Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking Action To Make Redskins Park Listen

Braxford

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, Brokenstriker said:
  • - install a competent and fully empowered GM whose one and only job is GM
  • - rack up consistent "smart" drafts
  • - install a professional team culture (drop/trade/cut/sit the idiots who get pre-snap penalties, unsportsmanlike penalties, blow assignments, mouth off, get in fights, stay at home, miss or are late at work, etc.)
  • - play home games somewhere in DC or Northern VA that is accessible
  • - build that stadium with seats that are unobstructed and sized for adults ... human adults ... with shoulders and hips
  • - increase the number ticket packages (2 game, 4 game, full season) and reduce the package ticket prices ... DRAMATICALLY, so local regular rank and file Redskins fans can afford to go to games instead of selling them to lobbyists and law firms who comp them to people who only want to see the visiting team
  • - do whatever must be done to have a solid seriously above average to great offensive line
  • - stop settling for players with clear holes in their game
  • - STOP playing canned crowd noise in the stadium  
  • - take some notes from the NHL about how they manage to keep home game tickets in the hands of home team fans
  • - refresh the brand ... uniforms if not also name

'STOP playing canned crowd noise in the stadium' _ is this for real? They actually do that?  This is the sort of thing I expect in North Korea not in a NFL stadium.  Is this a NFL wide thing or just us?  

53 minutes ago, Brixtion_skin said:

'STOP playing canned crowd noise in the stadium' _ is this for real? They actually do that?  This is the sort of thing I expect in North Korea not in a NFL stadium.  Is this a NFL wide thing or just us?  

NFL-wide. I believe the Falcons even got docked a draft pick when they got caught doing it.

On 1/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, RonArtest15 said:

The best action you can take is not showing up to practices/games, not buying Skins gear, and not tuning into to any broadcasts Redskins related.  Indifference is king. 

Although I agree with your idea of boycotting, what you are suggesting is not action but inaction. We need to go from passively upset to actively angry. I think social media campaigns should only be the beginning. We need to flush Daniel Snyder out of this city. That won't come from just a boycott. Politics is where he is vulnerable right now. Our best chance is to prevent him from getting a stadium in any of the three districts by actively campaigning against him.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What about a GoFundMe effort for a full page ad in the WP. The press hit would extend beyond the actual ad, I bet it would get national attention.

I think this is a great idea! If someone did this and I knew it would definitely be used for this, and only this, I would absolutely donate to it. Best thing I've heard yet. This would get national attention.

1 hour ago, LCA77 said:

I think this is a great idea! If someone did this and I knew it would definitely be used for this, and only this, I would absolutely donate to it. Best thing I head yet. This would get national attention.

The key is how to organize it, am thinking.  I'll throw it out to some that are talking about doing something on twitter and see where it goes.  I'd definitely donate myself.

Something like:

As long-time Redskins fans we are embarrassed that this team during Dan's tenure has had one of the worst records in the NFL

But we are even more embarrassed by the constant soap opera and narrative of dysfunction at Redskins Park and lack of accountability for it. 

Since Dan you don't speak to the fans unlike just about every other owner in the NFL, all we can do is rely on the narrative from others who claim to know you and the narrative we hear is that you are out of touch with fan concerns, what you are aware of you don't care about and you are more concerned with using Redskins Park as your personal social network including keeping Bruce Allen than actually winning games.  

And we find that narrative depressing and full of despair considering its coupled with this team never finding its stride during your ownership to be a consistent winner or even sniffing anywhere close to a Super Bowl. 

Dan we don't know any other way to get this message to you than doing it this way -- if you indeed do care than please hire a real front office person for the first time and stay out of their way --  as opposed to putting a pal in that spot or someone who reminds you of your Redskins youth fandom.   Do it the right way for once.

Do what winning teams do and build a winning culture and you'd be surprised how endearing you'd suddenly become to Redskins fans.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to read stories about fans abandoning this team, not showing up to games or watching them on TV.  The choice is yours.

Sincerely

Hundreds of passionate Redskins fans who funded this ad. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The key is how to organize it, am thinking.  I'll throw it out to some that are talking about doing something on twitter and see where it goes.  I'd definitely donate myself.

Something like:

As long-time Redskins fans we are embarrassed that this team during Dan's tenure has had one of the worst records in the NFL

But we are even more embarrassed by the constant soap opera and narrative of dysfunction at Redskins Park and lack of accountability for it. 

Since Dan you don't speak to the fans unlike just about every other owner in the NFL, all we can do is rely on the narrative from others who claim to know you and the narrative we hear is that you are out of touch with fan concerns, what you are aware of you don't care about and you are more concerned with using Redskins Park as your personal social network including keeping Bruce Allen than actually winning games.  

And we find that narrative depressing and full of despair considering its coupled with this team never finding its stride during your ownership to be a consistent winner or even sniffing anywhere close to a Super Bowl. 

Dan we don't know any other way to get this message to you than doing it this way -- if you indeed do care than please hire a real front office person for the first time and stay out of their way --  as opposed to putting a pal in that spot or someone who reminds you of your Redskins youth fandom.   Do it the right way for once.

Do what winning teams do and build a winning culture and you'd be surprised how endearing you'd suddenly become to Redskins fans.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to read stories about fans abandoning this team, not showing up to games or watching them on TV.  The choice is yours.

Sincerely

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a huge half page ad that simply says #FIREBRUCEALLEN. Well, I'm just kidding. It would need to be more of a positive message than that of course. I like where you are headed though. One day (not a premimum day), half page ad will do the trick for sure.

I like you guys idea of the ad in the WP.  Keep it up, that should def happen. 

I'd been thinking for a while that someone ought to write a very well written letter titled, "Dear Dale Jr." that begs him to form a group that would make a lucrative enough offer to purchase the team.  Get something like that out to social media and you just never know what could happen. 

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

While I've love to see Bruce Allen fired as long as Dan Snyder remains so will the same results.  

My gut is breaking up the Frick and Frack team might help.  No way to know though until it happens. 

Taking a stand that we are sick of how business is run is an indictment of Dan, too -- watching the firebruceallen movement, there are plenty of digs in at Dan in the process.  So I don't think the message is dude, we got no problem with you, its your boy Bruce.  They are both getting hammered in the messaging. 

Bruce is Dan's employee among other things being in love with a dude who fans despise reflects at a minimum on his judgment -- and maybe Dan would pick up on that.  Or for that matter maybe he won't.  But otherwise what other options do we got. 

12 hours ago, LCA77 said:

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a huge half page ad that simply says #FIREBRUCEALLEN. Well, I'm just kidding. It would need to be more of a positive message than that of course. I like where you are headed though. One day (not a premimum day), half page ad will do the trick for sure.

You can't just have a #firebruceallen note on a half page. That doesn't do the trick.

Having a full page of reasons and stuff would be much more impactful I believe.

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sincerely

Nice write up. Maybe you could add some stuff about Dan being a fan, supposedly... If he's truly a fan, hitting him here could do wonders...

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What about a GoFundMe effort for a full page ad in the WP. The press hit would extend beyond the actual ad, I bet it would get national attention.

Holy ****, that would be expensive...if that were to be pulled off, I think the fact that so much money was raised for the ad might actually have a bigger effect than the words in the ad. 

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My gut is breaking up the Frick and Frack team might help.  No way to know though until it happens. 

Taking a stand that we are sick of how business is run is an indictment of Dan, too -- watching the firebruceallen movement, there are plenty of digs in at Dan in the process.  So I don't think the message is dude, we got no problem with you, its your boy Bruce.  They are both getting hammered in the messaging. 

Bruce is Dan's employee among other things being in love with a dude who fans despise reflects at a minimum on his judgment -- and maybe Dan would pick up on that.  Or for that matter maybe he won't.  But otherwise what other options do we got. 

We’ve seen this show before with Cerrato. Snyder is the classic toxic personality so, the team’s M.O. reflects that. If/when the message gets through his thick head, Snyder will likely hire a new toadie that he’ll use to sabotage the GM the same way he did wth McLovin. The problem isn’t the toadie Snyder picks to do his bidding, it’s Snyder. For that reason, I’d love to see the WaPo one page ad be used to ask Snyder to move the team to another city. Aside from being the fastest route to having a competent franchise, it would probably set off the thermonuclear explosion warnings for the NFL. The league is the only entity that can force Lord Farquaad’s hand.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:58 PM, Califan007 said:

Holy ****, that would be expensive...if that were to be pulled off, I think the fact that so much money was raised for the ad might actually have a bigger effect than the words in the ad. 

Good point. Money well spent!

Personally I think Dan Snyder is going broke and will have to sell the team. His last ditch effort to raise capital was to get people hyped for a new stadium at RFK and he’s largely failed. The whole organization stinks of nickel and diming. At least, one one can hope.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:46 PM, Destino said:

The problem isn't a lack of awareness, it's a lack of competence.  They're doing their best to build a respectable franchise that wins on the field.  The task has simply proven too large for them. 

I'm glad somebody still believes that, you in there more, I'm gonna make a guess there's a reason you still feel this way.

Archived