Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So let's see it's almost the end of the week and we let a bunch of players walk and signed Collins. Sounds about right for this organization. Superbowl next year

I don't think we let go anyone we should have retained. Ha Ha would have been ok at a bargain bin price, but wasn't going to stay for that. Ditto Preston Smith. Not worth the contract. Ditto Crowder, since he couldn't stay healthy. 

Would I have liked to have seen us sign CJ Mosely, sure! But, Seventeen million a year is 4 million more than the second highest paid ILB in the league, and I would rather have a 17 million dollar pass rusher or CB. Dee Ford had one year of solid production under his belt, and that was in a contract year, on a team that scored a million points, forcing opposing QB's to often play from behind. I think he is fools gold. And, he is older.  

There are some players I would like to have seen us sign. Amos, for instance. We still could sign Justin Houston, but at his age, I would be wary. 

I look for us to possibly trade for Rosen still, and draft a WR in the first or second. 

10 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I would like to sign a LG and add offensive line depth. 

Who would you sign? Definitely Cooper, to add depth, but we need more there. 

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Who would you sign? Definitely Cooper, to add depth, but we need more there. 

Pickings are slim but I would sign last years Eagles, Chance Womack and offensive line jack of-all-trades Stefen Wisniewski.

I am actually shocked LG has not been addressed...I am hoping the FO either drafts a guard in the early rounds of the draft or a guard falls into their laps in the same manner as DeSean Jackson and Zach Brown in previous off seasons.

20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Id offer Matt Kalil an incentive laden deal and a LG starting role and see if he bites. If he'd rather stay at LT, whatever and move on.

I'm with ya, we need someone to replace Neitchze anyways. Plus in before someone says Kalil at LT and Trent at LG. 

17 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

How much better is Collins than DJ was?? 

I’m not sure the difference is material tbh 

I am definitely not a fan of Redskin ownership or the front office but you can't have players voicing their concerns regarding coaching decisions to the media.  I loved DJ's passion and play on the field but his attitude is the reason he is routinely released from teams.

So I guess rather than make any other impact moves we're just sitting on the sidelines taking a victory lap on Collins. 

I want us to tank, so it doesn't bother me. But it does make going "all in" on Collins seem pointless and puzzling. 

21 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Big difference in term of leadership.  I have heard only good things about his character from his teammates and other officials in the league.  If he execute like Kerrigan on and off the field then we got something well worth the money.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

So I guess rather than make any other impact moves we're just sitting on the sidelines taking a victory lap on Collins. 

I want us to tank, so it doesn't bother me. But it does make going "all in" on Collins seem pointless and puzzling. 

Unfortunately, Snyder will forever try and fill the void left by Sean Taylor...

28 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Looking at their play you can see that Collins is more disciplined and plays smarter.  DJ plays with emotion and brought too many issues into a locker room that were negative.  I think in a larger picture, with a young defensive line as the core, the more disciplined and younger Collins in better for the bigger picture.  You simply can't argue that what DJ said and did was in the best interest of his team.  It was not.  His statements showed that as a leader he wasn't the positive presence that he was trying to be.  Maybe had good intent and passion for change, but he was ultimately a negative drag with his unfiltered opinions.

Not addressing LG yet tells me they are probably planning to in the draft. Some really good second round guards this year too. If they do decide to fix the position in FA, There are still a couple G left that I like alot. 

1) Quinton Spain. Road grader with some athleticism. Has some consistency issues. But when he is playing well he is a beast. And only 27 YO.

2) TJ Lang. The dude is just good. But health issues and might retire.
3) Mike Remmers. Solid player in both the run and Pass pro. Looks like the Giants might be interested.

55 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Impact difference is probably minimal. We will probably love LC if we keep him in the box and send him on blitzes and hate him if we put him in coverage too much. I hope we play to his strengths and not ask him to be something he is not. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

IMO? It is not even close. Collins is a beast. Watch his speed, intensity and tackling ability. If I am picking any safety in the league to be my strong. I am picking him.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't think we let go anyone we should have retained. Ha Ha would have been ok at a bargain bin price, but wasn't going to stay for that. Ditto Preston Smith. Not worth the contract. Ditto Crowder, since he couldn't stay healthy. 

How about TY Nsekhe

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

IMO? It is not even close. Collins is a beast

I'm sure Collins is a hell of a lot better player when comparing him to DJ. With that being said have the Giants been winning games with him? So in other words one player especially a good safety doesn't make a team that much better when they such at so many other positions.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Thats an odd signing by the Giants, they already have a good slot WR so not sure why they would dump that much into Tate.

Gettleman is Bruce jr.

Yeah funny enough the Giants with this signing even without Beckham -- I think hands down has better receiving weapons than we do.  If the Redskins are really in a win now, 2019 or bust mode as just about everyone who covers the team say is the case -- then you got to figure they must have something up their sleeve at LG and WR?  

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How about TY Nsekhe

Ty isn't a young player.  Going on 34 this year as a backup swing OT isn't as much of a loss as it might appear.  Skins need more depth on the OL.  His 2 yr 14.5M deal isn't really the solution now that he was in previous year.  I like him.  He played well in his backup roles.  They need more then 1 player on the OL and that cap number doesn't fit here in 2019.

Definitely need to find a solution to the LG drama and overall OL depth.

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

IMO? It is not even close. Collins is a beast. Watch his speed, intensity and tackling ability. If I am picking any safety in the league to be my strong. I am picking him.

Me, too.   He's the one player on their defense I feared.   I get the idea of don't overpay for a safety but this dude IMO is special.

A guy from PFF explained today on 980 that having a safety who can blow things up underneath is huge in today's NFL so he didn't get all of the whining about stud safeties who specialize in the box -- saying Collins' thing specifically is to kill YAC in the flat.  And today's QBs love the short-easier passes and heavily rely on YAC and having a dude like Collins who makes that difficult fits today's game.  His point is Collins helps shut down the run and also help defuse a team's short passing game.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

2019 or bust mode as just about everyone who covers the team say is the case -- then you got to figure they must have something up their sleeve at LG and WR?  

That sounds so ridiculous... 2019 or bust.  At least a year early on that one.  I say 'Tank for Tua!' 

Archived