Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

Unless you're a fan of one of the winning teams, or severely dislike one of the losing teams, these playoffs have been fairly boring. We've seen one big comeback, none of the series have gone the distance, a few close games, 6 of the 8 series have been sweeps, one 4 game series, unless Atlanta can make it interesting, it's going to be a real mundane DS round.

• Like 1

The problem with that is that the Phillies are arguably worse than the Braves, especially since they have an ex-National player who boasts about how he wishes he was drafted by Philly. You're a Yankee fan bryce. You grew up a Yankee fan in Las Vegas.

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I don't think there is a more sensitive, thin-skinned group of fans in sports. People literally cannot compliment a player with out a bunch of Braves fans filling the comments with "but waht about <Insert Braves player>?" or "<Brave Player> better!"

I would have preferred to see the Braves win this series, just because Phillies fans are the most obnoxious assholes on the planet, but I'll settle for the Braves losing.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't think there is a more sensitive, thin-skinned group of fans in sports. People literally cannot compliment a player with out a bunch of Braves fans filling the comments with "but waht about <Insert Braves player>?" or "<Brave Player> better!"

I would have preferred to see the Braves win this series, just because Phillies fans are the most obnoxious assholes on the planet, but I'll settle for the Braves losing.

Phillies fans have just as Charmin soft skin. dude they harassed nick castelannos wife last year. wait till they see adversity. then the true fans will be out there cursing the team and their families. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38653093/rangers-scherzer-ready-go-pen-session-eyeing-alcs

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Max Scherzer declared himself "ready to go" after throwing another bullpen session and doing fielding drills Friday, two days before the Texas Rangers open the American League Championship Series.

The Rangers haven't said whether the three-time Cy Young Award winner will be on their ALCS roster, and that decision doesn't have to be made until Sunday before Game 1 at Houston. Scherzer hasn't pitched in a game since Sept. 12 because of a muscle strain in his injured shoulder.

"I feel good. Recovered, checked all of the boxes I possibly can," Scherzer said during a workout at Globe Life Field before the team traveled to Houston. "So I'm ready to go."

May be a meme of 2 people and text that says 'Atlanta Clubhouse: This is our sanctuary Phillies Clubhouse: Pr @CBSNEWS OCBS NEWS PHI OCBS OCBSNEWS 03 NEWS OLM made with mematic'

https://www.gq.com/story/philadelphia-phillies-himbos/amp?fbclid=IwAR31hK7elsZjHjYqy3lY5Ea-fbzMDQe3Bp-sNik-oMYtthAoQqO8oz_JRnA

In the endless debate over the best way to construct a baseball team—spending big money in free agency, developing internally with a strong farm system, etc.—the Phillies have quite literally said hold my beer. The only thing that matters, their argument goes, is having a team of scantily clad dudes who love each other. They skated past the Marlins in two games during the Wild Card round and threw a rager. The Braves’ series was a tad more challenging (Atlanta took one game from them rather than getting swept like Miami) but still ended the same way: with the Phils going ham in beer-stained overalls.

The guy you see there in the powder blue and splatter paint is backup catcher Garrett Stubbs. You may be thinking, has Stubbs played at all this postseason? He has not. That literally does not matter at all. His job is vibes, and he is employee of the month. But the king of himbo mountain is outfielder Nick Castellanos. His favorite superhero is Scooby Doo. He had his jersey specially altered to maximize his sluttiness. He believes every day is Opening Day. Last year during the World Series, he openly admitted to not paying attention very hard during the regular season. After knocking two homers in last night’s clincher, he gave a heartfelt interview about being able to share these moments with his son. He was also shirtless.

• Haha 1

Eovaldi is getting SQUEEZED.  He's had a bunch of pitches in the zone called balls.  I think they move so much the ump has a hard time seeing.  I don't envy these umps - bring on the bots!

10 min later- he loads the bases with no outs, then K's Diaz and Altuve and gets Bregman on a ground out.  Very impressive.

I don't love any of the teams that are left, but as long as Houston doesn't win (preferably gets humiliated), I'll be happy.

Edited by bcl05