Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Good news/bad news on the Nats game in Tampa against the Yankees. 

Good news:  Joe Ross started, pitched 2 innings and retired all six Yankees he faced (all major leaguers).  He threw first pitch strikes to 5 of the 6 batters. His fastball was in the 93-94 mph range.

Bad news: Things fell apart after Ross left with a 2-0 lead.  Carter Keiboom was charged with another error, airmailing a throw over first after charging a chopper to third. And, per Mark Zuckerman, Victor Robles was wincing and favoring his left side after a throw of his sailed over third base. Mercifully, rain halted the game in the 5th with the Yankees leading 8-2.

But good news on Joe Ross.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

Kieboom with another E. Ball was well hit, but right at him. Over his glove and through his legs. 

Soto robbed of a 2 run HR by the wind blowing in from left. Zim robbed too I thought back in the first inning.

Edited by CRobi21

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i really really hope i'm wrong about that guy

I’m getting the same feeling. Might be best for him to spend at least another year in the minors. Call him up in Sept to give him another taste without the pressure. Don’t see him making the team at this rate. Which means we’ve got a hole in the infield.