Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

On 5/25/2019 at 4:10 PM, volsmet said:

There may be 1 19 year old alive that could have handled Sweat at all - and he’s that one. He’s a better pass blocker than a run blocker at this point, because he’s athletic & still growing into his frame, because... he’s 19. At ... 19 years old he gave up 15 pressures & zero sacks.

Twill prob will stonewall sweat a bunch in camp and thats a great problem to have. U thinm wirfs a better prospect than twill?

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Twill prob will stonewall sweat a bunch in camp and thats a great problem to have. U thinm wirfs a better prospect than twill?

Trent Williams is one of the best college OTs I’ve ever seen, some had him 5th or 6th in that class. A 19 year old Trent is not available - Montez is blessed to get to work against Twill. 

• Like 5

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Article/Montez-Sweat-has-all-the-tools-to-be-successful--132243354/Amp/

"6-foot-6, 260, his outside rush is insane, the second he starts getting people and then does the deke back inside, he could be like a 4.4 Reggie White, his potential is that high — and I can dream about a 6-foot-6, 260-pound punt returner, someday I want to see it."

https://www.redskins.com/news/montez-sweat-showcase-nfl-potential-pass-rusher-otas

He's now taking the same field as four-time Pro Bowler Ryan Kerrigan and former first-round defensive linemen Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne. If Monday's session was any indication, Allen thinks Sweat will fit in with the unit just fine.

"I like him. I like him a lot," Allen said. "All I know is that he is big, tall, long, and he works. That’s all that matters."

"Getting better each and every day, reaching the highest ceiling I can get to," Sweat said. "Who knows how good I will be."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I bet the fractured ribs had a lot to do with that.

The best part IMO was the hurdle by a guy 5'8, and that he was not a punt returner. 

And he shook off the injury to stuff Minny at the goal line in the Championship game, to get us to the big dance.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

"and I can dream about a 6-foot-6, 260-pound punt returner, someday I want to see it."

There was Brandon Jacobs at RB.  He was a serious problem in the league for a few years.  Part of a phenomenal Giants ground game in the mid-late 2000's.  He was 6'4-6'5 and 265.  Although he was quoted as saying he's always been heavier than that in the NFL.  I remember in the playoffs, a LB was scraping across the formation with made contact with Jacobs too high, Jacobs just churned through him with the LB hanging on for 15 more yards.

We haven't had a true power RB like him since.  Leonard Fournette was supposed to be the best power guy to come out in awhile, but that obviously didn't happen.  Didn't help that he's significantly smaller.

Sweat has unreal potential.  Let's hope he figures everything out that he's capable of.

• Like 1

Is there some injection that the NFL gives all players once they're drafted that forces them to say the phrase "each and every day" at least 4 times per interview? Or is "Each and Every Day" actually a restaurant chain that gets royalties when the players say their name?

"Brought to you by Carl's Jr"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

The best part IMO was the hurdle by a guy 5'8, and that he was not a punt returner. 

And he shook off the injury to stuff Minny at the goal line in the Championship game, to get us to the big dance.

The voices of the broadcast soothe the soul, makes me want to sit down & watch countdown to kickoff

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Have you seen Robert Davis' ?

I have the name blocked from all internet connection & phone plans, that’s the last thing I need my gf to see while I’m trying to enjoy my Ellios. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

We haven't had a true power RB like him since.  Leonard Fournette was supposed to be the best power guy to come out in awhile, but that obviously didn't happen.  Didn't help that he's significantly smaller.

Derek Henry is like Jacobs, but faster.  It's taken him a minute to get rolling though.

18 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Some scouts don’t think that speed shows up in games, but that freak looked freakish at the SR bowl. 

It doesn’t show up as much as you might expect, because he’s a little less flexible than a guy like burns, but his get off is crazy and he definitely has plays where he just blows by the tackle. I think his get off does look like a guy that runs a 4.4 with a 1.5 second ten yard split. He just also has a lot of power and bull rushes more than a player like Burns. A guy that can plant Dalton Risner and Tytus Howard on their butt is going to have some success in the league with his power rush. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It doesn’t show up as much as you might expect, because he’s a little less flexible than a guy like burns, but his get off is crazy and he definitely has plays where he just blows by the tackle. I think his get off does look like a guy that runs a 4.4 with a 1.5 second ten yard split. He just also has a lot of power and bull rushes more than a player like Burns. A guy that can plant Dalton Risner and Tytus Howard on their butt is going to have some success in the league with his power rush. 

In a simplified setting, like the Sr bowl, you see more explosion from athletes because they don’t have the same responsibilities - Payne was criticized at Bama for not being able to rush the passer, but that was simply a large group of humans who didn’t understand what his responsibilities were; it gets frustrating seeing people who don’t have any idea what they’re watching telling everyone what a guys weaknesses are. Payne had extraordinary discipline & experts interpreted that discipline as a lack of ability to get up the field ... unaware that if he had “gotten up the field”, his next location would be the bench.

• Like 5