Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sweat is 1 of only 4 "Force Players" in this class:

This link goes in depth on what a force player is and who has been one in the past: http://settingedge.com/movement

It's a worthwhile read. Tells us what we already know about drafting, "non-force" passrushers...cough cough Ryan Anderson cough cough Trent Murphy cough cough. Since he doesn't publish the formula, it does strain credulity a little bit. It would be nice to plug in specific players to see how the model holds up for historical players, or how it projects more recent prospects. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It's a worthwhile read. Tells us what we already know about drafting, "non-force" passrushers...cough cough Ryan Anderson cough cough Trent Murphy cough cough. Since he doesn't publish the formula, it does strain credulity a little bit. It would be nice to plug in specific players to see how the model holds up for historical players, or how it projects more recent prospects. 

Yeah, it's much more of a cautionary indicator on which players not to draft (i.e. Fowler over Beasley) than it is on which players to draft without the good tape to go with it.  It checks a box though, so I'm happy to see Sweat make the list.

It was originally the "Waldo" formula produced by a poster on another board, but he's kind of fallen off the map, so his buddy has been running a modified version of it ever since.  Seems like he's lost interest a bit though, since he hasn't published any articles on it since 2017, though he does still post which players were FPs before every draft.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, it's much more of a cautionary indicator on which players not to draft (i.e. Fowler over Beasley) than it is on which players to draft without the good tape to go with it.  It checks a box though, so I'm happy to see Sweat make the list.

It was originally the "Waldo" formula produced by a poster on another board, but he's kind of fallen off the map, so his buddy has been running a modified version of it ever since.  Seems like he's lost interest a bit though, since he hasn't published any articles on it since 2017, though he does still post which players were FPs before every draft.

They have Dee Ford and Jadaveon Clowney as non-force players. I really want to know how heavily which attributes are weighted. 

Edit: Upon review, it looks like Sweat's 10 yard split was 1.50. Paul Richardson and Adrian Peterson both ran a 1.53. Sick. Also, Ben Banogu ran a 1.47. that's crazy. 

Edited by Anselmheifer

17 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

They have Dee Ford and Jadaveon Clowney as non-force players. I really want to know how heavily which attributes are weighted. 

Yeah, I think agility has a pretty significant weight.  I'm not sure about Ford's agility drills since he didn't run at the combine, but Clowney graded out as just "OK" there in his RAS.  Though they did both run impressive 40's (Ford at his pro day).  I think it makes sense for agility to be a strong factor, considering these guys aren't running 10 or 40 yards in a straight line. 

Clowney, though an elite run defender, is not the pass rusher the Texans thought he would be (I'm sure their fans agonize over what could have been if they had drafted Mack instead), which is why he still hasn't been paid.   And Ford was just passed over for a second contract in favor of the Chiefs trading for Frank Clark, whom the formula identified as a Force Player, even though he was drafted in the mid-rounds.  I'd say, with the names I mentioned above, this is a good example of the formula getting it right.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

On 5/13/2019 at 12:41 AM, MisterPinstripe said:

How much of that is us seeing him every day? I agree that those guys are better, but I don't think Kerrigan is a full tier below those guys when it comes to production. 

Just a quick glance, over the last 4 years Kerrigan only has I think 2 or 3 fewer sacks than Miller. 

From 2014 to 2017, just a slightly older article from PFF, Miller had 44 games with 4 or more pressures while Kerrigan had 39. From 2011 to 2017 Kerrigan was second only to Von Miller on total pressures with 445, and 3rd behind Miller and Jordan on QB hits and sacks.

I just think Kerrigan is underated and having Sweat on the other side will show that. Assuming he is as good as we think he is. This Dline could be incredible with Allen and Payne having more experience and the pressure from the outside. It's very exciting.

and just now hiitin 30...2 or 3 prime left

14 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Edit: Upon review, it looks like Sweat's 10 yard split was 1.50. Paul Richardson and Adrian Peterson both ran a 1.53. Sick. Also, Ben Banogu ran a 1.47. that's crazy. 

Thanks for providing this info. A 10 yard time seems to be  a better tool for evaluating pass rushers than a 40 yard time IMO

15 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

What I find interesting watching Sweat play was he was generally lined up as a 6-technique, which limited his athletic upside.  He should be in a 9-technique much more with the Redskins which should allow him to utilize his speed and athleticism more.

What I noticed was how easily he will be able to punch a tackles right shoulder, with his right hand, & spin inside on him...propelling himself with the left arm off the OTs backside.

CowboysFumble.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

Is he signed yet? Might have missed it.

Yes, and I'm pretty certain they all are.

There's impressive footage of him from rookie camp.

Might have been posted in this thread.

Not to mention Gruden gushing over him, even more than he did Haskins, IMO.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, and I'm pretty certain they all are.

There's impressive footage of him from rookie camp.

Might have been posted in this thread.

Not to mention Gruden gushing over him, even more than he did Haskins, IMO.

Thanks! Good to hear.

Well @Burgold , we know we he's fast ; Gruden says he eats up ground. One of Gruden's expressions that I like.

But apparently he's not only horizontally impressive, but also got some decent vertical skills too.

He can jump even higher than Anthony Mix.

Here ya go,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweat and McLaurin are still unsigned according to this from an NBC  sports article about Kyle Rudolph . " Rudolph is owed $7.5 million after June 1, and the Redskins only have about $10 million left in cap space. The team will need some money during the season to sign players as injuries inevitably pop up, and Washington still has to agree to terms with first-round pick Montez Sweat and third-rounder Terry McLaurin. "

1 hour ago, Skinn said:

Sweat and McLaurin are still unsigned according to this from an NBC  sports article about Kyle Rudolph . " Rudolph is owed $7.5 million after June 1, and the Redskins only have about $10 million left in cap space. The team will need some money during the season to sign players as injuries inevitably pop up, and Washington still has to agree to terms with first-round pick Montez Sweat and third-rounder Terry McLaurin. "

Im not worried, but I’d be more comfortable if they would just get this out of the way and concentrate on football.

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I like the focus on making sure Montez stays low at 1:44 in this video.

Son of a Grimm !

@ 1:51 Chad showin some quickness for coach, in his rushing demonstration

@2:58 Nooooooowww, we're talkin...Chad workin together with "Grandpa-Sula" is a great coaching team !!!

After all the talk of whether we got the better Gruden brother, maybe it's more certain we got the better Grimm brother ?

3 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Chad Grimm (it says in the title of the youtube)

I don’t care if he is Russ Grimms son but why is this guy even a coach especially coaching lbs? He looks like he’s five foot five and I highly doubt he ever played lb in high school or college. 

#confused

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I don’t care if he is Russ Grimms son but why is this guy even a coach especially coaching lbs? He looks like he’s five foot five and I highly doubt he ever played lb in high school or college. 

#confused

Chad Grimm played LB at Virginia Tech for 4 years.

Then immediately became an NFL assistant coach, which he has been for 10 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3