Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

40 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Eovaldi is getting SQUEEZED.  He's had a bunch of pitches in the zone called balls.  I think they move so much the ump has a hard time seeing.  I don't envy these umps - bring on the bots!

10 min later- he loads the bases with no outs, then K's Diaz and Altuve and gets Bregman on a ground out.  Very impressive.

I don't love any of the teams that are left, but as long as Houston doesn't win (preferably gets humiliated), I'll be happy.

I’m perfectly fine with a Rangers/Diamondbacks WS.

• Like 2

This has been a very boring playoff. The best teams are out, and Philly is breezing by Arizona. In the other circuit the Texas Rangers look to take a commanding stranglehold on their series, leading up to a Rangers - Phillies WS. Boring.

Meanwhile in NPB you had a team rebound from 3-0 down in the 10th inning to win 4-3.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38696365/nlcs-game-3-ticket-costs-plummet-diamondbacks-fans

Postseason baseball recaptured the energy of Arizona fans in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but fans are down on the Diamondbacks entering Game 3 of the NL Championship Series on Thursday.

As of Thursday morning, StubHub has "entry" tickets -- or get-in-the-door prices -- for $17 at Chase Field. TickPick had tickets available for as low as $15.

• Haha 1

You can really tell the lack of interest in MLB by looking at the front page of ESPN.  In all the, "top headlines," on the right side of the page there is nothing about the Rangers defeating the Astros today to take the series to a seventh game.  There is something about the Padres okaying Melvin to interview with the Giants, something about the Oilers' McDavis missing a couple of weeks, and a bunch of NFL headlines.

If you scroll down there is a recap about the game, but nothing in the headlines.  I dunno just sort of stuck out to me.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

You can really tell the lack of interest in MLB by looking at the front page of ESPN.  In all the, "top headlines," on the right side of the page there is nothing about the Rangers defeating the Astros today to take the series to a seventh game.  There is something about the Padres okaying Melvin to interview with the Giants, something about the Oilers' McDavis missing a couple of weeks, and a bunch of NFL headlines.

If you scroll down there is a recap about the game, but nothing in the headlines.  I dunno just sort of stuck out to me.

When their Red Sox and Dodgers (and maybe Yankees) are out of it..they move on. Just like ix. 

11 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

When their Red Sox and Dodgers (and maybe Yankees) are out of it..they move on. Just like ix. 

Yes, when the major teams are out of it, like the Red Sox, Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs and Cardinals, ESPN moves on quickly from MLB.  I know the Phillies are a popular team, but they aren't at the level of those other teams on a national scale yet.  Maybe if the Phillies win it all this year, they can move into that upper echelon team that ESPN favors.  It's interesting that Houston is not in that upper echelon of favored ESPN teams yet.  If they win it all this year, they will be the first team since the Yankees over 20 years ago to repeat as champs.  The Astros are a hated team, and a villan to all other fan bases in MLB.  One would think that ESPN would love to take advantage of this, especially since Houston is a top 3 city population wise.  They're a major market MLB team.