Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

9 hours ago, volsmet said:

You talk down to people, mock people, call people liars ... without any reason, without asking anything, without a hint of a clue as to what you’re talking about.

Yeah, like you do? 

like when you start telling financial lawyers and economists  they don't know anything about how financial markets work? or scientists they don't understand math?

you are candidate #1 for doing what you're accusing others of. it's hilarious to watch you struggle so much on the internet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Hooterman said:

Last I heard the Browns offered a 1st...

I wonder if the skins knew he wouldn't pass a physical because he couldn't comfortably wear a helmet, so therefore knew that it was useless to try to trade him.  Or maybe that's assuming Bruce has any capacity for actually thinking things through.  

that doesn't seem to be the case from what was heard on Tuesday

26 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah, like you do?

like when you start telling financial lawyers and economists  they don't know anything about how financial markets work? or scientists they don't understand math?

you are candidate #1 for doing what you're accusing others of. it's hilarious to watch you struggle so much on the internet

1) That’s a different forum.

2) I laughed at people who talked down to me without having the slightest idea as to what they were talking about.

3) I didn’t complain to mods when goobers ran their mouths, I embraced the banter.

I have no problem talking trash, my instinct was to eviscerate the beagle, but that’s *not what the moderators want here, and I respect that, which is why I no longer respond to people in that thread - & why I let beagle go here. The issue with beagle is running his mouth & crying to moderators when it comes back to him. You took your L’s more graciously. 

ADE1EC59-ACDE-4DBF-B197-58E1011559E0.gif

Edited by volsmet
  • Haha 2

When you're on the list he was on, do you still get drug tested?

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I know the timing of his return looks like he planned it that way along, but I wonder how much his return has to do with his old position coach now being HC.

I dont gather that he had any beef with Jay though, such that Jay being out and Callahan being in makes it more palatable.  

Edited by justice98
10 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I asked you where you got your information and you said family. I'm sorry that's no different than a reporter saying I have a source. When they never actually give who there source is. I have never seen anyone talk about trading Dunbar or asking to trade for Dunbar. So for you to come in here and say that there are a number of teams that would give up a 1st rd pick for him. Sounds like BS to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Dunbar is about the second or third highest rated CB in the league right now as per PFF (for what that is worth).

Now general comment to all. Stop flaming other posters.

Period.

By all means question sources, ideas, logic. But DO NOT attack the poster personally. Play the ball not the man.

No more warnings on this. I will start handing out warnings and bans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I know the timing of his return looks like he planned it that way along, but I wonder how much his return has to do with his old position coach now being HC.

I thought the same thing initially but now I think he is no longer a team player and this is all about himself.  He does not care about his coaches or teammates

when you pull a stunt like my head hurts when I put on the helmet.  Total and complete non-sense.  He wants out and his agent has told him the playbook  on

how to get out.

21 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I thought the same thing initially but now I think he is no longer a team player and this is all about himself.  He does not care about his coaches or teammates

when you pull a stunt like my head hurts when I put on the helmet.  Total and complete non-sense.  He wants out and his agent has told him the playbook  on

how to get out.

He won’t be the last Skin to do this as long as Dan and Bruce keep running things. Players respect Trent a helluva lot and long suffering fans like me fully understand what he is doing and get it. 
Pretty sure Brandon S feels an injury coming on as we speak. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, MartinC said:

I would be pretty confident we will get an offer of a 2nd for Williams sometime before the draft even if he is about to enter the final year of his deal. And he might well still have two years left if he continues to refuse to practice or play.

and they had a 1st round pick offered to them prior to the season right after the beginning of the season, yet turned them down.  The Patriots made that offer.

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

He won’t be the last Skin to do this as long as Dan and Bruce keep running things. Players respect Trent a helluva lot and long suffering fans like me fully understand what he is doing and get it. 

Right.

I see a lot of talk about how this is such a terrible thing for Trent to do, because it sets a precedent, where players can strong arm the FO.  They aren't wrong.  But it overlooks the real problem, that is players wanting out of here so badly, they'd be willing to forego millions of dollars while in the process to push the issue.  And unlike the Bell and Gordon situations which aren't truly comparable anyways, there hasn't been even so much as a negative whisper by anyone on this team about Trent or how he's handling the situation.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

and they had a 1st round pick offered to them prior to the season right after the beginning of the season, yet turned them down.  The Patriots made that offer.

Allegedly. No one really knows.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, MartinC said:

I would be pretty confident we will get an offer of a 2nd for Williams sometime before the draft even if he is about to enter the final year of his deal. And he might well still have two years left if he continues to refuse to practice or play.

Seriously doubt that happens just look at what the Texans received for Clowney and given his age one would have to figure he is more valuable than Trent.  I see a 3rd and 4th being the absolute best we'll get for Trent (Which would be better than the Clowney deal for us).

Edited by nonniey

I have now added @Califan007 to "The List'.

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Seriously doubt that happens just look at what the Texans received for Clowney and given his age one would have to figure he is more valuable than Trent.  I see a 3rd and 4th being the absolute best we'll get for Trent.

Maybe. we are all just guessing. Depending where in the round a 3rd and 4th would be better than a low 2nd to be fair.

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I have now added @Califan007 to "The List'.

Maybe. we are all just guessing. Depending where in the round a 3rd and 4th would be better than a low 2nd to be fair.

Well I did say absolute best - more likely it will be less than that and possibly given Allen's history we won't move him at all and repeat what happened this year.

Edited by nonniey
3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well I did say absolute best - more likely it will be less than that and possibly given Allen's history we won't move him at all and repeat what happened this year.

If its less than a 3rd and say a 4th or 5th it would be pretty much giving him away. I still think we will get semi decent offers for him - but knowing Allen he won't bite until AFTER the draft and they will be 2021 picks ...

24 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Seriously doubt that happens just look at what the Texans received for Clowney and given his age one would have to figure he is more valuable than Trent.  I see a 3rd and 4th being the absolute best we'll get for Trent (Which would be better than the Clowney deal for us).

LT is more valuable than edge rusher.  And for all the talk about his age LTs are lasting till their late 30s now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What will a team really be trading for in 2020?  Williams has a history of injuries the last few years, missed half of last year and I presume all of this year.  What kind of shape is he going to be in next summer?  Is he working out and staying shape or sitting at home with an icepack on his head working on a bag of Doritos and binging on videos? 

I don't know what Snyder is thinking.  Does he think a 330-pound guy in playing shape is going to preserve his value like a gold brick in the vault and so time is on ownership's side?  It seems to me that the opposite would be true.  A player is a depreciating asset that left idle is going depreciate faster. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Hooterman said:

Here is the source, not vouching for accuracy because it does say Trent passed his physical.  

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cleveland-browns/browns-are-reportedly-furious-with-nfl-team-over-trade-talks

So Dorsey supposedly offered a first and Bruce refused. When BA attempted to re-ignite the talks Dorsey opted to feed his pride over his teams needs? Dorsey now "furious" with Bruce and opted not to talk trade. Sounds like Dorsey and Bruce are cut from the same cloth. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Bruce **** in his own nest over this due to incompetence and posturing.

Trent has also **** in his own nest I think. He's been poorly advised. If this season doesn't accrue what a waste of time and money for him.

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

So Dorsey supposedly offered a first and Bruce refused. When BA attempted to re-ignite the talks Dorsey opted to feed his pride over his teams needs? Dorsey now "furious" with Bruce and opted not to talk trade. Sounds like Dorsey and Bruce are cut from the same cloth. 

I agree, said this a couple of days back.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2019 at 10:36 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And can you blame them?

I stuck around at my last job well after I knew it was a sinking ship, because they paid me the most and didn’t require me to drive into DC.  I made a mere fraction of what these guys make.

No, I don't blame them at all. I was just explaining why you don't see players forcing themselves off of bad teams. 

• TK locked this topic