Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

10 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Terry is too humble .  He needs to demand the ball more.  His lack of urgency here will cost him a pro bowl.  Still feel lucky to have him here.

That would be the last thing we need.  We’re hanging on by a thread here, I don’t think having a captain demanding the ball from a young QB who’s still trying to find himself.  I feel certain the coaches realize his value.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, method man said:

I feel bad for this guy. Give him a good QB and this guy is a Pro Bowler. He deserves having Carr throw to him

That's my feeling exactly.  

Terry desperately needs a QB who can consistently and accurately throw the ball downfield, at least one other WR who scares the defense in order to take a modicum of pressure off of him, and an aggressive, innovative offensive scheme from an O coordinator who know how to get his best player involved (I'm sick of hearing week after week, Turner lamenting needing to get Terry more involved.  Heck, Ron's now becoming impatient).  

I love Terry to death and it pains me to see him having to do it all on his own against a ridiculously stacked deck against him every Sunday.  If I'm Terry, no matter how much I may love playing for the team, I'm never going to re-sign with them if they can't get me help.  He'll literally waste his career here.  Ron, his O coordinator and his FO have serious work to do, IMO.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3

On 12/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, Vanguard said:

Well he’ll miss the pro bowl again this year.  Just didn’t have the numbers.  Maybe next year if he balls out.

We need a QB that can get him the ball on a consistent basis.

Even Davante Adams did absolutely nothing the one game he played without Rodgers this year.

• Like 3

Is there another WR in the league who gets wide open as much as Terry does, yet ends up in a jump ball situation regardless?  I know everyone cheers when he makes those catches, and yeah it is cool to see that we have a WR capable of doing that, but I am sure the coaches are not happy that dude is having to sacrifice his body on what should be routine completions, very likely for TDs if the ball is just delivered the way it should be.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Is there another WR in the league who gets wide open as much as Terry does, yet ends up in a jump ball situation regardless?  I know everyone cheers when he makes those catches, and yeah it is cool to see that we have a WR capable of doing that, but I am sure the coaches are not happy that dude is having to sacrifice his body on what should be routine completions, very likely for TDs if the ball is just delivered the way it should be.

Maybe Allen Robinson in Chicago. Their QBs have been somehow worse than ours if you can believe that. And before that he was in freaking Jacksonville. That guy deserves an elite QB as much as anyone.

Edited by Warhead36

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Haskins legit only had Terry to throw it to if I remember correctly and people didn't know who Terry was back then. 

I guess so. I would say neither had a true number 2 receiver to throw to. I feel like Dwayne was able to push the ball down the field more effectively. He may not be very good but he has an arm. Teams definitely weren't covering Terry like they do now. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

If our team had half a brain, and there’s no proof of that; they’d sign McLauren to a top 3 money deal right now. It will be a bargain in 2 years.

They literally can not extend him until the start of the new league year at the earliest. 

On 1/19/2022 at 10:26 AM, zskins said:

dahm3hmabkc81.jpg.869967133fe2e1f8749069a1c3d13961.jpg

Best part of this graphic is I thought the picture with .9% was Sam Darnold. Then I was thinking, “Jesus, I missed Terry on D picking him off?”

And I meant it. Because it’s believable. But that’s not Darnold.

My fear is that Terry wants to go somewhere relevant… and I don’t blame him. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s all about the money, there may not be a price that would keep him here. 

We all think highly of Terry because we know what his potential is with a good qb in a good scheme, but as of now he’s not sniffing top 10 rankings with anyone outside of this fanbase.

16 hours ago, CTskin said:

We all think highly of Terry because we know what his potential is with a good qb in a good scheme, but as of now he’s not sniffing top 10 rankings with anyone outside of this fanbase.

That’s not true.  I’ve heard analysts outside of this fan base say he is.

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

That’s not true.  I’ve heard analysts outside of this fan base say he is.

I’ve never heard it. there may be one or two outliers but it definitely isn’t the consensus.

my opinion is that he has top 10 talent, he just hasn’t had the opportunity.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CTskin said:

My fear is that Terry wants to go somewhere relevant… and I don’t blame him. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s all about the money, there may not be a price that would keep him here. 

I don't know about that. Terry was getting a lot of love from the national broadcasters in pregame and game casts this year. I think he is recognized within the league. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't know about that. Terry was getting a lot of love from the national broadcasters in pregame and game casts this year. I think he is recognized within the league. 

Oh everyone recognizes that he’s very good, no disputing that. My point is just that he’s not in the top 10 / elite category.

after @Vanguard made a comment along the same lines, I had to google. In my 2 mins of checking, I only found 3 rankings (that weren’t based on fantasy points) and he was between 15-20. 

really good, better than most, but not where an elite player would ever be ranked.

It's so hard to know if he is. Personally, I think he is. He has the highlight catches, he can carry a depleted receiving corp and still get open, and he makes his QBs look better than they are. That last factor will always matter though. It's hard to know how much better he would be with a better QB or on a team where teams don't have to scheme only to eliminate him.

We know his numbers are suppressed. We can only guess how much.

• Like 1