Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

49 minutes ago, Unbias said:

The GW love actually represented change. To really peg it down I'd say most people were for 'not Manusky' and Gregg Williams just happens to be a name that people knows. 

instead of change it's this weird version of the 'same' where people know they aren't loved, but are pretending everything is cool.

It's become this weird type of normal where nothing changed, but people in jobs feel less safe. 

the only true consistency with the franchise is this -

whatever needs to be done, even if it is to do absolutely nothing, the skins will find the way to go about it in the worst possible way, with the most embarrassing results imaginable. 

21 minutes ago, Hooper said:

They should seriously tank for two years so they can get Lawrence. That would at least be a plan.

Lawrence ideally but I can take Tua next year.  I among others have been saying this for awhile but heck it was even a discussion point on 106.7, the way teams typically go from bad to very good or mediocre to very good is to get really bad and get really bad during the right year.  IMO 2019 and 2020 either year would be a really good time to get really bad.    So I am not really frustrated by anything thus far -- they might got it cooking this off season.   I am looking forward to Bruce's bargain basement FA signings next.

The only thing that might foil this is if Dan is emotional as people say he is -- he might be going crazy and hankering to make some short sighted move.  The only thing right now they can do to get me down is to trade away their 2020 #1 pick in some short sighted move. 

If Bruce thinks fans are all in, I suspect they are in for a surprise if their selling point is a variation of watch Colt McCoy lead the formerly 6-3 team from last year.   We all know that great things were coming  in 2018, now watch it all go down over a full season.    

Manusky has been a DC for three other teams and as I recall GW's defenses did as much of the bend but don't break.... until the worst possible time stuff the other coaches in that era  did.  I remember a ton of times during the 00s where we're down two scores at the half, the O finally comes to life  in the second get it to one score and if the defense can just hold them out we look like we can come back.  Then the D gives up a ten minute drive and another score  and it's mid fourth and it's once again a two score game

This thread is a joke.

1.) Would everyone be cool if we fired Manuski with no replacement?  I actually like what they are doing, He did a **** job last year so he should be on the block.  As far as im concerned they can and should talk to any/every DC they want.  If Manuski is lucky enough to be the DC next year he will know that he needs to do better.  This is called accountability.  It also extends to DJ Swearinger. 

2.) The sky is not falling, Ill sig bet anyone we win at least 7 games next year.  Which would be a 5 year stretch where we have won at least 7 games.  Just FYI you have to go back to Gibbs 1 to find a stretch like that.  

3.) Stop crying, this is the best we have been in 20 years, we may just need a few things to go our way to have a really good season.

27 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

This thread is a joke.

1.) Would everyone be cool if we fired Manuski with no replacement?  I actually like what they are doing, He did a **** job last year so he should be on the block.  As far as im concerned they can and should talk to any/every DC they want.  If Manuski is lucky enough to be the DC next year he will know that he needs to do better.  This is called accountability.  It also extends to DJ Swearinger. 

2.) The sky is not falling, Ill sig bet anyone we win at least 7 games next year.  Which would be a 5 year stretch where we have won at least 7 games.  Just FYI you have to go back to Gibbs 1 to find a stretch like that.  

3.) Stop crying, this is the best we have been in 20 years, we may just need a few things to go our way to have a really good season.

1) YES, I'm good with firing everyone to let the world know there are wholesale changes. and one doesn't publicly interview potential replacements while the job holder is still in place. proves disfunction and instills confidence in no one involved. its not a question of manusky KNOWING he needs to do better, it is all about CAN he do better.

2) the sky HAS fallen. are we so beat down as a fanbase that....woo hoo...we won 7 games, FIVE times in a row? that is a defeatist mentality. a sub .500 performance doesn't generally equal much post season football.

3) no it isn't. no we don't, unless those few things happen to be the rest of the NFCE vanishing into the bermuda triangle.

14 minutes ago, onedrop said:

1) YES, I'm good with firing everyone to let the world know there are wholesale changes. and one doesn't publicly interview potential replacements while the job holder is still in place. proves disfunction and instills confidence in no one involved. its not a question of manusky KNOWING he needs to do better, it is all about CAN he do better.

2) the sky HAS fallen. are we so beat down as a fanbase that....woo hoo...we won 7 games, FIVE times in a row? that is a defeatist mentality. a sub .500 performance doesn't generally equal much post season football.

3) no it isn't. no we don't, unless those few things happen to be the rest of the NFCE vanishing into the bermuda triangle.

How will people feel if Dan trades up and takes Murray (Okla, QB)? It'll be RGlll talk all over again....Until Murray refuses to play for such a messed up organization and goes to baseball instead. Maybe that would be the kick in the groin that Dan needs to make significant changes?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow, I guess that Skins were only offering the DB coaching position to Woods.  Well, looks like another year of Manusky but with Allen/Snyder at the helm from day to day one never knows.  Thanks for the post, SIP. :) I really wasn't a Wood fan due to his D rating (22nd overall) but if the Skins can find a better DC than we need to get him.  Ed Donatell is interviewing for the DC in Denver and they probably hire him so there goes another good option at DC.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Wow, I guess that Skins were only offering the DB coaching position to Woods.  Well, looks like another year of Manusky but with Allen/Snyder at the helm from day to day one never knows.  Thanks for the post, SIP. :) I really wasn't a Wood fan due to his D rating (22nd overall) but if the Skins can find a better DC than we need to get him.  Ed Donatell is interviewing for the DC in Denver and they probably hire him so there goes another good option at DC.

I am more interested in the idea that they are striking out.  I can't wait until they explain this later.  We were committed to Manusky this whole time we love the dude.  We are the Redskins we always poke around and explore ways to improve our club but upon reflection we decided that we are better off with who we have in house. 😂

I guess this team might be so bad in FO that no one really wants to come here.  Sad. :( 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am more interested in the idea that they are striking out.  I can't wait until they explain this later.  We were committed to Manusky this whole time we love the dude.  We are the Redskins we always poke around and explore ways to improve our club but upon reflection we decided that we are better off with who we have in house.

Could very well be.  The fans know all the lines.  It's sad the this organization is about to go down in flames because of an owner that has the issues he does.  

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

How will people feel if Dan trades up and takes Murray (Okla, QB)? It'll be RGlll talk all over again....Until Murray refuses to play for such a messed up organization and goes to baseball instead. Maybe that would be the kick in the groin that Dan needs to make significant changes?

bruce would still somehow talk him out of it. i swear, bruce freaking allen is the dan whisperer.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I guess this team might be so bad in FO that no one really wants to come here.  Sad. :( 

I like to always preface this point that I've been in the camp that this is a 7-10 win team for 3 years in a row.  So this isn't me to be negative just to be negative because I am typically not in terms of this team can't pull a mediocre season.  I think though the luck runs out this time.   And, I think a lousy off season is what's needed to go 4-12 or so.    The best way to get good is to take a step back, get a young franchise Qb and then you are hopefully set. 

Some pretending that the Qb had nothing to do with the mediocre records for the last 4 years IMO are missing the boat and by a mile.  There is a reason why the team went 1-6 once Alex was out.  Colt IMO isn't going to last the season let alone leading this team to an 8-8 record IMO. 

Having said that it wouldn't shock me if they make a move on QB.  But i hope they don't until the 2020 draft.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Could very well be.  The fans know all the lines.  It's sad the this organization is about to go down in flames because of an owner that has the issues he does.  

*going down

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like to always preface this point that I've been in the camp that this is a 7-10 win team for 3 years in a row.  So this isn't me to be negative just to be negative.  But I think a lousy off season is what's needed to go 4-12 or so.    The best way to get good is to take a step back, get a young franchise Qb and then you are hopefully set. 

Some pretending that the Qb had nothing to do with the mediocre records for the last 4 years IMO are missing the boat and by a mile.  There is a reason why the team went 1-6 once Alex was out.  Colt IMO isn't going to last the season let alone leading this team to an 8-8 record IMO. 

Having said that it wouldn't shock me if they make a move on QB.  But i hope they don't until the 2020 draft.

Totally agree with the bolded area.  Colt barely makes it as a backup QB, IMO.  I look for the Skins to draft a QB but our OL really needs help to protect our next high pick QB so he doesn't get beat up and have to retire early.  I wouldn't mind our 1st two selections being OL.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if all they did was talk on the phone I'm not sure that qualifies as a "battle for Gregg William's heart"...

EDIT: Ok, I just saw the photo that went along with that tweet lol....I get the comment a little better now.

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I can kind of understand why.

We've been Zorned before and the wounds are still fresh.

As a result, they have Zorn-phobia,

Wait...did they actually interview anyone? lol...Serious question.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

if all they did was talk on the phone I'm not sure that qualifies as a "battle for Gregg William's heart"...

Wait...did they actually interview anyone? lol...Serious question.

Good point...just seems like a bunch of speculation so far

Archived