they are coachable. Unfortunately, our team is no longer coaching Trent. 

Archived