Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When I first saw the picture of Gase I immediately thought of Gruden.  LOL.  You know, we had from the end of the regular season till now to negotiate with all the DC's our there released from their perspective teams.  We wait until the final hour to start looking and all the good ones are gone.  Then we have an owner and a President that will not do interviews with the media.  I think that says it all.  

I doubt it happens but I can see Bruce bringing in a DC that no one has heard of or that isn't very good.  Right now without changes to the coaching staff this team has to be the most messed up managed and operated sports team in all sports at this time.

16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

if all they did was talk on the phone I'm not sure that qualifies as a "battle for Gregg William's heart"...

Wait...did they actually interview anyone? lol...Serious question.

But Smittie Smith on Twitter swears that Dan & Bruce have been seducing and serenading GGGW with FTD bouquets and "Please come back" notes attached.

And just a note there's actually 3 G's in Gregg's name, so really he's Triple G.

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

GGW by phone.

yeah, that's not an interview lol...

Put another way: let's say the Skins had fired Manusky last week. Then it's heard that they want Williams as the new DC. People here on ES get excited over possibly having Williams back as DC. We keep hearing it's between us and the Jets, and the Skins are reported as "really wanting" Gregg Williams.

Then we find out Williams agreed to a contract with the Jets. Then, we find out the Jets flew him in, had the lengthy discussion, asked about how he would change the defense, showed him around the facilities, took him out to dinner, made him a sales pitch...and that Bruce and Dan called him....and that's it.

People here would be livid, and would not say they interviewed him. Most would say it's no wonder Williams took the job seeing how the Redskins did the absolute minimum to inquire about him. it would be the equivalent of the offer they made Cousins that so many felt was an "insult" and didn't blame Kirk for not giving a counter offer.

So to me anyway, the Skins merely calling Williams while their current DC is still on the payroll doesn't really qualify as interviewing him. I have no real clue what the phone call was about...maybe a fishing expedition of sorts...but doesn't sound like they were in a battle for his heart, as Russell said lol...

Hold up...did Williams even visit the Jets? lol...Are coordinator job searches done over the phone now?

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

what if they were snap-chatting or face-timing ?

is that an interview ?

All I know is that the Skins met face to face with past DC candidates. Maybe since they think they know Williams it wasn't necessary--which, if so, is a severely screwed up way of approaching it in my eyes. 

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You know, we had from the end of the regular season till now to negotiate with all the DC's our there released from their perspective teams.  We wait until the final hour to start looking and all the good ones are gone.  Then we have an owner and a President that will not do interviews with the media.  I think that says it all.  

I doubt it happens but I can see Bruce bringing in a DC that no one has heard of or that isn't very good.  Right now without changes to the coaching staff this team has to be the most messed up managed and operated sports team in all sports at this time.

this is how think it went down -

season ends and bruce convinces dan the low attendance, sales and general unhappiness is due to lafemina and co. so they get the axe. however, due to bruces already burgeoning unpopularity this actually causes a backlash and the #firebruceallen mantra grows instead of slowing down. desperate to do something, and manusky being already in the doghouse with fans, bruce decides to sacrifice him to take the heat off and appease the bloodlust. but....he waited too long, the best choices are gone and now he's shown his hand AND humiliated his current DC...making the situation, as per usual, the worst possible scenario and shamefully embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

All I know is that the Skins met face to face with past DC candidates. Maybe since they think they know Williams it wasn't necessary--which, if so, is a severely screwed up way of approaching it in my eyes. 

And with Bowles it was the exact opposite.

He physically stopped by Redskins Park, just to say, "Yo, what's up Doug Dawg, ole buddy from our Super Bowl days"

And that was constituted as an interview.

My guess is the redskins tried to get Williams to fly to DC today for a meeting (called him up, said theydcri anything to get him here, then the jets at last minute gave him a bit more money to get the deal done). 

Also, it was probably mentioned on the other page, but woods is also not an option anymore. I think there’s literally nobody left now.....it’s manusky or bust 😂😂😂 wow. 

55 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So have the Redskins met with anyone? I'm not really following the thread anymore lol...I just check in to see if we've hired someone.

Sounds like Doug with Bowles but otherwise just phone conversations with others.  Sounds like they wanted to meet with Gregg but it didn't happen but they talked. 

37 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So to me anyway, the Skins merely calling Williams while their current DC is still on the payroll doesn't really qualify as interviewing him. I have no real clue what the phone call was about...maybe a fishing expedition of sorts...but doesn't sound like they were in a battle for his heart, as Russell said lol...

If they weren't that serious about Gregg, others would have to be wrong too including Finlay and Adam Schefter.

But if you want a more cynical narrative, Loverro thinks it was the Redskins just feigning interest to get some buzz with fans.  

It’s pretty obvious that ANY coach who can land a job elsewhere is not going to want to come here. Phone call, in-person doesn’t matter, as a coach it is in your best interet to NOT come here. You are almost better off taking a year off than joining us, as your name will be dragged through the mud eventually.

Sounds like hyperbole but it is not. Not to say it can’t happen but clearly we are at a disadvantage and it falls squarely on Bruce and Snyder.

Other owners have been trolling Snyder in league meetings for a while now. He's a joke in their eyes. Little clueless Danny. He's even seen as a bigger tool/failure than Mark Davis -- the guy with a Flobee haircut and a conversion van. At least he pulled off the Raiders move to Vegas -- and got a billion dollar stadium paid for.

But now coaches seem to be trolling Danny as well. 

What's next? More people at the DC XFL team game?

Something i feel I should add:

Is it disrespectful for Snyder and Bruce to be searching for a replacement DC while manusky is still here? Yeah. It is. But Snyder and Bruce probably realize they’ll have a tough time finding anyone. If they fired manusky AND THEN tried to find someone, and got denied by all their options? Then what? Left with nobody to take the job. The media would crapping all over them in that scenario. 

23 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

Are Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan just about the last Former Head Coaches and former DC' that might be available for the DC position here?

I think Ryan is through with football and Marvin Lewis will wait a year or so to hopefully get another HC gig.  I could be wrong.  I just don't see him being DC under Gruden.

With the Redskins loving the Crimson Tide players and having both Allen and Payne on their roster wonder if there would be interest in Karl Dunbar (Pittsburgh Steelers DL coach) and former DL coach at Alabama.  With all the talk of Manusky being replace I have to think it's done at some point in time whoever the new DC will be.

Archived