Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I mean Alex Smith waa notorious for hating WR's

I don't really know much,. Even Doctson seemed to improve last year. It will start with the run game anyway.

Certainly starts with the run.....you can't stack the box against a QB who is accurate.  We might be able to get an alpha WR like AJ Brown or a physical stud like Hakeem Butler or DK Metcalf. 

Everyone I heard that claimed to be expert believed Haskins and Murray were clearly the best two QBs in this years draft (by a wide margin). If it wasn't for Kingsbury and his love for Murray, Haskins would have been the guy.  Big arm, quick release, high football IQ and we didn't have to trade up to get him.  Only knock seems to be mobility.  He is not Byron Leftwich or Jason Campbell.  Let's get him a #1 receiver in round 2 (or a ILB or corner) and fill some other gaps in the future rounds.  

Welcome mr. Haskins... Man did he look pissed. Hoping it was because he had to wait so long and not because he'll be playing for this franchise.

How on God's green earth did anyone want rosen? Or even more, prefer him over haskins? the kid was a loser in college and was brutally bad as a rookie. We dodged a big bullet by not entrusting him as our "qb of the future."

Per Rotoworld:

"Despite Stephen A. Smith’s claims to the contrary, Haskins is a non-running, pure pocket passer with sluggish 5.04 "speed" and a concerning inability to make plays outside of structure or on the move. Yet Haskins’ pocket toughness, willingness to take chances, and strong arm give him starter upside on the Nick Foles-Byron Leftwich spectrum."

That is not what I want to read. A guy good for a handful of years.. You can find that in the 4th round..

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Welcome mr. Haskins... Man did he look pissed. Hoping it was because he had to wait so long and not because he'll be playing for this franchise.

How on God's green earth did anyone want rosen? Or even more, prefer him over haskins? the kid was a loser in college and was brutally bad as a rookie. We dodged a big bullet by not entrusting him as our "qb of the future."

The draft's not over...

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Because nobody ever, at all, said that the cost of a 'QB of the future' was a 2nd round draft pick for a cheap, disposable contract. The whole reason people supported it, me included, is that if he sucks and the staff gets canned, we can throw Rosen in the dumpster. Can't do that now with Haskins. If heads roll for the staff, Haskins is going to have a rough start to his career.

5 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If he cant beat out McKeenum he shouldn’t have been drafted 15th 

This is a bad way to think from the jump. He should not see the field for most of this year, period. Let Keenum take the lumps, we're going to suck

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Because nobody ever, at all, said that the cost of a 'QB of the future' was a 2nd round draft pick for a cheap, disposable contract. The whole reason people supported it, me included, is that if he sucks and the staff gets canned, we can throw Rosen in the dumpster. Can't do that now with Haskins. If heads roll for the staff, Haskins is going to have a rough start to his career.

But I'd think that heads won't roll because Dan was heavily in on this move. Jay may be saying, "if you'd have let me get Sweat or Burns we wouldn't be in this position" if we go 3-13 this year

3 minutes ago, Saeth29 said:

The problem is Alex Smith isn't healthy to play like he did when Mahomes was holding said clipboard...

So? We have Keenum to take the hits. Doesn't really matter as long as we don't ruin Haskins before he has a chance. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is a bad way to think from the jump. He should not see the field for most of this year, period. Let Keenum take the lumps, we're going to suck

If you believe that the logical choice would be to create better supporting cast this year for the #1 overall pick at QB next year. 

Archived