Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, I don't think she meant any malice with what she did.

Its insensitive at a minimum. It shows inability to empathize and think outside ones self. Do I think there was intentional malice or hatred - no. But this is classic inadvertent racial insensitivity.

Just now, Springfield said:

How do you figure? I don’t plan on changing on the party line that I vote.  **** the other side.

I expect to see ads where Dems gave up on race and sexual harrasement issues when inconvenient from standpoint they didnt have political will to force these three fools out.  Are they right, does it matter in this post facts world? 

Trump caused a threshold to be passed in what we tolerate from our public figures going forward and my state jus proved that, it will get thrown in our face, right or wrong.  That will matter for those that arent as dead set in your vote as you are and the next time something like this comes up.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I expect to see ads where Dems gave up on race and sexual harrasement issues when inconvenient from standpoint they didnt have political will to force these three fools out.  Are they right, does it matter in this post facts world? 

Trump caused a threshold to be passed in what we tolerate from our public figures going forward and my state jus proved that, it will get thrown in our face, right or wrong.  That will matter for those that arent as dead set in your vote as you are and the next time something like this comes up.

Like, I can vote for a party that has, and continues to have, voting records that support racist positions.  A party that is against public healthcare, a position that I care deeply about.  A party that promises tax cuts but then actually raises taxes through a bait and switch plan.  A party that wholly supports an American despot...

Or I can vote for the party that generally supports my political opinions and may have some generally inconsequential skeletons.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Springfield inconsequential is a terrible word choice and this is bigger then you and me.  It's a good thing Northam cant run for another term because I wouldnt vote for him again, I do not care that he hes a dem, I have a line and he crossed it.

Right, he can’t run again.  Is this going to make you vote republican for the next governor?  This jackass doesn’t effect my line of voting in the next election.

Like between general democrat and say Corey Stewart or Ed Gillespie it’s not even a choice.  This incident won’t change things for me.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Right, he can’t run again.  Is this going to make you vote republican for the next governor?  This jackass doesn’t effect my line of voting in the next election.

Like between general democrat and say Corey Stewart or Ed Gillespie it’s not even a choice.  This incident won’t change things for me.

I dont vote out of spite, so I'm still waiting for a Republican worth my vote (I was about to, but my dude decided not to run again). If I had of known this blackface thing  before the election, I wouldn't of put a vote for governor based on the options.  

If Trump was a Democrat and wanted a New Green Deal as long as he could grab it by the p*ssy, would you vote for him?

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Deleted, a bit snarky 

Send me a PM, I want to know what's on your mind on that one, I didnt see it

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Comparing Northam to Trump is the type of fiery rhetoric this story needs.

Smollet getting left in the dust, @Spaceman Spiff!

How bout the fact we cant force people out of office for wearing blackface anymore?  Where are we heading with this line that's been nuked because everything is going to get compared to Trump now.  That press conference made me furious, I feel like I'm being told to deal with it.  What am I going to be told to deal with in the future to make sure a Republican isnt elected?

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

You've actually made it crystal clear that you don't think I have a mind.

That wasn't my intent at all, I apologize. 

50 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Its insensitive at a minimum. It shows inability to empathize and think outside ones self. Do I think there was intentional malice or hatred - no. But this is classic inadvertent racial insensitivity.

how so? based on the description, i don't know what she should have done differently. 

"Standing inside the mansion’s old slave quarters, Pam Northam allegedly handed one of the black students a piece of cotton and said: “Can you imagine being an enslaved person and having to pick this all day?”

A Virginia Senate page, who attended the Feb. 21 tour and is also black, came forward this week and revealed what allegedly happened. She wrote the first lady a letter on Monday, condemning her actions.

“There are only three Black pages in the page class of 2019,” the student said. “When you went to hand out the cotton you handed it straight to another African American page, then you proceeded to hand it to me, I did not take it. The other page took the cotton, but it made her very uncomfortable. I will give you the benefit of the doubt because you gave it to some other pages. But you followed this up by asking: ‘Can you imagine being an enslaved person, and having to pick this all day?’, which didn’t help the damage you had done.”

The student claimed that the first lady’s comments and the way she “carried” herself during the entire tour was “inappropriate, especially considering recent events with the Governor.”

SKIP AD

“From the time we walked into the mansion to the time in the cottage house, I did not receive a welcoming vibe,” the student said. “It was very testing to know I had to go somewhere, and I had no choice as to if I went, I had to be respectful, and be on my best behavior, even when the people in positions of power I was around were not doing the same. I hope this was a learning experience for everyone involved, and that no one else is subjected to this. I hope to hear back from you soon!”

the damage she had done? the offended pages own description makes it sound like northam didn't do anything wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont vote out of spite, so I'm still waiting for a Republican worth my vote (I was about to, but my dude decided not to run again). If I had of known this blackface thing  before the election, I wouldn't of put a vote for governor based on the options.  

If Trump was a Democrat and wanted a New Green Deal as long as he could grab it by the p*ssy, would you vote for him?

I haven’t voted out of spite... yet.  Actually I take that back.  Northam was a spite vote.  I vowed never to vote republican again after Trump.  So yeah, I guess it’s all spite at this point however the democrat platform is one I believe in.

If the Northam blackface thing drops before the election then I’d bet you’d have a Governor Fairfax right now.

As far as the Trump comparison, no I wouldn’t vote for him.  But, I wouldn’t make it force me to give up on the party or the WHOLE ****ING PLATFORM because one ****ty person did one shorty thing.

Cmon now, this IS bigger than you and me. It IS bigger than Trump or Northam.  These are ideals and values.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah it was, and you know it. You wouldn't have said it twice if you didn't mean it. 

No, hell no.  Please tell me what I said that made you think that, jus made me feel ill.  No way two posts should wipe out our conversations over the years.  Disagreeing and disrespect are not the same thing

Archived