Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

6 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Can anything else go wrong with this franchise during the months of May and June.  2 starters gone before camp even opens.

Yes.

9 hours ago, Mr.Will said:

I myself am battling cancer,and originally was misdiagnosed with what type I originally had by a team of oncologists but with this disease it is so tricky to figure out exactly what is going on inside that I in no way way blame the doctors for not getting it correct on the first go around-I have had over a dozen different biopsy’s to nail down exactly what I have and how to treat it..and believe me,if I was able to get out and work-two years or twenty on a contract I’d be grateful to be able to get my ass out there and fulfill my obligations!!..I get it that he feels underpaid at his current salary but he wasn’t breaking an arm to reach into his wallet to give any of those millions back on either year he wasn’t able to play a full 16 games..Trents not happy,I get it but bring it to the powers that be and deal with it like a true professional,not wait till you can hold the team hostage and threaten to leave or be traded!!..I’ve always loved how he played and represented himself for the sake of this team..now I’m just extremely disappointed in how he’s acted and played his hands..just my thoughts on this ordeal

Kick it's ass, brother.

9 hours ago, wit33 said:

Pay the dude. 

Unless upcoming CBA changes things, teams must throw away how contracts previously were done and be proactive in adding guarantees/years to a deal.

No way Trent should be sitting on a deal with two years remaining and no guarantees, especially by today’s new standards. Teams must reward certain players who signed long term deals towards the end, if play warrants it. 

I'd rather not. Whether this is about money or not (Honestly, I think it's always about money in some way, shape or form with these things). All off-season I've been talking about needing to find a replacement for 71 because he's becoming injury prone and older. I have said He has a few years left before we really need to have someone ready to roll as he is still a damn good LT when healthy. However, this accelerates that need, regardless if he's really just upset about the medical staff or money, the team has a serious issue on hand here.

Paying him is great in theory. Guy can still go. But what happens if he's out for 6 games this year and 6 games next year and we could have used that money to sign a new LT or strengthen another position group? Williams is a stud. He is and always will be a Redskin legend, but he's not worth more money than the already lucrative deal he's being paid at this point in his NFL career. Especially if he's upset. Upset people disrupt a locker room.

And before people get it twisted, I'm not saying Williams is wrong to be upset. I'm not saying I even want Williams off the team. TW71 is one of my favorite Skins of all time and nothing is going to change that. Dude has been a "warrior" for us. But monetarily, we can't afford to make a mistake on his contract. We don't know what the new CBA is going to do for the contract situation, so we can't play fast and loose with money at this point. 

Live Long and Prosper - to all

Galdi was asking why haven't we brought in the best FATs out there.  I suspect Bruce is looking around, or is afraid to offend Trent further.  Working the trade angle feverishly. Or is trying to play it cool, not look like he is in a panic.  Avoiding anything the public can see, to avoid scrutiny.

Donald Penn from Oakland is coming off a groin. I forgot the other vet whose name he threw out there. But why not bring an LT guy in for a tryout?

Bruce is going to butcher this if he hasn't already by dragging his feet on our bizarro world medical issues, or by telling his "get em ready for Sunday" crew to stick to the plan, even as Trent was going through probably the scare of his. We NEED him for our shiny new QB.  A guy getting MRSA after surgery in a hospital, I am not sure there is much to blame on Bruce, other than going to Raljon Memorial to perform the procedure.

I feel like a tell all book from an NFL paid medical professional would be damning, even if it says what we all quietly have known all along. The title for that book... "Get em Ready for Sunday"

This is so disappointing on so many levels. Trent is one of the greatest Redskins ever and he could kill his legacy.

I don't blame him for being upset over the misdiagnosis, but to do this now to his teammates, coaches and fans is nothing short of a dick move.

9 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

To Dan’s credit, and Tarik mentioned this, he hasn’t necessarily been cheap about addressing it. But it doesn’t seem like he has been effective with where he’s put his money. I don’t know what the relationship with INOVA entails, either... I know Dr. West is a part of that. There is something off about it all, though. The amount of injuries, the amount of players in the past who’ve complained, and now one of our biggest leaders... it’s definitely worrisome. 

An ex-NFL doctor was on 106.7 yesterday.  His take was Dr. West has a good reputation.  His thought is the nature of their injuries is partly fluke but could be partly training driven or field driven or both.  

I was only half listening to Grant Paulsen yesterday so its possible I misheard some of this but if I heard him right he said his sources told him that the Redskins doctors misdiagnosed  Trent's head issue for a long time --  if I heard him right it was over a year.  I heard D. Rouhier go well sounds like Trent was complaining about things and the Redskins doctors perhaps told him he was fine until he learned he wasn't fine.  Once he learned it was a tumor, at some point Trent wasn't sure of the severity of it and even told teammates -- he isn't playing football anymore and it was quite the scare.

The good news is Paulsen and more so Hoffman who was talking about the issue have heard that the thing with Trent is repairable and they think  it will be worked out. 

9 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

This is so disappointing on so many levels. Trent is one of the greatest Redskins ever and he could kill his legacy.

I don't blame him for being upset over the misdiagnosis, but to do this now to his teammates, coaches and fans is nothing short of a dick move.

You/we have no idea what he has done before and behind th scenes to get to this point. Do we really think he just sat around and suddenly woke up a few days ago and said, he I feel disrespected and i want a change. 

When these things come out, there is almost always so much more to it behind the scenes. I get this is a guess - but as I said elsewhere, my guess is he has been complaining to the team for months, maybe even years. He has had a lot of interface with the medical staff over the time he has been here. Do we really think that it was all Ok for the last 10 yrs, and then suddenly last week he got pissed? 

I find it much more likely that he has been pissed for a long time and finally got fed up with it and decided to make a stand. And if what he says is true about the medical staff then his teammates understand and they stand to benefit from the outcome. 

As for the coaches - they are stuck in the middle but that's what they signed up for. Coach who is in front of you and do the best you can. The ones that are most screwed are us fans as we have no input and are kept most in the dark. But if he truly believes his long term health is at risk, then i totally support him. In the end, football is just a game. We are not putting our bodies out there every weekend. 

I am in a wait and see mode. My hope is they can come to a mutual conclusion. 

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I find it much more likely that he has been pissed for a long time and finally got fed up with it and decided to make a stand. And if what he says is true about the medical staff then his teammates understand and they stand to benefit from the outcome. 

I disagree. You don't wake up and get mad all of a sudden and just stop showing up six months after the fact when this incident happened during the season.

You don't just, all of a sudden, get fed up.

This timing seems very calculated. After the draft, after prime free agency. It's a leverage play. Leverage for what? Not sure. Money? Getting the Med. staff removed? Because now that it's harder to replace him we may just stick with him regardless? I don't know. No one does.

But the timing sure as hell seems intentional.

I presume the misdiagnosis was that it was nothing to worry about, telling him it was just another standard run of the mill cauliflower bloom simple helmet irritation.  I did listen here that it happened LAST YEAR, so the fact that it happened during the season validates the running "get em ready for sunday" directive was in full force.

OK It all makes sense now. I thought the tumor was discovered this off season, so wondered why would they **** around with a ****ing tumor.  I wonder how many months it was that they told him it was nothing to worry about.  Over a year...what the ****!!!!

No wonder he wants out. Our goose may be cooked on this one.  Bruce can fire the medical staff, but he needs to rethink the directives he gives them, to operate under. Maybe its an NFL directive that is the same for all teams. Either way, THAT is the issue here.  Its a fine line the doctors have to walk with some of the injuries... they must have to drug themselves to sleep at night.

The fact that Trent's contract is not guaranteed is pathetic. We can pat Bruce on the back for being a shrewd contract guy, but Trent seemingly deserves one more than probably anyone on our team, even with the issues he has had.

Just now, KDawg said:

I disagree. You don't wake up and get mad all of a sudden and just stop showing up when this incident happened during the season.

You don't just, all of a sudden, get fed up.

This timing seems very calculated. After the draft, after prime free agency. It's a leverage play. Leverage for what? Not sure. Money? Getting the Med. staff removed? Because now that it's harder to replace him we may just stick with him regardless? I don't know. No one does.

But the timing sure as hell seems intentional.

Maybe I wrote it incorrectly. When I said he finally got fed up - I was not necessarily saying he got fed up a few days ago. I agree, this could be very calculated to make the most impact, and very likely is. If it were me, I would do the same thing. But I do believe this is something that has been building. 

Now if this all turns out to be just about money? Then shame on him. But if he is legitimately concerned about the medical staff and the care the players are receiving then I don't blame him at all. 

This is why I really want to hear the details before making a final decision. 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Maybe I wrote it incorrectly. When I said he finally got fed up - I was not necessarily saying he got fed up a few days ago. I agree, this could be very calculated to make the most impact, and very likely is. If it were me, I would do the same thing. But I do believe this is something that has been building. 

Now if this all turns out to be just about money? Then shame on him. But if he is legitimately concerned about the medical staff and the care the players are receiving then I don't blame him at all. 

This is why I really want to hear the details before making a final decision. 

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't think this is all about money. The dude has a legitimate gripe if the theory that the medical staff told him it was irritation for weeks at a time and it turned out to be a tumor. And really, who can be upset with TW71 for being pissed? Absolutely no one. I even agree with him if this is the case (and the med staff didn't take his complaints seriously, there's a lot of layers). 

But this is undoubtedly a calculated move.

Unfortunately, disgruntled employees usually don't turn around and be okay after, even if they are shown more money/the situation is remedied. There's usually a bad feeling in the back of their minds every day. I'm hoping that isn't the case with Trent (maybe he's not so disgruntled and he just wants to make people aware of this by making a stand and using this as a chance to sit out of some offseason stuff)... But an older, more injury prone player who may require more money to stay here, and even then likely somewhat disgruntled, isn't a guy this locker room needs with a rookie QB.

This whole situation sucks.

Just now, KingGibbs said:

@goskins10 If you can't see how he has handcuffed the team with what is nothing short of a calculated move by him and his agent? Than you must be his agent.

I can see what he has done and have said so. So your accusation is pretty ridiculous. My point is that if, and I say if as I do not know, but if he is correct then the team deserves everything they are getting. If it's just about money then fine move him. But all indications are this is not about money. 

I find it amazing how so many fans turn on a player in an instant, despite the history of both. Who has given everything of themselves for the team? Playing hurt. Keeping quite during all the stupidity and ignorance of this teams front office. Who has stood by the team and his teammates during the entire time. Not to mention if he is correct he is standing up for his teammates and I will promise you they support him.

Meanwhile this team's front office has been a dumpster fire of epic proportions for the better part of 20 yrs with no apologies to the fans or players, just arrogance and indifference to the point they have driven so many fans away that they can't fill the stadium on Sundays anymore and the team has been relegated to - who cares status within NFL circles. 

I will lean towards believing Trent but am waiting for the details before deciding who is at fault here. But I will not apologize or stop making the point that Trent has a lot more credibility here and calling this a "dick move" without the details is very narrow minded, very narrow minded indeed. Again, if he is correct the team deserves everything they get. 

13 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I don't even know what to say to this anti-Kirk-Bruce-Allenitis-infected type of disease currently running through the fanbase. It's too much. 

I've said it before but I am convinced that some people who post here are members of the Allen family.

Maybe it's not a calculated move. I am convinced everyone has their breaking point. Imagine Bruce reaching out to him last month, trying to joke with him, that what happened was no big deal... water under the bridge.  See you at OTAs!!!!1!  Some buffoon in management saying something stupid, could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Not having guaranteed contracts for players is not just something gnawing at Trent, it's likely almost every single player.

I still don't understand how a misdiagnosis could happen, if you do pathology it may not be clear what type of cancer you have immediately but they know if the activity they are seeing is problematic or not so they would continue to use further testing until they come to a conclusion.

None of this makes sense unless there was some type of cover-up.

Yesterday i was watching NFL network and they were talking about the Brown's and everyone was saying what a great season they are going to have but one of the guys, I don't remember his name, pointed out that as much as the Brown's have worked on fortifying their squad on many levels with great talent, they have ignored the O line and have in fact gone backwards.  His belief in this day and age you need a top notch O line to really be effective, run the ball and most importantly protect your QB.  I mean that is a fact.   The pickings are slim out there and personally I would do everything and I could to meet Trent half way.  I has been a solid leader for the Skins and definitely is unhappy obviously but I am sure sure we do not know the whole scoop and I think they have to make this work.  This is part of BA's job.  Make it work, smooth it over and let's move the hell on.   Clearly over the years, Trent has made  the area his home, he has some solid relationships, and I think this can be worked out. 

23 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I still don't understand how a misdiagnosis could happen, if you do pathology it may not be clear what type of cancer you have immediately but they know if the activity they are seeing is problematic or not so they would continue to use further testing until they come to a conclusion.

None of this makes sense unless there was some type of cover-up.

I suspect they didn't do pathology at all, that it was just "helmet irritation" get back out there.   It was not a coverup, just standard operating procedures for NFL medical teams.

I heard BMitch saying some teams "clean disinfect and deodorize" helmets regularly, other teams, not so much.  If our practice facilities or Fedex are any indicators...

Something stinks here and its not just Trent's helmet.

DearestTautAustrianpinscher-max-1mb.gif

Just now, RandyHolt said:

I suspect they didn't do pathology at all, that it was just "helmet irritation" get back out there.   It was not a coverup, just standard operating procedures for NFL medical teams.

That's insane if that's SOP for the league.  

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

That's insane if that's SOP for the league.  

I cannot be the only one that think doctors have long let concussed, injured, and otherwise ailing players be allowed to continue playing. 

Otherwise the concussion protocol that is all the rage, would never have been born.  Not only let them play, likely nudge them to play, from the nudging of coaches. I call that SOP. "Fans pay to see stars play." That is where the owners are wrong, we are already hooked. If Trent cannot go on Sunday, fans will still show up.

What about the heavy use of pain killers - lets call them opioids.  An easy one to pull - "IRON MAN" Brett Favre.  I don't have a doubt where he got those pills from https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brett-favre-says-he-used-to-take-a-months-worth-of-painkillers-in-two-days/

41 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I find it hard to believe any of the humans on this board think we’d be lucky to get a 3rd fir Trent. The minds of the ES never cease to entertain. 

I'd really like to know your take on his value if he indeed does want out. On one hand he's a dominant multibowl LT, who plays with a mean streak but smart. A first round pick that produced from game one. A positive locker room presence and team captain highly respected throughout the league.

On the other hand he is an aging veteran who has had difficulty staying healthy throughout an entire season (although prone to often play through pain.) He also has had a few NFL mandated timeouts for banned substances and any future violations will result in long term suspensions. His best years are most likely behind him although he still brings a pro-bowl ability when healthy. 

So that said, with your contacts and in your experience, what do you feel is the market value for such a player? My heart says a 1st rounder and a player, but something makes me think that a team would hesitate to pay such a price knowing that he probably only has a few years left.

Archived