Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

AB released by the Pats ... I’m in the F*** it it would be a laugh camp

After everything else I think that would be the final straw and I would have to say I was done with this team and done with this league.  Constantly fielding a ****ty team is one thing, lots of fans suffer that fate after all but signing an egotistical abuser like AB, that is choosing to be beneath contempt.  

3 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

After everything else I think that would be the final straw and I would have to say I was done with this team and done with this league.  Constantly fielding a ****ty team is one thing, lots of fans suffer that fate after all but signing an egotistical abuser like AB, that is choosing to be beneath contempt.  

Besides, the receiver corp has actually been one of the few bright spots.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

AB released by the Pats ... I’m in the F*** it it would be a laugh camp

This would be such a classic Snyder move. They're $hitting the bed, the fanbase wants nothing to do with the team. This would definitely raise the entertainment value and sell tickets. Skins would be front-page news every night. If I'm their PR guy, I want this to happen. If I'm the coach, I resign if this happens. If I'm ownership, I say f*ck it let's do it.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:59 PM, PartyPosse said:

I would love Taco on this team. He was stuck behind a lot of good talent in Dallas and dude is only in his third year. We could use the help at de.

Really?  You would seriously “love” if Taco was on the team?  I highly doubt you’re being serious.  Obviously the guy can’t play a lick.  Just what we need 😐

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Dude, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. 

We're not winning this year, let's just go COMPLETELY off the rails, sit back, pop some popcorn and just watch the fireworks. Trade for Ramsey too.

No.  Just no.

Does anyone have any opinions or consensus on Eagles backup Halapoulivaati Vaitai?

He is a free agent after this year, this is the guy that came in during week 7 and played LT  for an injured Jason Peters and helped the Eagles win a Superbowl.

He also came in against us in week 1 for the injured LG or RG (I can't remember) and he shut us down, he seems to be a starting caliber player who played 16 games in 2017 and 2018 but is stuck behind some veteran O lineman in Philly. 

We need to find some diamonds in the rough and I wonder if he might be one.

13 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Can someone please summarize what players we can realistically release/not re-sign for 2020 and what kind of cap space it would clear up for the team? Thanks. 

Without looking exactly, ditch Norman, Kerrigan, Trent, Reed, Moses, Dunbar off the books, maybe Richardson, there could be others, and that lot opens up 50mil plus to go with the 50mil plus we are already slated to have.

Trent, Norman should be moved on this year, Reed should be retired off, cut the other at season's end. We need more day1 and/or day2 draft picks in 2020.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Kerrigan will add no value next year. I'd stick with him this year but not pay him 11mil next.

Dundar = overpaid

Moses = overpaid and overrated. 

I just looked at Dunbar's contract compared to the rest of the CBs in the league.  He's like the 50th highest paid CB in the NFL, there's very few quality CBs paid less than him

And anyway it's the last year of his contract, if he's re-signed he'd probably have a lower cap hit

39 minutes ago, dballer said:

How exactly is cutting Kerrigan just to save money helping you?

Because he's a team captain, leads the team in sacks every season, is 2nd all time on the team for total sacks, is widely respected, and is always healthy. The theory is that if we ditch him, other expensive players on our team will see how little respect the team has for them and will want to leave, which will free up even more cap space.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:31 PM, actorguy1 said:

Can someone please summarize what players we can realistically release/not re-sign for 2020 and what kind of cap space it would clear up for the team? Thanks. 

We could have ~$80 M in cap space if we:

Trade Trent

Cut Norman

Cut Reed

Cut Richardson

We're currently at ~$38 M (and hopefully some of that is planned to go to Scherff and a replacement TE)

3 hours ago, dballer said:

How exactly is cutting Kerrigan just to save money helping you?

Kerrigan is a great pro, been one of these best for us over the past decade or so.

but rest assured we'll do what we do best and keep him here on an over inflated contract for a good couple of seasons. 

This years examples being Norman and Reed.

Next year will be Kerrigan and Moses/maybe Richardson 

45 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

They need to get it over with and decide whether he's worth the $14 M/year or not.  

Top 3 Guards:

Zach Martin (Cowboys):  6 year $84 M (2018), $40 M Guaranteed, Avg/Year:  $14 M

Kevin Zeitler (Giants):  5 year $60 M (2017), $31.5 M Guaranteed, Avg/Year:  $12 M

Trai Turner (Panthers):  4 year $45 M (2017), $20.5 M Guaranteed, Avg/Year:  $11.25 M

Pay the man...get it over with.  We don't need to manufacture additional holes on this team.  

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Kerrigan is a great pro, been one of these best for us over the past decade or so.

but rest assured we'll do what we do best and keep him here on an over inflated contract for a good couple of seasons. 

This years examples being Norman and Reed.

Yeh I don't know how you can compare Kerrigan to Norman and Reed. Norman had a couple of flashy seasons. Reed has been injury prone from day one. They are pretty much the exact opposites of Kerrigan. 

Now if you want to discuss whether we should resign him and at what price and length, that's a discussion. But cutting him just to try and save some money for one season, that is ludicrous. 

14 minutes ago, megared said:

They need to get it over with and decide whether he's worth the $14 M/year or not.  

Top 3 Guards:

Zach Martin (Cowboys):  6 year $84 M (2018), $40 M Guaranteed, Avg/Year:  $14 M

Kevin Zeitler (Giants):  5 year $60 M (2017), $31.5 M Guaranteed, Avg/Year:  $12 M

Trai Turner (Panthers):  4 year $45 M (2017), $20.5 M Guaranteed, Avg/Year:  $11.25 M

Pay the man...get it over with.  We don't need to manufacture additional holes on this team.  

If they offered him 13 mil and he declined...well that is pretty tough. 

26 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Richardson is now.  I'd be fine with Moses going, if there was a viable backup, or plan in place (nothing leads me to believe that's the case).  Not a fan of Bruce's discount shopping strategy.  

Kerrigan has never been overpaid.  He is on a very team friendly deal.  

5 minutes ago, dballer said:

If they offered him 13 mil and he declined...well that is pretty tough. 

He wants top of the market.  He'd get top of the market in free agency.  They should've offered him $13/ year last year, when the Martin deal was getting done.  Day late, dollar short.  

And we don't know what guarantees they were offering...

Kerrigan can't regularly beat opposing RTs.. I'm not sure what is "team friendly"about this contract when he is a pretty mediocre as a every down linemen. What he has done in the past is meaningless now. He's 31 and aging. If money can be applied elsewhere, do it...otherwise there is little logical reason to think he's gonna get better next year. Short of PEDs anyways. The best thing he cold for us is catch fire and get a couple multi sack games (Cause that's really the only way he shows up) as try to flip him for a mid-to late pick.

Norman can be gone tomorrow if he plays as he has. Moses has amazingly regressed and needs to be replaced...Reed...man just needs to retire for his own health, I feel bad for him. 

Or you know...fire Manusky and see if any of these dudes are salvageable 

Archived